Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) (101213 Views)

"Is This Christianity?" Lady Asks After Her Pastor Scolded Her For Wearing This / Lisa, Esther Ajayi Daughter's Birthday Party Dress (Photos) / RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by CastedDude: 1:33pm On Apr 08, 2018
A lady has been left displeased after she was sent away from a church in Awada area of Onitsha, Anambra state for wearing this outfit. According to Mbanefo Nkiru Angel, she was sent back by the church warders who told her to wear a jacket or a scarf to cover her ''naked'' outfit.

The unhappy lady took to Facebook to share what happened. She wrote;

Today that I decided to go to church. My look to church today in awada onitsha. The church warders sent me back. They refused me entering the church saying I should go and look for a jacket or a scarf to cover my shoulder. Shouting that I'm naked. I didn't even talk to them. I just jejely and happily carry my legs and go back. let me go and sleep biko.

Nonsense and ingredients. Ndi over do...

Below is how Facebook users reacted to after she shared her story online.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/lady-sent-away-by-warders-for-wearing-this-outfit-to-church-in-onitsha-photos.html

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by CastedDude: 1:33pm On Apr 08, 2018
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by dominique(f): 1:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
When in Rome, act like the Romans. Not all churches allow revealing outfits on their premises.

290 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by xreal: 1:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
Her dressing is not too bad for a sinner.

Don't they welcome sinners in that church? Even Christ does welcomes sinners.

226 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 08, 2018
Lalasticlalala... grin

Sometimes u have to look at life from a different perspertive!!

15 Likes

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by delugajackson: 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2018
shocked

Is this even still a discussion?

Reviews condition people. At the end of the day, a lot of human minds are malleable. They can be easily shaped with the right words. Jesus never despised the sinners, he taught them the right way of life. He never sent them away, as the case of Mary Magdalene, the prostitute. He even dined with them, as was the case of Zaccheaus, the tax collector.

The over-zealous atittude of today's churches would be their impending doom.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by mumureloaded(m): 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
well to all the pastors in the house, this land is not for sale, it's free only if you have something sensible to say.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by donstan18: 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2018
Kudos to the church warders that sent her back, they really did well.

Only God knows the number of church members that could have lost their lives because of the gravity of stench and odour that might be coming and oozing out from her open armpit.

They should have locked her up for attempting murder, what nonsense. Any lady dressing to church should dress properly, decent and clean for the betterment of herself and church members, dressing to church mustn't revolve around decency only, but hygiene.

The clergy will tell the church members to raise and wave their hands to God, and when a lady beside you raises her hand, you start breathing in tongues at the sight of an open armpit looking like thick poo

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by psucc(m): 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2018
So mek we go beat the church warders mek dem allow her enter? Everywhere get their code. Let her wear that go party or niteclub and see whether anybody go ask her question.

Church no be by force

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Amarabae(f): 2:23pm On Apr 08, 2018
Am I the only one who don't see anything wrong with her dressing?
Prove me wrong with facts if you disagree.
That must must be either catholic or all these Methodist,Anglican.
Dogmatic in their Othordox way.

My sister, there is nothing wrong with your attire.

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
nice one
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Gossiplover: 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2018
what is wrong here now...

lalasticlala come and see gobe

3 Likes

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by InansBobo(m): 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2018
xreal:
Her dressing is not too bad for a sinner.

Don't they welcome sinners in that church? Even Christ does welcomes sinners.
True, sinners are always welcomed especially Naija Polithiefcians..
The warders should simply buy such things and keep and be giving to such people to wear over their bodies before entering the church.
I have seen in Dunamis Church cases where young ladies with tight trousers are given wrappers when they are going for Altar call

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Nenejeje(f): 3:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
dominique:
When in Rome, act like the Romans. Not all churches allow revealing outfits on their premises.

True, what is so difficult in dressing decently to church just for few hours fa?

This her dressing is even better compare to the ones I'm seeing in some churches lately

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by MistadeRegal(m): 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2018
Get a jacket.
And go back to church.
GOD is waiting for you.
But instead you went home to sleep.

