Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,212 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:54 AM

Dance To My Beat: The Nollywood Flick You Should See Before Planning That Weddin - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dance To My Beat: The Nollywood Flick You Should See Before Planning That Weddin (573 Views)

These Cute Weddin Photos Of Bbnaija2021 Niyi & His Israeli Wife Will Make Ur Day / "2 Months After Giving Birth, Leg Still Swollen, Weddin Ring Doesnt Fit"- Adesua / Meet The Nollywood Actress Who Does Not Kiss In Movies. PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dance To My Beat: The Nollywood Flick You Should See Before Planning That Weddin by splendid22(m): 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2017
Dance to my beat: The Nollywood flick you should see before you plan that wedding

We were more than fifty individuals who thronged into the Silverbird Cinema hall on Friday 23rd of September to see Dance to my beat, a new flick produced by the beautiful Nollywood actress, Mary Lazarus. The film sets off with the right dose of humour from the beginning to the very end. As we stepped out of the cinema hall, one of the viewers of the movie said: “ I didn’t even know when the movie ended, Nigerians will definitely love this movie”.

While the movie was being shown, the expression on the faces of individuals watching in the cinema, clearly indicated that they were having a great time. Spontaneous claps and acclamation went off in the filled cinema hall.

Nollywood actor, Fredrick Leonard sat at my back and I could hear his intermittent cackle as couldn’t resist the laughter that emanated from the rib-cracking dialogue in Dance to my beat

The movie tells the story of a couple – Lamide and Raymond played by Mary Lazarus and Joseph Benjamin who in the quest to fit into societal pressures bought tons of Aso-ebi’s , owned money and lived a low quality of life.

Aso-ebi is a unique fabric worn in special ceremonies by family members and friends to symbolize unity and
support. Culturally, it originated from the ‘Yorubas’ in the Western part of Nigeria. It was meant primarily to give support to anyone, who had an event such as wedding, birthday, burial or any landmark anniversary that was celebrated.

Sales of Asoebi now business venture

In Dance to my beat, Lamide and Raymond converted their wedding Aso-Ebi into a business opportunity selling it for an exorbitant price. The money generated from the sales enabled them moved into a highbrow part of town they couldn’t maintain. Many Nigerians spend stupidly and lavishly for their weddings, then when its time to provide for their homes, they are now broke. This was happened to Lamide and Raymond.

Read the rest here

https://www.thenewsguru.com/dance-to-my-beat-the-nollywood-flick-you-should-see-before-planning-that-wedding/

(1) (Reply)

Davido Finally Breaks Silence On Tagbo’s Death Accusation / Peter Okoye's New Deal Is The End Of Psquare / Guys Be The Judge...... Did I Say Anything Wrong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.