Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,507 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? (10300 Views)

Meet Pearlena Igbokwe Who Was Appointed Chairman Of Universal Studio Group In US / Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account / Meet The Newly Appointed Chairman Of A Central Cemetery In Delta State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by adenl: 3:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by Celcius: 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2017
No. They are mostly attended to on self-recognition.

8 Likes

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by adenl: 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
Wow. Great answer. Thanks for sharing. Permission to use on my portal?
Celcius:
No. They are mostly attended to on self-recognition.
Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by Mynd44: 6:59am On Sep 27, 2017
Chairman as in chairman of board of Directors does not even work there so why an ID card? But MD, GM or a chairman that works there, the person should have an ID card that is signed by the HR department because he/she is a staff and earns a salary (even if you own the company)

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by JoshMedia: 7:00am On Sep 27, 2017
Once a Company is established and Registered, it becomes a firm and not just you and for you, therefore you will need an ID card inorder to identify who to you are.
Who rifles it?
The company did and not him, he is representing a particular organisation established by him mentained by the board, therefore he will need an ID card issued by it.

6 Likes

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by MustiizRaja(m): 7:01am On Sep 27, 2017
they have but dey don't use it at all most time u dnt even see them coming to the office just one in an epical moment

1 Like

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by HermesParis: 7:02am On Sep 27, 2017
k
Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by Finstar: 7:02am On Sep 27, 2017
They might have, but don't expect them to use it since they don't work as a staff..

Check my signature wink
Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by StreetSoldier(m): 7:03am On Sep 27, 2017
The chairman SHOULD have an ID card also.
In a highly restricted company that has a lot of security protocols , he needs it to navigate all the departments if the company is a large one.
Except he walks around with a bodyguard carrying a siren.

3 Likes

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by brunofarad(m): 7:05am On Sep 27, 2017
No need

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by psalmson001: 7:06am On Sep 27, 2017
Mynd44:
Chairman as in chairman of board of Directors does not even work there so why an ID card? But MD, GM or a chairman that works there, the person should have an ID card that is signed by the HR department because he/she is a staff and earns a salary (even if you own the company)

#SHIKENAH
Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by Roon9(m): 7:06am On Sep 27, 2017
He should have, especially in a very sensitive organisation with automated security protocols

1 Like

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by cooldude62(m): 7:07am On Sep 27, 2017
Yes, he should have an Id, everybody does.
Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by OBAGADAFFI: 7:08am On Sep 27, 2017
The Chairman is not in a management position, neither is he and employee.

He is not required to use I'D card.

3 Likes

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by Iko5000: 7:08am On Sep 27, 2017
No as he or she is not a staff. He or she will need a visitor pass in the company . All staff must have an ID even if your an MD . Unless your talking about small scale companies which does not really apply .
adenl:
Any answers will be deeply appreciated..

Source:
http://answermethis.xyz/?qa=811/does-the-chairman-of-a-company-have-an-id-card-who-ratifies-it

2 Likes

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by Iko5000: 7:09am On Sep 27, 2017
if the Chairman is not a staff then he gets a visitor pass.
StreetSoldier:
The chairman SHOULD have an ID card also.
In a highly restricted company that has a lot of security protocols , he needs it to navigate all the departments if the company is a large one.
Except he walks around with a bodyguard carrying a siren.
Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by engrsyer(m): 7:11am On Sep 27, 2017
Like me, I am the ID card so why should I have an ID card? I may only have my company's ID card because I need to not because it is mandatory or compulsory for me to have it.
Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by gabicon: 7:11am On Sep 27, 2017
you are viewing this situation from the lenses of a chairman being a God in an organisation. But the truth is that organisations are institutions of business and therefor greater than every individual in it. so therefor individuals identify with organisations not the other way around, if this is tenable, an organisation can issue out ID to all its value creating individual including its chairman.

7 Likes

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by Macfish1977: 7:27am On Sep 27, 2017
the board members
Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by Jarus(m): 7:34am On Sep 27, 2017
Chairman is in most cases non-executive position and not likely someone that needs to come to the office on daily or even weekly basis.

I want to guess that he doesn't need ID card. If he needs, I would think any other member of the Board, especially the CEO, should do the signing - if ever necessary, which I don't think it is.

1 Like

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by ZACHIE: 7:39am On Sep 27, 2017
Yes.
And stop seeing the Chairman as a super Executive somewhere distant.
These are the days of small and sharp businesses.
As a business starter, you are the Chairman and Cleaner before you grow.
You need an IdCard that legitimizes your operations in the eyes of the world.
If you doubt me, fall into the hands of the POLICE.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by Agbaletu: 7:40am On Sep 27, 2017
Jarus:
Chairman is in most cases non-executive position and not likely someone that needs to come to the office on daily or even weekly basis.

I want to guess that he doesn't need ID card. If he needs, I would think any other member of the Board, especially the CEO, should do the signing - if ever necessary, which I don't think it is.
You are completely right. My chairman only got an ID card when he was visiting Nigeria and the ID card was signed by the CEO only for that trip.

1 Like

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by aminho(m): 7:48am On Sep 27, 2017
well for your info even some governors have and use id in nigeria
Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by dayold: 7:54am On Sep 27, 2017
ZACHIE:
Yes.
And stop seeing the Chairman as a super Executive somewhere distant.
These are the days of small and sharp businesses.
As a business starter, you are the Chairman and Cleaner before you grow.
You need an IdCard that legitimizes your operations in the eyes of the world.
If you doubt me, fall into the hands of the POLICE.
I think the ID should be signed by himself being the chairman and CEO of the company. just like you have said, the Police will not hear that you are a CEO they will want an evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 27, 2017
There is a difference between Chairman, board of directors and MD/CEO. Sometime, the chairman may double as the MD but not in a well structured organisation. Most MD/CEOs have ID card. They are "employees" of the company too.

1 Like

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by Endybest2424(m): 8:01am On Sep 27, 2017
Asking if d President or d Governor have ID card
Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by sirfemoz(m): 8:03am On Sep 27, 2017
For those saying the need ID. Companies like Globacom or Dangote, do they need ID card?
Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by potent5(m): 8:18am On Sep 27, 2017
The Chairman is not a staff of the company and shouldn't have an ID. ID cards are for staff and or employees. The Chairman is the EMPLOYER!
Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by sucess001(m): 8:22am On Sep 27, 2017
The Chairman should have an I'd card stating that he is the chairman. Its important especially in organisations where the I'd card also doubles as access card. As per ratification....no one needs to ratify. The company secretary can facilitate it. Besides the general board can ratify if need be since the general board is higher than the chairman.
Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 27, 2017
sirfemoz:
For those saying the need ID. Companies like Globacom or Dangote, do they need ID card?

how do you know that, they dont have one?

1 Like

Re: Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 27, 2017
engrsyer:
Like me, I am the ID card so why should I have an ID card? I may only have my company's ID card because I need to not because it is mandatory or compulsory for me to have it.

PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD INTERPRET biko

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Taraba Teachers Pray Over Unpaid Salaries (Photos) / Does H.N.D + PGD Equals Bsc / Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.