Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,072 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Symptoms Of Guilt - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Symptoms Of Guilt (267 Views)

I Am Full Of Guilt And Regret For Neglecting The History Of My Tribe / The European Court Of Human Rights Accepts Georgia’s Admission Of Guilt / How Do I Overcome The Guilt Of Fornication ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Symptoms Of Guilt by phlopholly: 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
Cleanse me from this guilt. Let me be pure again.
—Psalm 51:2 (TLB)

Guilt is a prominent word among psychoanalysts, psychiatrists, and ministers too. The dictionary calls guilt “the act or state of having done a wrong or committed an offense.” The symptoms of guilt are many, but the root cause is one.

We have broken the moral law of the universe as expressed in the Ten Commandments and the Sermon on the Mount. So we have a sense of guilt.

This guilt causes a variety of psychological problems such as insecurity, tension, hunger for approval, struggles for recognition. A sense of guilt, some psychiatrists point out, is as necessary as a sense of pain. We need both in order to keep us from getting hurt.

Prayer for the day
Your Holy Spirit touches my heart and makes me conscious of my guilt. Forgive me, Lord.
Re: Symptoms Of Guilt by Samsimple(m): 1:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
Op u are guilty of posting trash

(1) (Reply)

Is The Christian Worldview Logical? / PREMARITAL & MARITAL Unfaithfulness.....please Read This! / God Gives Grace To The Humble (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.