Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity (10842 Views)

How Long Will An RTX 2060 Last? / Must Power 12v, 2000w/2.0kva Fast Transfer True/pure Sine Wave Inverter / HELP! My Laptop Battery Has Refused To Charge What Do I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity by inas911(m): 6:46pm On May 23, 2019
Hey guys, i intend getting a solar system soon and i intend to start small and then upgrade cos if i wait to start BIG i might never get the inverter.

My Calculated WAT usage on the appliances i intend to use is just 280W. I don't intend to start with Solar Panel yet but will upgrade later.

My question is: On NEPA light or Generator (I use a 2.8Kva gen), How long will it take to fully charge one 12V 200AH battery with Electricity or Generator with a good Inverter.

I will be very grateful for your answers.
Re: How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity by Shelloween(m): 6:58pm On May 23, 2019
I don't know
Re: How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity by zeestone99(m): 9:09pm On May 23, 2019
It depends on the charging current of the inverter, most Indian inverter do 13amps for their charging current, if u deplete the ba3, lets say u use 70% worth of juice. It could take u abt 10 to 12hrs to charge fully.
Best thing is to get a smart external charger alongside it, so u can charge full in abt 4 to 5hrs.

Call/whatapp 08117398294 for purchase of ur inverter, agm batteries, solar panels and installation.
Re: How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity by inas911(m): 10:24pm On May 23, 2019
zeestone99:
It depends on the charging current of the inverter, most Indian inverter do 13amps for their charging current, if u deplete the ba3, lets say u use 70% worth of juice. It could take u abt 10 to 12hrs to charge fully.
Best thing is to get a smart external charger alongside it, so u can charge full in abt 4 to 5hrs.

Call/whatapp 08117398294 for purchase of ur inverter, agm batteries, solar panels and installation.

I appreciate your response. I am based in Benin City. If you in the city.. kindly quote me
Re: How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity by zeestone99(m): 11:47pm On May 23, 2019
inas911:

I appreciate your response. I am based in Benin City. If you in the city.. kindly quote me
Call/whatapp 08117398294
Re: How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity by inas911(m): 12:28pm On May 25, 2019
More answers to my questions please
Re: How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity by spidermans: 4:05pm On May 25, 2019
To be honest with you, you can't use a 280 watts load on a single 200ah ,12v battery for long ,that battery will quickly RIP. Being on solar and inverter system for longevity of battery life would mean : a so
at TV ( 15-20 watt) ,solar standing or ceiling fan 15(watts), cfl or led bulbs (10-20 watts) , solar freezer ( last I saw was 250k), solar iron 6.5k,radio (around 15 watts). Even ,I'd advise you to use a smaller laptop or tablet( less than 40 watts). Don't be deceived by anybody telling you otherwise because they want to sell their products. Unless you are buoyant enough ,I'd advise a separate wiring for for your inverter to inverter powered devices in your place. Don't buy car or trailer battery ,they can't last you more than 3-4 months on heavy cycle use. I also started small with a single battery ,but minimal power loading 2013. Also, check "solar as a complement to FTA on nairaland". Now back to your question, how long to charge a 200ah,12v battery, it all depends on the charger you're using and to which voltage you last consumed your battery. Try not to consume your battery below 12.4 volts often for longevity of battery life.For a 20 amp charger , to charge from like say 12.2 v to 13.1 or so volts should safely be 12 to 14or 15 hours for a good battery. Check those guys I mentioned on nairaland and ask questions there. Goodluck!
Re: How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity by inas911(m): 3:29pm On May 26, 2019
spidermans:
To be honest with you, you can't use a 280 watts load on a single 200ah ,12v battery for long ,that battery will quickly RIP. Being on solar and inverter system for longevity of battery life would mean : a so
at TV ( 15-20 watt) ,solar standing or ceiling fan 15(watts), cfl or led bulbs (10-20 watts) , solar freezer ( last I saw was 250k), solar iron 6.5k,radio (around 15 watts). Even ,I'd advise you to use a smaller laptop or tablet( less than 40 watts). Don't be deceived by anybody telling you otherwise because they want to sell their products. Unless you are buoyant enough ,I'd advise a separate wiring for for your inverter to inverter powered devices in your place. Don't buy car or trailer battery ,they can't last you more than 3-4 months on heavy cycle use. I also started small with a single battery ,but minimal power loading 2013. Also, check "solar as a complement to FTA on nairaland". Now back to your question, how long to charge a 200ah,12v battery, it all depends on the charger you're using and to which voltage you last consumed your battery. Try not to consume your battery below 12.4 volts often for longevity of battery life.For a 20 amp charger , to charge from like say 12.2 v to 13.1 or so volts should safely be 12 to 14or 15 hours for a good battery. Check those guys I mentioned on nairaland and ask questions there. Goodluck!

Thanks
Re: How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity by Princedapace(m): 11:55pm On Mar 06, 2021
spidermans:

Hi bro.. So, I have a smart TV with 75W, a laptop of 65W. I will surely need a a fan but will be looking for solar fan not the ones I'm using now.

So, with these I mentioned above, I can't use 200ah battery?
Re: How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity by cpluso(m): 11:04am On May 10, 2023
With a UPS 650WATTS you can hookup an external 12V fan and a 200amps inverter battery to run the load you proposed for straight 8 hours.
I do this on a daily with the lowest budget you can think of.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. / How To Download A Complete Playlist Video On Youtube Using IDM / Where To Buy The Best Laptop In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.