Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations (16840 Views)

Nigeria May Be Stripped Of Commonwealth Games Gold Medal / Man United Fans Slam Maguire And Call For Him To Be Stripped Of The Captaincy / Man City To Be Stripped Of 2014 Premier League Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Evestar200(f): 11:56pm On Sep 23, 2017
safarigirl:
I follow you drop the bet, Nigeria is not hosting any CHAN. Na who wan release funds to upgrade stadium before January?..

Guy, drop your 10k make I use you chop this year grin
they are already Stadium in Nigeria That doesn't need upgrade but clean up.

E.g The Abuja Stadium need clean up,
Taslim Balogun Stadium is there.
Akwa Ibom State Stadium
The new River State Stadium ( can't pronounce the name)
The new Kastina Stadium
Even Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin can also host any game.

All those Stadiums are good to host any game.
And thier capacities is 30k and above.

We all see the kind of stadiums other African countries use to host AFCON games ,ours is better than those ones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by DisGuy: 12:14am On Sep 24, 2017
They have been looking for a way to give Morroco since.
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by etiosa24(m): 12:27am On Sep 24, 2017
Today is my birthday.
Can I get a like grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 24, 2017
This is not the first time. They have never been capable hosts. Go through the records,Kenya was stripped of the hosting rights of the 1996 nations' cup for the same reason of lack of adequate preparations. The one S.A. went on to host and win. They want to bring it to Nigeria? No problem. What is the big deal in hosting some "home-based" players from rag-tag domestic leagues across Africa? It is not as if we are hosting foreign-based pros. The only draw-back is that we'll gain nothing from it. I heard Z.A. or Maroc are being lined up to replace Kenya.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 24, 2017
DisGuy:
They have been looking for a way to give Morroco since.
Morocco or S.A. from what I heard.
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by BadBlaize(m): 12:43am On Sep 24, 2017
luvinhubby:
Willing to bet 10k with anybody, Nigeria will be given the hosting right to compensate Pinnick for his risky loyalty to the new CAF president.

bros make we bet?
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Shroud: 1:12am On Sep 24, 2017
alobispot:
Kenya were on Saturday stripped of the right to host the 2018 African Nations Championship (CHAN) following a meeting of the CAF executive committee in Accra.

The decision was announced at a media conference at Tang Palace Hotel after a one-day meeting of the African football "cabinet" headed by CAF President Ahmad Ahmad.
Slow preparations for the January 12-February 4 tournament led to a decision widely anticipated for several weeks.

A CAF inspection team departed Kenya in September to report that only one of the four venues was ready to stage the tournament restricted to home-based footballers.
Some CAF officials also expressed concern about the political situation in Kenya, where recently annulled presidential elections are set to be rerun late October.

It is the second time the regional economic powerhouse has lost the right to stage a CAF competition after being replaced by South Africa as 1996 Africa Cup of Nations hosts.

There has been media speculation that Morocco or South Africa may replace Kenya.

Angola, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Congo Brazzaville, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Sudan, Uganda and Zambia have qualified for the 2018 finals.

Kenya completed the line-up as the host nation – a position they now forfeit.

See more at >> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/breaking-news-kenya-stripped-hosting-2018-chan-cause-slow-preparations/

Only in a dead region like east Africa will you have a country like Kenya with a laughable $70 billion dollar economy as a power house.

Now the poverty-stricken country couldn't host a small international event like CHAN !

1 Like

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by baralatie(m): 1:47am On Sep 24, 2017
IamPatriotic:
CAF should say the truth, it's not as a result of shady preparation anything, but political instability and ethnic clashes.
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 24, 2017
MadCow1:
Lucky Kenya..

These tournaments are a waste of resources and energy.

They put so much demand on scare resources to build new stadiums and hotels for a 3 week tournament and after that these stadiums become relics
correct. just look at brazil
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by samsam2019: 3:40am On Sep 24, 2017
Stupid country like Nigeria would have wasted the money they don't have on the tournament.

I'd rather my country flop at hosting a tourney than suffer the whole country
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Michealforever: 4:02am On Sep 24, 2017
bayocanny:

Can you tell me the year in which we hosted the U-17 world cup and CAF cup of nations, can you compare the socio-economic and political terrain of that time to this present stage we are?.
Lots of factors comes into play when a country si selected to host a particular football tournament.

