Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? (22717 Views)

Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? / Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by toboint(m): 10:27am On Sep 23, 2017
missbeckykisses:
I studied computer science, but am busy surfing the web and niarland commenting Rubbish because am boored and I need cassava , and hey I also sew clothes... This kin life sef
hmmm...
u try....
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by raymondFirstborn(m): 10:31am On Sep 23, 2017
Dinzelflash:
na so theodolite easy to buy abi
if you cant buy, you hire.No time for excuses
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Dinzelflash(m): 10:35am On Sep 23, 2017
raymondFirstborn:

if you cant buy, you hire.No time for excuses
bobo, who is giving excuses here? U read my comment so?
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by raymondFirstborn(m): 10:47am On Sep 23, 2017
Dinzelflash:
bobo, who is giving excuses here? U read my comment so?
yeah I did, if you cant buy cant you borrow whenever you have job a to do.You have to market yourself in your area.Men that didn't even go to school in my area are claiming land surveyor and they all living large.Inshort one just came back from dubai with his wife, not to now talk of you wey go school.
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Dinzelflash(m): 10:55am On Sep 23, 2017
raymondFirstborn:

yeah I did, if you cant buy cant you borrow whenever you have job a to do.You have to market yourself in your area.Men that didn't even go to school in my area are claiming land surveyor and they all living large.Inshort one just came back from dubai with his wife, not to now talk of you wey go school.
well judging from the topic of this thread I gave a befitting answer..made no form of complains, infact I love my intended profession( I'm still a student)..just needed further guidance on how to up my game from colleagues in the field. Thanks anyways
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by raymondFirstborn(m): 10:59am On Sep 23, 2017
Dinzelflash:
well judging from the topic of this thread I gave a befitting answer..made no form of complains, infact I love my intended profession( I'm still a student)..just needed further guidance on how to up my game from colleagues in the field. Thanks anyways

ok.But you can still get some small small jobs to do in your community if you know how to use a theodolite and a ranging pole.
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Dinzelflash(m): 11:05am On Sep 23, 2017
raymondFirstborn:

ok.But you can still get some small small jobs to do in your community if you know how to use a theodolite and a ranging pole.
sure, already doing that.
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by theNOISEmaker: 11:52am On Sep 23, 2017
benueguy:
1. Sound Card 2. Any CONDENSER microphone 3. Pop filter 4. Good PC with at least 2.5Ghz speed 5. Midi controller (alternatively, normal church keyboard with USB port) 6. Good headphone(s). 7. Any "good" radio with auxiliary input 8. Plugins 9. Plugins 10. Plugins
mehn.. So like how much will this stuffs cost in total?
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by kachiz(m): 1:31pm On Sep 23, 2017
Chommieblaq:

Ok thanks, just don't kno bathe one to start with

The choice will be yours to make depending on the one you'll want to try out first.

The Koko is to start first.
I believe there are a lot of tutorials online to help.

God bless the Internet
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Ellixlimswag(m): 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ok I studied computer science... I love love networking... but I fit die put music production... I can't do without it it's addictive sweet pass fxck... am learning everyday.. saved up bough my sound card midi keyboard... but na yahoo win am I need to open my professional studio....
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by adem30: 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2017
Nicolars:

Good morning boss, I'm a comp engr student.. Any advice for me pls

Did you get your job by grades or skills

Thanks

Good one Bro,

My advice for you is to acquire more skills in IT, Have a good grade in School, but work more on your skills. IT does not depend on your grades, but what you can offer. If it warrant you to pay extra cost to have more skills, pls do, you will reap it soon. Make sure you are a problem solver before graduating. Best of luck Bro
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
bayocanny:
Lol, your moniker tho grin
what's wrong with it?
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Burgerlomo: 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
scofieldsimba:
University education is highly overated in this part of the world.. I graduated 12 years ago,since then,nothing to show for it..

One small boy that did boi boi in my town has built a house in Lagos and he is currently building one in the villa..
All I can boast of is one nonsense certificate with no values..

And someone is asking me to go for my masters...

Masters ko,slave ni!

Lets embrace vocational education. ..
Thats the in thing right now..

