Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business (7434 Views)

3 Keys For Expanding Your Business / 6 Tips For Expanding Your Business — Regardless Of The Economy / 7 Most Important Things To Consider Before Choosing A Business Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by Opinionated: 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2017
Entrepreneurs are decision-makers. They take decisions on the path or direction to drive their business. One of such decisions they have to take is when to expand their enterprise. Whether you get it right or wrong, your conclusions will have a groundbreaking impact on your business. Obviously, you do not want to get such a key decision wrong and join the approximately 70% to 80% of startups that fail within 5 years in Africa. As such, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares the things you have to consider before expanding your business.

A clear strategy

The strategy is laying a clear roadmap ahead for the company to achieve its vision and mission. Without this, your expansion may be a totally foolhardy risk.

Stability of your financial report

You should look to the data contained in your financial reports to determine the viability of an expansion at the current moment. The reports should show increasing profits, a firm handle on salary payment and good control over purchasing expenses.

Relationship with customers

The truth is most companies in their early days do everything to keep their customers happy, and during their expansion phase, they fall apart in terms of customer service. Take this opportunity to build a rapport with your target group to win them over to your side. This is essential if the relationship is strained. If you cannot keep your customers happy, you really have no business expanding because there will be endless complaints which will not only ruin the reputation of your business but can also lead to business failure when you start losing them.

Effectiveness of your workforce

A business depends on a well-trained, effective workforce to handle day-to-day activities. If you can rely on your staff to do their work tasks in an efficient manner, no matter what conditions throw at them, you are ready to utilize this essential resource to expand your business.

Funding

Funding is perhaps the most important. Without capital, the business expansion will be near impossible. One trending way to get funds is through venture capitalists or serial investors who are willing and ready to invest in viable businesses. Don’t hesitate to take advantage of them by pitching to them. If your pitch is endorsed, they will pump money into your business and you can then expand.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-things-consider-expanding-business/

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by surgecom(m): 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ok.
Nice write-up but you forgot to add "Move with latest technology". Be it digital marketing or the likes. Technology plays some vital roles in business expansion.
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by emmpire: 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
Nice
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by Jh0wsef(m): 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
6. Consider if PMB is still the president or not.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by generalbush(m): 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
Your posts always lack depth!!

D you even have subscribers? You must have been feeding them with Trash Articles!!

Try and improve and dish out great contents!!

This post is mediocre angry!! A topic like this should be well analyzed, structured and written to give information to those that needs it.

All you wrote here is just like a lil boy writing an essay about his best food!
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by jericco1(m): 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
Yea that's right, there should be balance.
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by oviejnr(m): 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
6: Recession and restructuring grin
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by Yourskills(m): 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
nice info
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by hahn(m): 3:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
generalbush:

D you even have subscribers? You must have been feeding them with Trash Articles!!

This post is mediocre angry!! A topic like this should be well analyzed, structured and written to give information to those that needs it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by Chimex30(m): 3:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
Nawa oo. Easy guy
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by Chimex30(m): 3:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
generalbush:

Nawa oo. Easy guy. The little he wrote will still be useful for other people.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by generalbush(m): 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
Chimex30:
Nawa oo. Easy guy. The little he wrote will still be useful for other people.

A topic like this shouldn't be less than 1k words. But his article up there isn't even up to 300 words.

I am not angry per say, just pissed. What is the need of writing something half baked?
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by buynaijagoods: 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
generalbush:

A topic like this shouldn't be less than 1k words. But his article up there isn't even up to 300 words.

I am not angry per say, just pissed. What is the need of writing something half baked?
You are making a point but people will still gain something.
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by generalbush(m): 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
buynaijagoods:

You are making a point but people will still gain something.

Personally I clicked on the topic because it interested me, but was disappointed. Hence my outburst.

Maybe I took it too personal or I should no longer believe in Made in Nigeria write-ups.
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by joystickextendr: 4:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by Chuksemi(m): 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
This doesn't give any value. What is new here?
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by silasweb(m): 5:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
Thanks for the tips
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by BYEI(m): 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2017
I'm expanding my business next year, insha Allah... Thanks for the tip
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by MorningDew2017(f): 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
op you try jare.

check my signature #
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ok, will sharply apply them.
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by buynaijagoods: 12:53am On Sep 27, 2017
generalbush:

Personally I clicked on the topic because it interested me, but was disappointed. Hence my outburst.

Maybe I took it too personal or I should no longer believe in Made in Nigeria write-ups.

You have all right to make your feelings known, but you must continue to support made in Nigeria.
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by Kobicove(m): 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
generalbush:

Quality over quantity

You don't have to write an epistle before your article makes sense! angry
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Expanding Your Business by generalbush(m): 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
Kobicove:

Quality over quantity

You don't have to write an epistle before your article makes sense! angry

You are not an Information marketer nor a content creator,... so I won't engage you.

Bye.

(1) (Reply)

Cote D’ivoire, Senegal, Others Beat Nigeria On Global Trade Logistics Index / I Need A Feasibility Study For A Small Bakery / Verified American Paypal Accounts For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.