Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,269 members, 7,829,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do (1213 Views)

Lenovo T430s Laptop Battery / How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity / The Modem I Unlocked Has Refused To Install On My System. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by lajoshua: 9:35am On Sep 25, 2017
Hi guys

Straight to the point; i came here when my laptop charger got damaged by electricity, i got a new one.

But something has happened again, i tried sleeping the system on Saturday then it went off only for me to put it on and the battery refused to charge. It's showing ( 0% plugged in, charging ) but has refused to leave 0%.
It has done this before severally but i always use the help i got from Google about rempving the battery and pressing the power button and all that.

But now that method has refused to work. Now what i want to know from experienced people is is it a battery problem or power pack or what exactly. Because my laptop has been rendered a desktop right now and it's hindering my job.

I'll be glad to hear your comments. Lalasticlala help with this. Thanks!
Re: HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by lajoshua: 10:07am On Sep 25, 2017
Biko somebody help. Anybody.

Lalasticlala abeg help push it where pple would see it
Re: HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by udemzyudex(m): 10:26am On Sep 25, 2017
lajoshua:
Biko somebody help. Anybody.
Lalasticlala abeg help push it where pple would see it

Get a new ba3 but test to confirm before paying.
Re: HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by lajoshua: 10:34am On Sep 25, 2017
udemzyudex:

Get a new ba3 but test to confirm before paying.
Okay. Thanks for your response.
But it seems to me the computer doesn't recognise the battery as it showing unknown on the battery bar.
Re: HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by Lovetinz(m): 11:29am On Sep 25, 2017
Dell?
Re: HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by lajoshua: 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
Lovetinz:
Dell?
Thanks for your response.

No, it's Toshiba
Re: HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by udemzyudex(m): 12:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
lajoshua:

Okay. Thanks for your response.
But it seems to me the computer doesn't recognise the battery as it showing unknown on the battery bar.

The new ba3?
Re: HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by lajoshua: 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
udemzyudex:

The new ba3?
No it's not the battery i changed. It was the power pack.
I mean the battery bar application on my desktop is indicating the battery is unknown.
Re: HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by Lovetinz(m): 12:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
Go to sellers of power packs.
Try different (wattage) power packs.
If it still won't charge the battery. Your battery may have been damaged.
Re: HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by lajoshua: 1:11pm On Sep 25, 2017
Lovetinz:
Go to sellers of power packs.
Try different (wattage) power packs.
If it still won't charge the battery. Your battery may have been damaged.
Okay. I'll check with computer village.

I guessed also the battery got damaged after i put it on sleep till it died.

Thank you
Re: HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by udemzyudex(m): 1:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
lajoshua:

No it's not the battery i changed. It was the power pack.
I mean the battery bar application on my desktop is indicating the battery is unknown.

ba3 not detected?

have u try a new ba3?
Re: HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by lajoshua: 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
udemzyudex:

ba3 not detected?

have u try a new ba3?
No not yet. I'll try and do that soon as possible.
Just need to finish up this work I'm with first.

Thank you
Re: HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by dxdiag(m): 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
Calibrate the battery, if calibration fails
Remove the battery, find a cotton wool swab and inser it into a methylated spirit, clean the battery terminal on your laptop and terminals (positive and negative terminals on your battery), insert battery pack back to ur laptop and power on to see if the procedure is successful.
If the procedure fails, find another battery to test with the laptop and charge, power on to confirm from your taskbar to confirm if battery indicates charging.
Re: HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by lajoshua: 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
dxdiag:
Calibrate the battery, if calibration fails
Remove the battery, find a cotton wool swab and inser it into a methylated spirit, clean the battery terminal on your laptop and terminals (positive and negative terminals on your battery), insert battery pack back to ur laptop and power on to see if the procedure is successful.
If the procedure fails, find another battery to test with the laptop and charge, power on to confirm from your taskbar to confirm if battery indicates charging.
Thanks alot.

I'll try this out. Thank you
Re: HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do by horlaryeanca: 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
http://kumaredrqy.loan/8431470076042/?rstr=430
Once u log in ,create ACC
Nd u can earn by viewing advertisement or by link referral..
Once u view,nd type d symbol in d box..it's goin to giv u 1$...as many as u can view, u wil continue to GT additional 1$
Den u can withdraw anytym
It's real

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Wondered Why Atm Pins Have 4 Digit Code? Here Is Why! / Hp 8560p With 1gb Dedicated Graphics For Urgent Sale / [SOLD] Hp 6730b Probook 2gb Ram Intel 23k (give Away Price)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.