Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? (541 Views)

Does God Lead One Into Temptation / Man Caught Drinking Holy Communion Wine After Stealing It From Church In Lagos / Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? by mumumugu(m): 3:17am On Sep 24, 2017
I have heard many atheists say Bible led me away from church or reading bible made me an atheist. pls explain
Re: How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? by CrazyMan(m): 4:40am On Sep 24, 2017
mumumugu:
I have heard many atheists say Bible led me away from church or reading bible made me an atheist. pls explain
Hosea 4:6 would give you a better understanding.
Re: How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 24, 2017
mumumugu:
No it doesn't. It's lack of faith and comprehension to understanding it that made many turning to atheist.
For a better understanding of the scriptures, study and study then ask the holy spirit to teach you. Next is to attend Bible believing church were the word of God is preached
Re: How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? by gentlegenius(m): 9:05am On Sep 24, 2017
mumumugu:
Re: How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? by gentlegenius(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2017
mumumugu:
You seems not to understand that there's a difference between atheists and those who don't go to church.
You spoke as if all those who don't go to church are atheists.
Atheists are those who don't even believe that God exist. But I know so many people who don't go to church yet believe in God and serves him more than some church goers.
I am proud to inform you that I stopped going to church over 2 years ago, yet I still believe strongly in God and my God is very close to me.

1 Like

Re: How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:31am On Sep 24, 2017
mumumugu:

I also observed under the sun that the race doesn’t always go to the swift, nor the battle to the mighty, nor food to the wise, nor wealth to the intelligent, nor favor to the knowledgeable, because ACCIDENTS can happen to anyone.
Ecclesiastes 9:11 CEB
http://bible.com/37/ecc.9.11.CEB

Well...... You can't argue against the above, can you?

Some version calls it "chance".
Re: How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2017
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7 KJV
http://bible.com/1/isa.45.7.KJV

And I will make the rivers dry, and sell the land into the hand of the wicked: and I will make the land waste, and all that is therein, by the hand of strangers: I the Lord have spoken it.
Ezekiel 30:12 KJV
http://bible.com/1/ezk.30.12.KJV

So will I send upon you famine and evil beasts, and they shall bereave thee; and pestilence and blood shall pass through thee; and I will bring the sword upon thee. I the Lord have spoken it.
Ezekiel 5:17 KJV
http://bible.com/1/ezk.5.17.KJV
Re: How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? by Deicide: 11:01am On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

No it doesn't. It's lack of faith and comprehension to understanding it that made many turning to atheist.
For a better understanding of the scriptures, study and study then ask the holy spirit to teach you. Next is to attend Bible believing church were the word of God is preached
I re.lized the bible was bullshit when I read this lie from Jesus

New International Version
"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

New Living Translation
And I tell you the truth, some standing here right now will not die before they see the Son of Man coming in his Kingdom."

English Standard Version

Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

And i realized the bible was Fiction when i read of Zombie from it......

And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split

and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 24, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

I also observed under the sun that the race doesn’t always go to the swift, nor the battle to the mighty, nor food to the wise, nor wealth to the intelligent, nor favor to the knowledgeable, because ACCIDENTS can happen to anyone.
Ecclesiastes 9:11 CEB
http://bible.com/37/ecc.9.11.CEB

Well...... You can't argue against the above, can you?

Some version calls it "chance".

I like Ecclesiastes because it is one of the most realistic book of the bible.
Re: How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:29am On Sep 24, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

I like Ecclesiastes because it is one of the most realistic book of the bible.
I used to believe in miracles till I read Ecclesiastes...
Re: How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
mumumugu:

"THE ROAD TO ATHEISM IS LITTERED WITH BIBLES WHICH HAS BEEN READ COVER TO COVER"

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

She Dumps Christianity And Converts To Islam-igbo Woman Formerly Known As "Bless / I Stand With Freeze / Controversy About Maulud Among Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.