Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,597 members, 7,955,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:09 PM

Meet The Indian Family With 12 Fingers And Toes (photos And Videos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meet The Indian Family With 12 Fingers And Toes (photos And Videos) (706 Views)

PHOTOS: India Baby Born With 26 Fingers And Toes / Baby Born With 26 Fingers & Toes In India, Hailed As Reincarnation Of Hindu Idol / The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Indian Family With 12 Fingers And Toes (photos And Videos) by H8ta(m): 11:24am On Sep 25, 2017
Polydactyly is the phenomenon where babies are born with extra fingers. However, this family from Bihar just took it to the next level! All 25 members of this family have 12 fingers and 12 toes!

Krishna Chaudhary from Gay6a was born with 12 digits like his father and grandfather. ‘My father and grandfather had 24 fingers. I along with my brothers and sister have 24 fingers and our children and grandchildren are also affected by the condition,’ he said in an interview.

For Krishna, a farm labourer, his extra fingers are not a problem. However, the women in the family are facing troubles in marriage proposals as the suitors don’t find the condition very appealing. “I’ve had boys that have refused to marry the girls of my family after learning of their condition,” says Krishna.

For Sitbiya, Krishna’s sister-in-law, the condition is a blessing. She feels it is a message from God that all the members have the same condition. However, others in the family consider it a curse. Apart from that, the family faces other problems too. For instance, in an interview, Krishna said that he or anyone in his family couldn’t wear shoes. ‘They don’t fit us well so we have no option but to wear these (slippers) and we can’t afford to customized shoes,” he added. Krishna Chaudhary’s one of a kind family with combined digits 0f 600 is probably the only one in the world to have as many fingers and toes!

According to Dr Ayush Gupa, Professor at D.Y. Patil Medical College, Pune, Polydactyly is a genetic disorder. The extra digits do not cause any harm and can be removed. But the surgery can prove to be very expensive.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Source http://g00gle.com.ng/meet-indian-family-12-fingers-toes/

1 Like

Re: Meet The Indian Family With 12 Fingers And Toes (photos And Videos) by H8ta(m): 11:27am On Sep 25, 2017
The family

Re: Meet The Indian Family With 12 Fingers And Toes (photos And Videos) by H8ta(m): 11:29am On Sep 25, 2017
Bihar

Re: Meet The Indian Family With 12 Fingers And Toes (photos And Videos) by paiz: 11:37am On Sep 25, 2017
Ashie gba kwa aru
Re: Meet The Indian Family With 12 Fingers And Toes (photos And Videos) by H8ta(m): 6:44am On Sep 26, 2017
Re: Meet The Indian Family With 12 Fingers And Toes (photos And Videos) by Donniefred(m): 6:46am On Sep 26, 2017
Na wa o shocked

(1) (Reply)

Here Are 15 Amazing Reasons Why You Should Drink Moringa Tea Every Day / Please Consume More Sugar, The Intake In Nigeria Is Still Very Low- Expert Warns / National Blackout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.