Why are you moving the goal post.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Nobody: 4:45am On Sep 24, 2017
Evestar200:

Akwa Ibom State Stadium
The new Kastina Stadium

We all see the kind of stadiums other African countries use to host AFCON games ,ours is better than those ones

There's also National stadium Lagos, there's another good stadium in Calabar, just ignore those unpatriotic elements saying we lack infrastructure. I think it's a waste hosting Chan though
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Itulah(m): 5:36am On Sep 24, 2017
And one dumb dumber dumbest ogogoro dude woke up high one morning, created a thread on Nairaland and said Kenya is greater and more developed than Nigeria. God dey look you with corner eye. Nonsense!!!
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by LeSudAfricaine: 5:41am On Sep 24, 2017
shervydman:

that's exactly what I'm talking about too......only south Africa n Egypt has better infrastructure(standard pitch, training ground et al) than Nigeria in the continent.
Really? Algeria, Morrocco, Tunisia?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 24, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
Really? Algeria, Morrocco, Tunisia?
Algeria, morocco, Tunisia don't weigh up to Nigeria in terms of sport facilities, abeg. infact, Tunisia has less than 12 recognized stadia.
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by baronchuks(m): 7:01am On Sep 24, 2017
Kenya is such a bad news
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by DeRay98(m): 7:09am On Sep 24, 2017
IamPatriotic:
CAF should say the truth, it's not as a result of shady preparation anything, but political instability and ethnic clashes.

Before, you speculate, have you seen the venues and their level of preparation?
You should because I have seen it on video and it's not good. They won't be ready in time.
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Evestar200(f): 7:12am On Sep 24, 2017
Pidgin2:

There's also National stadium Lagos, there's another good stadium in Calabar, just ignore those unpatriotic elements saying we lack infrastructure. I think it's a waste hosting Chan though
the reason why I didn't not mention the National Stadium in Lagos is because that Stadium need a lot of work and won't be ready within three months.

Nigeria have alot of stadiums that's need upgrade and renovation.

Other African countries that have been hosting the AFCON and CHAN tournament tournament doesn't have a better stadiums than us, ours is far better than them.

Those Stadiums I mentioned are not ready to host any games even if the game is going take place tomorrow.

All we need is to go and clean the chairs and the environment of the stadiums.
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Evestar200(f): 7:14am On Sep 24, 2017
DeRay98:

Before, you speculate, have you seen the venues and their level of preparation?
You should because I have seen it on video and it's not good. They won't be ready in time.
don't mind them.

Kenya don't have a stadium, they are building new ones which will not be ready even till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Fiwayemi(m): 7:23am On Sep 24, 2017
shervydman:

the last u-17 we hosted was in 2009. if u're talking about political stuffs; fine, but saying we don't have infrastructure is not right. i'm not really sure if many African countries have the infrastructure we have.
hosting can only be giving to a country who did not qualify.nigeria cannot host it because we have already qualify. Ghana,morocco,south africa etc can host it
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 24, 2017
Fiwayemi:
hosting can only be giving to a country who did not qualify.nigeria cannot host it because we have already qualify. Ghana,morocco,south africa etc can host it
yeah, that's true.
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by enomakos(m): 7:37am On Sep 24, 2017
ExAngel007:
move the tournament to nigeria
we are not ready

1 Like

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by enomakos(m): 7:42am On Sep 24, 2017
Evestar200:

Akwa Ibom State Stadium
The new Kastina Stadium

I didn't think Nigeria is interested
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by enomakos(m): 7:46am On Sep 24, 2017
Ghana shall be made the host
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Exempted: 7:52am On Sep 24, 2017
etiosa24:
Today is my birthday.
Can I get a like grin grin grin

There u have it JUST ONE cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by olumaintain46(m): 8:02am On Sep 24, 2017
I think south africa is the best to choose
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by femi4: 8:15am On Sep 24, 2017
ExAngel007:
move the tournament to nigeria
Sure....Nigeria and SA on standby
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by vioment: 8:18am On Sep 24, 2017
Africa and planing be like water and oil for now, don't worry i will become the president of africa with my head quarter in Nigeria, and africans will be proud of the continent and the envy of the world.
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Evestar200(f): 8:34am On Sep 24, 2017
enomakos:
I didn't think Nigeria is interested
how do you know?
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Bratking(m): 9:54am On Sep 24, 2017
Itulah:
And one dumb dumber dumbest ogogoro dude woke up high one morning, created a thread on Nairaland and said Kenya is greater and more developed than Nigeria. God dey look you with corner eye. Nonsense!!!

Actually i've been to kenya. when it comes to basic infrastructures & amenities like good roads, well planned cities, transportations and electricity, kenya is on another level compared to Nigeria. add to that they have a booming tourism industry. even their currency is better. it's only in gross domestic product(GDP) that nigeria is better.
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Bratking(m): 10:07am On Sep 24, 2017
Nigeria won't be hosting any tournament for a while for few reasons namely:

1) Outdated and neglected stadiums and facilities.

2) Archaic network of roads leading to stadiums. need upgrading.

3) Political instability

4) Economical instability

5) Lack of sponsors

6) Lack of 4 or 5 star hotels near the stadiums

7) both domestic and International Airports are few and not easily accessible.

there are a lot more. but mull on these few points for the time being.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Juventus One Of The Best Teams In Europe" - Romelu Lukaku / Samuel Peter Celebrates His 36th Birthday Today / Granit Xhaka Is Arsenal's New Captain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.