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Insuurance(m): 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2017
Please can i get reason 8 complete suit from you? Let me know 07062586862. Thanks sir

josephdreams:
For Those interested in learning a Skill in Music,take advantage of this course:

INTERNATIONAL BEST AUDIO ENGINEERING TRAINING IN LAGOS NIGERIA
Highlights for Students
• Studio engineering and music production training
• Six weeks certificate course
o Last week for test and Examination.
• Course content:
o Module 1:
 Introduction to Digital Audio Workstations – FL Studio, Reason, Pro-Tools, Cubase and Sony Acid
 Usage of DAWs in instrumentation (beat making), vocal recording and editing.
 Production techniques and effects – delays, reverbs, pitch correcting and software (autotune) equalizers
 VST Instruments and Plugins
 Electronic Music instrumentation
 Audio and Midi Editing
o Module 2:
 Studio Equipment and set up
 Sound Acoustics
 Studio Recording Techniques in Commercial Studios
 Microphone Techniques
 Basic mixing and mastering techniques
o Module 3:
 End of Course Project
• Conducive training and state of the art studio facility with analogue and digital studio equipment located in a serene environment for hands on practical
• Students can look forward to abundant access to our studio facilities both in class time and on project work, as well as work experience on professional projects
• Equips you with professional skills to become a sound engineer both in hardware and software operations
• Knowledge of various DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations)
• Each stream will be limited to a maximum of 10 students to maximize one-on-one time
• Internship opportunity for best student per stream
• Full assistance for students who wish to set up their recording studio and purchase equipment
• One year 70% discount on studio booking sessions for students yet to set up their studio
• Certificate to be presented to students on course completion
• Ideal for beginners and experienced professionals who require knowledge on up to date techniques
• Call to confirm space availability before purchase if you already have a batch in mind (space is reserved for ONE HOUR only after call)
• How to redeem:
o Send full name, Coupon details and preferred batch to info@jworldntertainment.com.ng
• Students are required to have a Windows laptop
• Training materials to be provided by Merchant:
o Home Recording for Musicians for Dummies by Josephking
o Portable USB Condenser Microphones
o Nanokeys and Nanopads Midi controllers for PC/IPads
o DAWs: FL STUDIO, CUBASE, REASON and SONY ACID
• Learn more about this business on www.jworldntertainment.com.ng
Qualification Awarded on Completion: Certificate
Facilities: High Tech Software & Hardware Gears for Practical Drills.
Exact Duration: 6 Weeks
Fee: N40, 000.00 | Registration Fee – N10, 000.0
Internship/Work Placement: Radio & TV Stations Across Africa.
Validating Body: IBEC / ICAE
Contact Person: JosephKing
Plot 18, Road 16, Ikota Villa Estate, Lekki, Lagos
www.jworldntertaainment.com.ng
+234(0)8063154192
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Kingzy4pep(m): 2:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
opymx:
Studied Human Physiology but I am a Network Engineer.
Hello. This your post just attracted me. I wanna switch career.
How did you do yours?
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
Chommieblaq:

Thanks
I want to start with one I can easily afford and that's won't be difficult for me to catch up with as a beginners, so should I give programming a shot?

Naaah I didn't in either place.

I'll suggest you begin with Java programming. The bulk of enterprise needs require Java. And, yes, you could learn via the internet but be sure to do two things:

1. Find a programmer to periodically hang out with.
2. Naija loves her certificates. Learn Java to your heart's content. Then go for a certification exam.

Shalom!
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by solidmyk(m): 11:19pm On Nov 21, 2017
I practice welding and fab as a profession studied urban and regional planing, still looking for means to advance my welding skills.
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by MrsDan: 12:28pm On Jan 25, 2018
omoelerin1:
I studied, not 'studies'. I am, not 'am'

Thanks alot for the correction.
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Emmanuel602(m): 11:11pm On Jan 25, 2018
Studied Biochemistry but now a professional gambler. Only bet9ja agents will understand what I mean. Nigeria is a cursed state
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by gly2ken: 7:19am On Jan 26, 2018
Studied geology graduated with 2.1, did ICAN and CITN and now working as a chartered accountant.
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Tarytaomon: 4:44pm On May 16, 2019
This is Nigeria. Don't glue ur life to what you studied in school. I was a science student in school but am a very good actress. Although I haven't taken any step towards that. If you ask me, that's my passion.

So my dear discover ur passion and work with it wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Job Prospects For A Bsc Microbiologist In Nigeria / N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving / Corporate Affairs Commission Staff Queried Over Facebook Post On Buhari, Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.