Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 (8434 Views)

Android Quiz Application With Json Parser, Php And Mysql Database / Finger Print Application With C# / Problem With Connecting Access Database To VB.NET (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 by Aliyasimam: 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2010
Hello Nairaland Programmers

I have just recently write a programm that uses Access 2003 as my back end database, the problem i'am battling now is how to deploy this application so that the people that will make use of this application don't need to have access database before they can interact with this application. i Google this several times but yet to find solution. Please help me.

Thanks
Re: How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 by hydex: 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2010
You are not telling us what kind of application is it.What i mean is it a Web-based or Win-Bases Application,
Re: How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 by Aliyasimam: 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2010
Please i'am Sorry

it Win form base application not web. Please help
Re: How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 by hydex: 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2010
Aliyasimam:

Please i'am Sorry

it Win form base application not web. Please help

Since it is a window base application you will then create an installer that sets up shortcuts and file associations, adds an entry to the registry.There are like 50 steps in doing this which i cannot list on the forum, your can check this link out http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k3bb4tfd.aspx am sure it would help you
Re: How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 by oluk2: 10:56am On Mar 18, 2010
remember to password the database. create an installer and package everything in it
Re: How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 by dotzok: 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2010
When you're searching in Google, just type "How to deploy VB.Net application"

But why would you downgrade your application so much that you resolved to using Access againt .Net, you're gonna be restricted a lot o, guy. I prefer you use SQL if there are no special reasons for choosing Access.

Thanks
Re: How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 by IG: 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2010
The database engine used by access is called microsoft jet engine. It is implemented as a single dll. I cannot remember exactly the name of the dll file but it's something similar to msjet.dll. Do a little googling on that. You only need to deploy and register that dll along with your application and everything will work even if access is not installed on the target system.
Re: How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 by Beaf: 1:15pm On Apr 02, 2010
You can put your .mdb file anywhere you like on the clients machine, they don't need to have Ms Access.
Just ensure they have the required version of Microsoft JET driver.

(1) (Reply)

Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! / Android Programing And Web Programing, Which One Is Better? / My First Real PHP Based Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.