Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

What Is The English Name For This Fruit? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The English Name For This Fruit? (4861 Views)

What's The English Name Of This Fruit. / What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language / What Is The English Name For "Kpomor"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by XploraBen(m): 4:01am On Sep 25, 2017
My mum went to her hometown and brought this particular fruit among the stuffs she came with.In her native Igbo the fruit is called Ochicha(not the same pronunciation for cockroach,though the spelling look same).This fruit is succulent and really sweet,so not saying much,I want to know if there is an English name for it because I know many Nairalanders are exposed and informed.

So anyone who knows the English name for this fruit?

Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by banjicom(m): 4:09am On Sep 25, 2017
undecided
wat is this?
smh!! fruit for the gods
Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by XploraBen(m): 4:15am On Sep 25, 2017
banjicom:
undecided

wat is this?

smh!! fruit for the gods
cheesy
I also have not seen it before,but I can testify to the sweetness of the fruit after eating it. grin
Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by mumumugu(m): 4:35am On Sep 25, 2017
what is this that is as white as my sperm
Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by EricSmallz(m): 4:55am On Sep 25, 2017
Kola na. All these kids sef
Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by fk001(m): 5:15am On Sep 25, 2017
How many pod does it have?
Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by KendrickAyomide: 5:16am On Sep 25, 2017
XploraBen:
cheesy
I also have not seen it before,but I can testify to the sweetness of the fruit after eating it. grin
Keep eating what u don't know, Since you are Tazarn grin grin grin
Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by Florblu(f): 5:39am On Sep 25, 2017
Is this from another world?
Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by Abiagirl777(f): 5:48am On Sep 25, 2017
It is native to Abia state and has the yellow and white varieties.
the pods could contain seeds ranging from one to six very sweet something.
we have its tree but don't know the English name.
I'm even happy it doesn't have it cos its not everything oyiboman will claim.
The name is Ochicha like when you want to call achicha for bread(replacing the a with o)and so shall it remain!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by Joephat(m): 6:04am On Sep 25, 2017
Its cola...

The guy above me, is related to lie Mohammed or he is an APC man...
Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by Sijo01(f): 6:29am On Sep 25, 2017
Is this not kolanut
Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by XploraBen(m): 12:39am On Sep 26, 2017
EricSmallz:
Kola na. All these kids sef
Before calling it Kola,have you seen it before? And you're calling whom you do not know a kid? That is infelicitous.
fk001:
How many pod does it have?

It has as much as six(6) of those white,succulent fruit pods in it.
KendrickAyomide:
Keep eating what u don't know, Since you are Tazarn grin grin grin
My mom brought it and she was the one who opened it and shared it to us...a loving mother can not give her child(ren) harmful stuffs to eat. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by XploraBen(m): 1:07am On Sep 26, 2017
Florblu:
Is this from another world?
Yes its origin has been traced to Mars grin...only that a species of it has been growing in Abia state cheesy But seriously,this fruit is just one of its kind...it is really soft and sweet.Just wish you can have a taste of it wink
Abiagirl777 can relate to this.
Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by XploraBen(m): 1:14am On Sep 26, 2017
Abiagirl777:
It is native to Abia state and has the yellow and white varieties.
the pods could contain seeds ranging from one to six very sweet something.
we have its tree but don't know the English name.
I'm even happy it doesn't have it cos its not everything oyiboman will claim.
The name is Ochicha like when you want to call achicha for bread(replacing the a with o)and so shall it remain!
No need I say anything about this fruit again,you've said all...its sweetness is just oohlahlah...
Wanna pm you.
Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by boldnburiful: 11:07am On Sep 26, 2017
Are you tired of buying creams and soaps at ridiculous prices just to discover they didn't work? Learn to make yours today and start making money from it too.
Join our skincare training promo for September? Click here for the outline

https:///send?phone=2348054153798&text=%20please%20send%20me%20the%20outline%20of%20the%20organic%20skincare%20training
Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by happystep(m): 11:04am On Sep 14, 2018
This one is called Bush kola, it comes in yellow,Orange and White colours.
We named it bush kola because It is indigenous to West Africa rain forest. People who would want to mock others that eat it call it monkey fruit or monkey kola, after monkey pox epidemics.

However the naming followed that of mango and Bush mango ie our local mango specie used for cooking draw-soup (ogbono.)

XploraBen:
My mum went to her hometown and brought this particular fruit among the stuffs she came with.In her native Igbo the fruit is called Ochicha(not the same pronunciation for cockroach,though the spelling look same).This fruit is succulent and really sweet,so not saying much,I want to know if there is an English name for it because I know many Nairalanders are exposed and informed.

So anyone who knows the English name for this fruit?

1 Like

Re: What Is The English Name For This Fruit? by Tamarapetty(f): 11:35am On Sep 14, 2018
Which one is the fruit? The red or white that looks like egg??

(1) (Reply)

A List Of All The Beers In Nigeria 18+ Only / ~ Mad About Crisps ? Tell Us Your Favourite Flavours :))~ / Isi Okporoko(stockfish) 4 Sale!!! Order Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.