Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

How To Become A Born Again Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Become A Born Again Christian (388 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become A Born Again Christian by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
God is offering the free Gift of Life to all of us every single day. It is the great gift of Salvation and Eternal Life that is offered to us with no strings attached. God knows that through our own works we would never be able to earn the right to heaven and to atone for our sins He sacrificed His own Son Jesus Christ. Jesus shed His precious Blood for all our sins - past, present and future - and through His death He opened up a gateway for us so we would no longer be bound by the chains of death but could rather following His path to heaven.

All we need to do to receive the gift of Salvation and Eternal Life is believe in Him with a true and open heart. He expects us to give up control of our own lifes and leave all guidance up to Him. That sounds hard but it really is not. Once we have decided to let Jesus enter into our hearts His Holy Spirit begins the transformation process and we will be changed completely. That does not necessarily mean that life will get any easier. We will still have to deal problems and hardships but this time we will approach them with a different heart and we will have the right solutions. If we maintain a close and true relationship with Jesus Christ and if we continue to allow Him to lead us trough our lifes He will open up our eyes to a truth that we never new before. A wonderful truth that will enable us to understand life's problems with a much deeper insight and will offer us solutions that we have never dreamt of before. Even if we do not understand these solutions at times, in retrospect we will see that He guided us step by step and led us to safety.

If you are tired of living a life without meaning in a materialistic world that lacks compassion and love, a world that has chosen the "Almighty Dollar" as it's god and that will sacrifice anything and anybody to achieve it's ultimate goal: "financial freedom", then please consider the alternative.

Jesus Christ is waiting for you every single day to open up your heart to Him and to invite Him into your life. Once you are ready to take the next step the following prayer will be your "ticket" to Eternity:

The Prayer that changes Your Eternal Destiny

"Father, I thank You that Jesus died for me. I confess I have broken Your laws. Forgive my sins. I receive the pardon right now. Lord Jesus, come into my life. Give me a new heart with new desires. And by Your Spirit, give me the power to live a life that is pleasing to You. Thank you for forgiving me as You promised. Thank You for the gift of eternal Iife."

If you prayed this prayer - prayed it with sincerity and a true heart - then you can be assured that the Lord has prepared a place for you in heaven. Congratulations and welcome to the family of God. No matter what you've done in your life, you've received a full pardon in God's eyes. That's how easy it is for you. But it was not free - it cost God the life of His beloved Son in your place. Just thank Him for such love to you.

Now your Life in Christ finally begins.

Jesus promised Eternal Life to all of us that follow Him. The ultimate reward. Nobody knows exactly what Eternal Life looks like, only God knows. At times I try to visualize how it would feel to live a life without suffering, a life full of love. The perfect life. But however Eternal Life will eventually turn out, I know it is worth perceiving. But we do not have to wait until we die before we can enjoy God's Love. He is with us in our hearts every single second of the day. Life as a Christian might not always be easy but I would not trade it for anything in this world. Being a sensitive and caring person makes you vulnerable to pain and suffering but on the other hand you are able to feel Love so much more strongly that this alone makes it worth all the effort.

Daily prayer is the key to a close relationship to Jesus Christ. If you pray with an open heart, you can ask Jesus for anything and if it is in God's will, you will eventually receive it. Do not become frustrated through testing him and waiting for miracles. Things might not happen exactly the way you expect them to, but if you, for example, wait for a period of time, maybe 3 or six months, and then look back at the way your life has developed, I can assure you that you will see the light, that you will realize that Jesus has lead you and at times even carried you through a life which without him would be senseless and unbearable.

Please also understand that you have received this gift through the Mercy and Grace of our Savior Jesus Christ and not through your own works. Contrary to what many churches might want you to believe you can not earn this gift. That also means that you can not loose it through mistakes, failures and sins that might lie in your future unless you specifically ask Jesus to leave you. Knowing this alone will take a lot of pressure off you and enable you to live a life without fear and self-discrimination. Jesus knows that you will fail many times but He will always be at your side no matter what, ready to forgive you and to lead you further on your path to heaven.

If you want to know more about Christianity and the Life of Jesus Christ, a good place to start is of course the Bible. The first time in my life I have just finished reading the Bible from cover to cover. You have to understand that it is not a book with a few stories and a few guidelines. It is the Living Word of God. Only if you read it with an open heart and a desire to change and to give your life to Jesus will the Word of God be able to inspire and to lead you. If you are not a Christian and you try to read the Bible just out of curiosity, then it is a difficult book with many confusing parables and doctrines.

Please also understand that you can not just open up the Bible, pick a paragraph and apply it to your own life. You need to understand who is speaking. Is it God, Jesus, an apostel or somebody else. Also you need to understand who is spoken to: the Jews, Gentiles or other groups. For example the Old Testament mainly deals with the Jewish people and God set forth a law which is called the Mosaic Law. This law does not apply to the Gentiles. The Mosaic Law was later abolished by Jesus Christ. A fact that most Jewish people have not been able to accept so far. So you can see that it is very important to understand the contents of what you are reading. This will make it a lot easier for you to understand what it is the "Word of God" is trying to teach you.

Although I tried my best to completely give myself up to Jesus, reading the Bible was often quite difficult for me. But I am convinced that there is no human being that understands every detail of the Bible. It was not designed to be understood by everybody. It was designed to inspire him that reads it with an open mind and to be a guiding hand for all Christians. Sometimes you will not understand what you are reading and suddenly you come to a paragraph that opens up your eyes and is a precise reflection of your current state of mind. Sometimes you will cry while reading it and sometimes you will scratch your head. Compare it to the ultimate father's love. He always wants the best for you and he always loves you. Sometimes you do not understand all his orders but you follow them anyway. Looking back at a later point in life you realize that he was right all along and that his guidance has ultimately saved you from destruction.

Reading the Bible should be part of your daily life as a Born Again Christian.

Another good source of Christian literature are bookstores or Christian book shops. There you will find a great variety of books dealing with all aspects of Christianity. Just be careful. First of all the books you choose should be written in accordance with the Holy Scriptures and furthermore I cannot vouch for every author. There are good ones and there are bad ones. You must ask Jesus Christ for guidance while you evaluate the material.

Andre Rosinski

Source: http://www.jesus-christ.com/howtof.htm
Re: How To Become A Born Again Christian by Hier(m): 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
glory

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Born Again Christian by obisco4u: 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
Rubbish
Re: How To Become A Born Again Christian by weezeffizy(m): 8:48pm On Sep 22, 2017
glory to God

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Glory Realm / Anambra Church Declares 40-day Fasting For Restoration Of Biafra Republic / The Sudden Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.