Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,011 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (20814 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / Never Trust A Mechanic, My Experience With A Close One / I Want To Be A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by seguntijan(m): 11:44am On Sep 27, 2017
Let me reveal part of why I'm supporting Biafra.
No hatred please.
A bit long but beneficial for your vigilance. I'll summarize.
Apart from the genuine reason that self determination is a welcome idea to me and that the whimsically forced union of the independent regions was without consultation with the local potentates, I have other (maybe personal) reason I seriously believe we should allow Igbo's to go.
Let's not force it, it's just not working please.
I'd begin with what I saw some months ago at Ladipo car-parts market.
I took my Toyota Sienna for service and my mechanical engineer decided we should go to Ladipo market to buy the necessary parts.
I agreed.
When we entered the market, I saw many things. These boys are the ones making most of these things with inferior materials by themselves. Infarct, they also took dead parts, muffled some things inside with fake chemicals, spray them paints and voila, they package it as new ones again.
Another time, I took a Volkswagen Golf 3 I just bought for sake of doing only short distance wakawaka, to the same Ladipo market to buy "catalyst" as my engineer called it.
The prices ranged from 8k to 25k for that model of car.
I went for the unit sold at 18k because I felt that would be close to the better and match effectively as average.
After buying and a panel beater was still helping to fix it, I went back there to find a local canteen I had seen around selling Fufu and Eba. The canteen has pieces of net used as demarcation to form of walls which allow for breeze and also enables see-through.
I saw through, another shocking revelation of how these boys were slicing up empty pots, loading copper materials inside and packing the both ends in the pots with tiny sheet of the catalyst. Then they seal it up. What this means is that 80% of the content is the copper material, but if you look from both ends of the sealed pot, you'll see catalyst!
When I challenged one of them about the daylight fraud, he said, unconvincingly; "if we call big price for una to buy full catalyst, you go fit pay?". I nagged, wailed, wailed and wailed but I was almost becoming nuisance. They were all the same doing it in the market and gave me a dismissive shrug; the kind that street boys call "kò Kan ayé".
I later returned for some discreet recording of their fraudulent operations, but the gadget containing that piece of footage and other works was later stolen (another story). But that's not where I'm going.
Tonight, I escaped untimely and avoidable deat by chance/grace/luck -whatever!
I just picked my small Benz CLK from a mechanic shop. I had complained about a sudden strange noise at the front absorbers. After he examined it, he recommended changing the tie rods, ball joints, linkage and some other parts in that system. He told me about a complete pack that contains everything along the steering line as against buying the identified units in pieces.
I preferred the complete pack.
He told me about new one versus tòkunbò.
I preferred the new one.
I did because he told me the new one is original and has not been used, even though it's more expensive.
That was 2 days ago.
I picked the car this afternoon.
I had only driven to Berger from Akoka and was returning, the new complete pack rod broke while I just turned the steering to enter the road from a side I had pulled up. No motion yet; I wasn't speeding and had not entered any craters on the road. Nothing at all that could have triggered a fracture.
I quickly called the mechanic to come and "see the life outside" of the new thing he purchased for me.
When he arrived and saw it, he opened his mouth wide agape.
He examined the rod properly again and confirmed it could only be Aba-made.
I actually saw when he first brought the complete unit before installing. It was packed in a shiny transparent nylon just like the original. He confirmed it's the usual way the product is packed by the maker, but this particular unit, examined after the incident, is an imitation put in the same pack.
He called the seller he bought from immediately. Guess what the seller said; "that means e don enter pothole with the thing! Let him go to church tomorrow and do testimony".
Even if I entered pothole, the old one that was only giving a mildly strange sound NEVER fractured or broke off completely as this supposed new one that hasn't done 150 kilometers
I don't know how many victims they must have killed by selling their Aba made imitations. And those that narrowly escaped must have been "doing testimony" in churches over avoidable or unwarranted crises such as this one.
Please let's all come out and support them to go to their own way. Then, we shut our borders against imitations and fake products. These things should be limited to Aba, Onitcha, Owerri, etc. I also learned they make imitations of the red wines claimed to have been imported. Same way, people must have been consuming fake drugs and dying slowly or quickly.
Enough is enough please, you guys should koman be going to your Biafra land.
We're not doing again, please.
PS: I have great Igbo friends, but this doesn't justify for the acts of the non-challant, fatally fraudulent, kidnapping rogues who care less about lives of others for sake of "making (blood) money.
Segun O'Law.

1 Like

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by konstantin(m): 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
Rockyrocky:
When someone says they are "christians" before a business deal please run faster than your shadow, when someone said they are a pastors, please flea from them and thank me later.

Brother may God bless u for this comment. Before I knew better, these people that always swear with their live or call God's name anyhow or say they are pastors dealt with me.
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by GEEGLOBAL: 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
1. That is what you get when you're not living with a man,
Your husband is the one who is supposed to get your car repaired.
2. You re sharing from a group CARMA of your boss (Dokpesi).
When he collected #20b from GEJ for advertisement and propaganda.
So woman, dont complain.
The guy collected his share. What goes round comes round. Lesson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by Fiwayemi(m): 5:02pm On Sep 27, 2017
Change begins with me
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by BALLOSKI: 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
Yeligray:
But you shouldn't have passed judgement on him the Bible says do not judge.
nonsense!
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by BALLOSKI: 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2017

years having realised we share the same faith. He is so passionate about God.

