Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? (19782 Views)

Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? / Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by ebubeson: 9:50am On Dec 11, 2022
If someone gets born again, will the person still be affected by past ancestral Bondages or curses? Please contribute... in situations were you offended someone and the person cursed, you may have to go back to apologize or return what you stole..

Please contribute!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Naijanascam: 10:05am On Dec 11, 2022
In a nutshell........ You can't eat your cake and have it....

The bottom line is refrain from Evil

24 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by ATEAMS: 11:04am On Dec 11, 2022
See in this life eh...

Nothing is impossible

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Xyzee: 11:04am On Dec 11, 2022
Stop playing!
There is nothing like curses anywhere especially as a child of God. Once you give your life to Christ, you are a new creature and old things have passed away.

I have a parent who never was there in my growing up until I became successful, he has been cursing me since I became an adult (I no send him papa) and the more he curses, the more I become successful and when people go to tell him how I have been so successful, he claims me at that moment before them. After they leave, he sends more curses. Lol

So OP, nobody can curse you as long as you have God by your side.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Yungmil: 11:05am On Dec 11, 2022
If you commit sin in PDP or any other party once u join APC your sins are forgiven--ARISSTOTLE

Past curses and ancestral bondage is just an African problem.

It doesn't exist in developed countries

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by chidiebere2020(m): 11:05am On Dec 11, 2022
In the same book of Bible you get both angles. For example, Deuteronomy 5:9-10 says, "I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing lovingkindness to thousands [of generations, see 7:9], to those who love Me and keep My commandments." But in Deuteronomy 24:16 it says, "Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin." Both perspectives are in the same book. (Compare also Jeremiah 32:17-18 with Jeremiah 31:29.)

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by mecuzee(m): 11:05am On Dec 11, 2022
Yes and no

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Mathiasa(m): 11:05am On Dec 11, 2022

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Mathiasa(m): 11:05am On Dec 11, 2022
We are the reason we are being affected by our ancestry sins, this is because of our lack of faith.
Everyday we keep reminding God to forgive us our sins and that of or ancestors, we keep repeating the same prayers day and night, weeks after weeks months after months and yearly.
If you pray to God to forgive you ur sins once and u believe it's been forgiven, why repeat the prayer everyday?
What I think is that we never believed God forgave us the first time we asked for forgiveness.
Just pray once and believe that he has forgiven you the sins and move on.
If you repeat same prayers (ancestral sins) everyday, it means u never believed God forgave you in the first place, and that shows lack of faith.
What is faith with doubt? It means unbelieve.
Why will God forgive you if u don't believe he actually did.
Just pray for forgiveness, believe and that all. Stop repeating prayers .

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by charlesedu777: 11:06am On Dec 11, 2022
Ask God

9 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by tasalanoni(m): 11:06am On Dec 11, 2022
Wessa
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Eriokanmi: 11:06am On Dec 11, 2022
Yes oo. Sadly, generational curses don't recognise whether you're born again or not. The bible has said it all in Deut 5:9.

That's why people must pray always....without ceasing. However,if you're from a family of believers, those curses could have been broken along the line and you'd not be affected.

I had a colleague back in the days . He was older than me. I dey call am bros. He's from Isoko area of Delta. He told me one day in the office that, he's afraid right now. I asked bros what's it? He said nobody in their lineage lives beyond 40 years. God Almighty is my witness if I lie. I told him not to fret but put it into prayers and seek God's face for mercy. He celebrated his 40th birthday, nothing happened. He had celebrated 50th birthday already and still living. He prayed oo

Sadly, his younger sister died a few years back when she was approaching 40 years...it was just a few months to her 40th birthday. They took her body home. I now remembered what he once told me...I was shocked. Only God knows what happened generations back...and someome placed a curse on them which affected their generations. He's now a pastor sef. Definitely, the curse wouldn't have any power over his children cos it's been broken in his generation already.

Many weird things happen to many people in life and they'd think its ordinary...people always ought to be praying. Sadly, this generation is a wayward type. Many don't even believe God ever exists. I only shake my head for them.

One day, I visited my inlaw who told me her friend had a breast cancer. I asked for her name and I gave it to my pastor for prayers. My pastor said, she can't survive it because its gone too far on her before they could realise it. He said the cancer had affected 4th generation before hers. He said but if someone can pray for her...if she has a daughter who hasn't known any man, and can read a book of psalm which he gave me, on her, she'd make heaven. He said the psalm was about forgiveness of sin.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by FrancescoFarino(f): 11:07am On Dec 11, 2022
Yes it is possible but knowing God earlier aids in evading or remove those generational curses in no time

3 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by TheRealOwner(m): 11:07am On Dec 11, 2022
Yes. When you get saved as a Christian, it is your spirit and your spirit ONLY that is saved

The same way you are still subject to natural laws and events like gravity, hunger and thirst is the same way you are still subject to the things that were operational spiritually before you got saved.