The warders too on their part shouldn't have make it a shouting stuff. That will embarrass her and make her not want to come back.
Call her aside humbly,
Ask if she has any jacket,
Ask if she has any long scarf,
If she doesn't have, help her out with one.
That's Christianity.
You don't judge and condemn people too quickly.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Samanza89: 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2018
Sister Nkiru, the fact remains that I don't support what the Church did and I can't also support you.

Now listen... You see why I hate religion in entity, the church was actually meant for people like her, it was meant to serve as a contact of correction and not condemnation. We detest smokers, womanizers, prostitutes, kidnappers, and all other vices you can think of coming to our churches, but in true sense the church was created and meant for them. Now sending her back without sitting her down and talk to her how will she know what she eventually did wrong.

Ps: What's bad is bad, but she shouldn't stay back from church cos of that.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2018
I see nothing wrong

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Charliiee(m): 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2018
Nenejeje:

True, what is so difficult in dressing decently to church just for few hours fa?

This her dressing is even better compare to the ones I'm seeing in some churches lately
You honestly think that's indecent dressing?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by partnerbiz4: 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2018
This awada girl

1 Like

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Onechancearmy(m): 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2018
dominique:

And since when did a MUDslime like you become knowledgeable on Christian etiquette?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by onatisi(m): 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2018
she went to the wrong church .
if one church rejects you , there are tens of others that will happily and readily accept you

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2018
That church must be Assemblies of God church, very stupid church.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by KingsCity: 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2018
sorry but we wont allow you to come and tempt the pastor

3 Likes

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by DonMaxxy(m): 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
She goes by the name Angel...
She went to the said church to do devil's work...i.e to seduce some fellas who signed up for God recently
She ran out of luck...the real angels(church wardens) apprehended her...

To the church wardens: Two two bottles of any bor that is their brands... grin grin grin for apprehending the fake angel
The work of God must continue...

2 Likes

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
Going back to the root...

I visited a Catholic Church in the East,
there was this calmness, I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit

They were no nonsense church warders

I can see clearly that they know what they are doing

Thumps up to those that sent this lady back cause these generation are gradually turning the Church into something else undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Omojudy: 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2018
Thank your stars you no wear trouser self.
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Charmerbeautylooks(f): 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2018
Ndi catholic bu ndi ala!!!

1 Like

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Outofsync(m): 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2018
a
delugajackson:
shocked

Is this even still a discussion?

Reviews condition people. At the end of the day, a lot of human minds are malleable. They can be easily shaped with the right words. Jesus never despised the sinners, he taught them the right way of life. He never sent them away, as the case of Mary Magdalene, the prostitute. He even dined with them, as was the case of Zaccheaus, the tax collector.

The over-zealous atittude of today's churches would be their impending doom.
undecided

Jesus also whipped out people from the temple

Paul also told us not to be unevenly yoked and to dress modestly, decently

it's foolishness to imagine you can change people's perception of a wrong thing after you've seemingly embraced it, The Catholic Church's acceptance of homosexuals into their midst just proves it further.

Way better that there are 10 pious folks in a church than a million filthy souls.

Iranu

4 Likes

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Pavore9: 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2018
She no wan even go Church before, she don see excuse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Charliiee(m): 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2018
I'm really struggling to see the indecent exposure here.

8 Likes

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by okerekeikpo: 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2018
Jezebel pls go home, u want to seduce our parish priest

1 Like

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by SAMBARRY: 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
dominique:
this is not revealing OR indecent.haba.speaking of which clothes DOES not represent how moral you are.even prostitutes wear big bubu and cover their business centres when THEY are not at work.moreover to be fair that gown is simple and decent enough.it is not drawing unnecessary attention plus you can EVEN wear it to work as an office gown.I see bank workers dress like this to work or other corporate staffs.filthy hypocrites

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Water Elements And 'Water Children' / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked / Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.