This is where her stupidity started. People appear Godly just to cheat and gullible ones like Lara would fall easily.
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by swagguElite(m): 6:48pm On Sep 27, 2017
Benz4pimp:
Mechanics!!!some shady ones are very hungry and pretend to be so nice!!!Took my evil spirit to dis guy,told me my fuel pump is bad!!!Paid 18k,came back later in the day and my car was still having same problem!!!Agreed!!!oya give me the former fuel pump,he told me he forgot it at ladipo!!!i smiled and left.....summary...He spent 4 days behind bars...
yu my frnd
...ar one crazy fella! grin
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by erico2k2(m): 11:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
kenny5811:
i'm shocked u arent puttin d blame on Buhari.... guess he was ryt wen he said change begins wit me.... i no fit leave my shoes for shoemaker talk more of my car.... i fear dis hand work people... terrible squad.
Wen I talk last time say I go stand by my car anyday anytime with mechanic, some people say if nah dem the bonnet go close dem no go work.Mechanic guys shaa, hence the vast majority of them do not upgrade cos its not honest money.The very few who are true to thier worth excel!
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by erico2k2(m): 11:25pm On Sep 27, 2017
GEEGLOBAL:
1. That is what you get when you're not living with a man,
Your husband is the one who is supposed to get your car repaired.
2. You re sharing from a group CARMA of your boss (Dokpesi).
When he collected #20b from GEJ for advertisement and propaganda.
So woman, dont complain.
The guy collected his share. What goes round comes round. Lesson.
Mechanics dupe men far more than women if you must know
Source=More men take cars to mechanic than women will do.
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:22am On Sep 28, 2017
Mechanics, wen I came across this thread I just said in my mind, this is for me. if I begin to narrate my ordeal here it will be longer than the Biafra textbook someone posted above me.

bottomline, if u have a car mech must chop u; emphasis is on MUST. it's a principle, allow yourself to be eaten, don't force it else your car might become lemon in a couple of days. remember it's a passing phase and wen u r done being eaten u will come out stronger, wiser and most importantly a DIY person. at this phase, most Mechanics won't want to touch ur car, cos u have become bad market only the person who has eaten u the most will be helpful, resourceful and less demanding cos u have paid ur dues

1 Like

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by BennyMaiNasara(m): 2:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
most of them are just uneducated crooks trynna play 'wayo'. for goodness sake instead of trying to advance they will just sit and be scheming how to cheat a customer while the automobile industries are far ahead. relying on knowledge of 1980 to fix a vehicle of 2015... you can only imagine such trial and error. one told me he fixed some special nuts and each caused a thousand naira so I asked for receipts and he started doing somehow
AutoReportNG:
Call her a blunt person, you won't be wrong, AIT presenter, Lara Owoeye Wise is not taking it funny as she called her mechanic saying he won't make heaven... Read her post below..

He is not my mechanic. My mechanic of over four years is far from my house. This guy is just a walking distance away from my house. We see everyday as I drive out and in. We got acquainted over the years having realised we share the same faith. He is so passionate about God. I would sometimes stop by to gist.

We would talk politics, faith and life in general. He fixed very minor problems on the car ranging from replacing lose screws to greasing tight knots. Minor stuff. Tor... Two weeks ago he told me my 'silencer' was leaking and driving the car like that would cost me too much fuel.

He went under the car, told me it was completely condemned. He brought it out, and, yes, it was. I had worked on it severally. We had to buy a new one. He told me how much. We haggled. I paid. Left the car with him. Hoped in a taxi to do my runs. He returned the car at night. Following morning, I started the car, it sounded like an aircraft. So noisy. I called him. He said he wasn't coming to the shop that day as he had an outside job. I left the car. Picked a cab. Did my runs. I drove the car to him again the following day.

Dropped it there and went to work. I picked my car on my way back and as far as I was concerned, it was okay. When I asked why the initial noise, he told me some screws were not firmly tightened. He then said he realised that the 'silencer' he fixed on my car was too weak for my six-cylinder engine so he had to get a higher grade which cost him three thousand naira extra... Ok.

On Saturday , I drove to my main mechanic to discuss some pending issues and as soon as I drove in, he told me my 'silencer' was leaking. I shot him a terrible glance of " you must be out of your mind. My 'silencer' is brand new". He got under the car and screamed. "Madam, did you say this 'silencer is new?" to which I replied in the affirmative. He took pictures from underneath the car and showed me on his phone. I felt my breakfast fighting its way up from my stomach to my throat.