Now, how do break free from all these things mentioned??

1) By growing in knowledge of God's word to know all that we have in Christ, all we can do and who we have become
2) by conscious spiritual exercises to break, bound or loose as appropriate

ebubeson:
If someone gets born again, will the person still be affected by past ancestral Bondages or curses? Please contribute... in situations were you offended someone and the person cursed, you may have to go back to apologize or return what you stole..

Please contribute!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Naira20: 11:07am On Dec 11, 2022
Yes, if he is ignorant of who he is supposed to be.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Oluwapresley(m): 11:07am On Dec 11, 2022
I'm here to read great teachings.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by IranianSea: 11:07am On Dec 11, 2022
ebubeson:

Please contribute!
Pastorpreneurers will tell you NO that once you give them your hard earned money, you have nothing worry whereas they knew you do.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Millz404(m): 11:08am On Dec 11, 2022
Other countries are building hydroloops, spaceship, self driving cars, so much advancement at a rapid rate. Africans are busy in their backwardness asking dumb questions

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by DropsMic(m): 11:08am On Dec 11, 2022
Black man reasoning

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by atdscentofwater: 11:08am On Dec 11, 2022
hmmmmmm, as a christian we stiil ve to fight against generational curses with prayers

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by timiade446(m): 11:09am On Dec 11, 2022
charlesedu777:
Ask God

You too like violence grin
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by mozona(m): 11:09am On Dec 11, 2022
not possible, a born again Christian is God' own and cannot be touch.

i believe being born again, he or she has cleans himself/herself from any negative things in their life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by FuckSilly: 11:09am On Dec 11, 2022
Yes!

For instance, you can't eat your cake and have it.

The universe always tries to balance things up ...

IF YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING NOW, OR YOU'VE DONE SOMETHING YOU WON'T LATER PAY FOR, YOU'RE ONLY FOOLING YOURSELF.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Realists(m): 11:10am On Dec 11, 2022
Millz404:
Other countries are building hydroloops, spaceship, self driving cars, so much advancement at a rapid rate. Africans are busy in their backwardness asking dumb questions

The Dome in Abuja is the largest Pastorprenuer factory in Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kingxchange44: 11:10am On Dec 11, 2022
The truth is that Africans are bitter, witchcraft exist here in Africa and are used for destruction, all the posters above me should note that. There is grace and there are enemies against ones success as well as long as Africa is concerned also our bad government adds up.

In this life all I can tell you is make sure you find peace with your creator, think big, work towards goals, try as much as possible and do what is right at least the small ones you can do, commit the rest to God and see things move well for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by olusledge: 11:11am On Dec 11, 2022
If the current day Germans are not affected by ancestral curses after the atrocities committed by Nazi Germany , am sorry there’s nothing to be worried about

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by jaxxy(m): 11:11am On Dec 11, 2022
ideally No! bt if they are ignorant yes.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by BetterChurch: 11:12am On Dec 11, 2022
Yes. Karma and Reincarnation are two immutable laws of God. They are what many refer to as ancentral curses or bondage. As a saying goes "we are our ancestors."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by baconline(m): 11:13am On Dec 11, 2022
No!!!! Such curses etc exist only African minds

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Asgard73: 11:15am On Dec 11, 2022
How born again .. is the born again..

You can’t just be decieving yourself and calling yourself born again.. and you expect evil not to ride you..

How many so called born again are truly born again

Check Again

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Justiceleague1: 11:16am On Dec 11, 2022
Xyzee:
Stop playing!
There is nothing like curses anywhere especially as a child of God. Once you give your life to Christ, you are a new creature and old things have passed away.

I have a parent who never was there in my growing up until I became successful, he has been cursing me since I became an adult (I no send him papa) and the more he curses, the more I become successful and when people go to tell him how I have been so successful, he claims me at that moment before them. After they leave, he sends more curses. Lol

So OP, nobody can curse you as long as you have God by your side.

Really?!!
Do you mean,your own dad sends such to you or what?!
Why don't you then block him or change line?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Will The “Great Crowd” Be On Earth When Armageddon Breaks Out? / Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos / Apostle Suleman Kissing His Wife, Lizzy Suleman On His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.