Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Is This Occurrence Normal? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is This Occurrence Normal? (713 Views)

Unusual Occurrence Of Mixed Albino Twins In Nigeria(photos) / See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? / SLEEP PARALYSIS:A Commonly Misunderstood Occurrence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Occurrence Normal? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
I need someone who's got an idea to what I'm about to explain To Help me out.

It was yesterday's night and I couldn't sleep cause I was really worried and thinking about things that could go wrong about a current situation that has been bothering me since the beginning of this month. So, I finally slept and it felt like I could not move my body, not even my fingers and it was like every part of my body began to vibrate, it started from the head to the feet (this is the best I can try to explain this thing, it's really hard to find words to describe it)

Albeit it's not the first time it happened to me.

Is there any explanation to this.
Re: Is This Occurrence Normal? by Lovetinz(m): 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
American Academy of Sleep Medicine

Sleep Paralysis
Overview & Facts
Symptoms & Risk Factors
Diagnosis & Treatment

Sleep Paralysis – Overview & Facts

Recurrent isolated sleep paralysis is a parasomnia. A parasomnia involves undesired events that come along with sleep. Sleep paralysis causes you to be unable to move your body at either of the two following times:

When falling asleep (hypnagogic or predormital form)
When waking up from sleep (hypnopompic or postdormital form)

Normally your brain causes your muscles to relax and be still as you sleep. This is called “atonia.” Sleep paralysis seems to be when this atonia occurs while you are awake. Sleep paralysis is “isolated” when it appears without any other signs of narcolepsy.

An episode of paralysis may cause you to be unable to speak. It can also make you unable to move your arms and legs, body, and head. You are still able to breathe normally. You are also fully aware of what is happening. An episode can last for seconds or minutes. The episode usually ends on its own. It may also end when someone touches you or speaks to you. Making an intense effort to move can also end an episode. Sleep paralysis may occur only once in your life. It may also happen many times in a year.

It can be very scary when you are unable to move. You may feel anxious and afraid. Some people also hallucinate during an episode. They may see, hear or feel things that are not there. They may even think that another person is in the room with them. These hallucinations may also appear without the sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis tends to first appear in the teen years. It then occurs most often when you are in your 20s and 30s. It may continue into your later years. It is not a serious medical risk.

Sleep paralysis can be one sign of narcolepsy. Other signs include disturbed sleep at night and falling asleep suddenly during the day. Recurrent isolated sleep paralysis does not disturb your sleep.....

http://www.sleepeducation.org/sleep-disorders-by-category/parasomnias/sleep-paralysis/overview-facts

Your stress contributed.
Re: Is This Occurrence Normal? by nwaanambra1(m): 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2017
you are stressed out.

take it easy bro so u don't develop HBP and stroke.

try sharing what is bordering you with friends and relatives. their advice alone may help a lot.
Re: Is This Occurrence Normal? by madaora(f): 11:03pm On Sep 24, 2017
Try relaxing and take your mind off problems or talk to a friend or family
member about your problem. Once your mind is relaxed you can always have a restful sleep. Reduce or avoid alcohol and caffeine intake.
You can use chamomile tea to prevent occurrences, it is a tea that relaxes the body and induces a deeper restful sleep you can get it in the super markets. Just relax there is no need to worry yourself. cheers
Re: Is This Occurrence Normal? by ShawnMcJoe: 11:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
Re: Is This Occurrence Normal? by ThatKING(m): 1:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
McBeal10:
I need someone who's got an idea to what I'm about to explain To Help me out.

It was yesterday's night and I couldn't sleep cause I was really worried and thinking about things that could go wrong about a current situation that has been bothering me since the beginning of this month. So, I finally slept and it felt like I could not move my body, not even my fingers and it was like every part of my body began to vibrate, it started from the head to the feet (this is the best I can try to explain this thing, it's really hard to find words to describe it)

Albeit it's not the first time it happened to me.

Is there any explanation to this.
its nothing special. just sleep paralysis

(1) (Reply)

What Drugs Can Stop Weaknesses/loss Of Energy / Man Shot 22 Times & Confined For 4 Months Bounces Back (Photos) / "I Have HIV But I Am Still Beautiful" - South African Lady Celebrates Herself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.