I called my 'brother' and handed the phone to my mechanic and he got a tongue lash from him for being so dubious.
My 'brother' then told me to bring it back on Monday since it was a Saturday and he had just been bereaved.
Monday morning. I went to his shop and all I asked was for us yo drive to where he purchased my 'silencer'. I was no longer the sweet madam he was used to. I opened the passenger side door and insisted he must hop into the car.
Then his countenance changed.

He went flat on the floor begging in the name of God.
I asked him to bring out the 'silencer'.
Ladies and gentlemen, look at the pictures.
Old, worn-out 'silencer'.

He confessed that he got an old 'silencer' and refurbished it for me. He said he bought some iron sheets and wrapped the old 'silencer' from inside. He begged and begged. I was hamstrung.

Conclusion.
I should give him till next weekend to get me what I paid for.
I was sad and I still am.
What we do to ourselves in terms of harm and wickedness is grave and so unimaginable.

Credit: Lara Wise

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/09/some-mechanics-cannot-make-heaven-read.html

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by mycarserviceadv: 3:32pm On Jun 09, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Call her a blunt person, you won't be wrong, AIT presenter, Lara Owoeye Wise is not taking it funny as she called her mechanic saying he won't make heaven... Read her post below..

He is not my mechanic. My mechanic of over four years is far from my house. This guy is just a walking distance away from my house. We see everyday as I drive out and in. We got acquainted over the years having realised we share the same faith. He is so passionate about God. I would sometimes stop by to gist.

We would talk politics, faith and life in general. He fixed very minor problems on the car ranging from replacing lose screws to greasing tight knots. Minor stuff. Tor... Two weeks ago he told me my 'silencer' was leaking and driving the car like that would cost me too much fuel.

He went under the car, told me it was completely condemned. He brought it out, and, yes, it was. I had worked on it severally. We had to buy a new one. He told me how much. We haggled. I paid. Left the car with him. Hoped in a taxi to do my runs. He returned the car at night. Following morning, I started the car, it sounded like an aircraft. So noisy. I called him. He said he wasn't coming to the shop that day as he had an outside job. I left the car. Picked a cab. Did my runs. I drove the car to him again the following day.

Dropped it there and went to work. I picked my car on my way back and as far as I was concerned, it was okay. When I asked why the initial noise, he told me some screws were not firmly tightened. He then said he realised that the 'silencer' he fixed on my car was too weak for my six-cylinder engine so he had to get a higher grade which cost him three thousand naira extra... Ok.

On Saturday , I drove to my main mechanic to discuss some pending issues and as soon as I drove in, he told me my 'silencer' was leaking. I shot him a terrible glance of " you must be out of your mind. My 'silencer' is brand new". He got under the car and screamed. "Madam, did you say this 'silencer is new?" to which I replied in the affirmative. He took pictures from underneath the car and showed me on his phone. I felt my breakfast fighting its way up from my stomach to my throat.

I called my 'brother' and handed the phone to my mechanic and he got a tongue lash from him for being so dubious.
My 'brother' then told me to bring it back on Monday since it was a Saturday and he had just been bereaved.
Monday morning. I went to his shop and all I asked was for us yo drive to where he purchased my 'silencer'. I was no longer the sweet madam he was used to. I opened the passenger side door and insisted he must hop into the car.
Then his countenance changed.

He went flat on the floor begging in the name of God.
I asked him to bring out the 'silencer'.
Ladies and gentlemen, look at the pictures.
Old, worn-out 'silencer'.

He confessed that he got an old 'silencer' and refurbished it for me. He said he bought some iron sheets and wrapped the old 'silencer' from inside. He begged and begged. I was hamstrung.

Conclusion.
I should give him till next weekend to get me what I paid for.
I was sad and I still am.
What we do to ourselves in terms of harm and wickedness is grave and so unimaginable.

Credit: Lara Wise

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/09/some-mechanics-cannot-make-heaven-read.html

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

It's quite unfortunate that some of our Mechanics or Tradesmen are treating their customers like that. But, if you have been ripped off before, it means you have been doing it all alone.
There is a company that just emerged now with the responsibility of connecting car owners with the right, tested and trusted repair Garages or professionals for repairs of cars.
The company is MyCarServiceAdvisor.com, a subsidiary of Parklight Technologies.
We don’t just connect, we serve as intermediary between Car Owners and our trusted repair Garages by offering Technical advise that would ensure fair deal among both party.
Our belief is that, fixing your car should be easy and affordable, but must be handled by using professional skills and care that would ensure your safety and your car durability. That is why we carefully selected Garages equipped with Standard tools/ equipment, secured environment, and well trained Technicians that will never rip you off.
As a car Owner, you just tell us your car repairs’ need, leave the rest to us and go about your daily business. That’s repairs made easy!
We will monitor the repairs on your behave and ensure you drive home a safe and sound car at reasonable price.
Please log on to www.mycarserviceadvisor.com or contact us by mail - operations@mycarserviceadvisor.com, or call 07082733152, 08037159834
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dozens Of BMWs Have Burst Into Flames Long After Owners Say They Turned Them Off / Nigeria Signs MOU With Volkswagen For Manufacturing Of Vehicles In The Country / Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.