Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans (2046 Views)

Terry Waya Plans A Big Wedding For Kiddwaya And Erica / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv / TSTV Launches In Nigeria: Channels, Packages, Subscription & Decoder Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by STFUandSUCK: 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
so TSTV is offering 10gb for 1 month at the rate of 3k. sounds amazing on the surface, but we've learnt to take anything we are told by big companies with a pinch of salt so i for one has to do a little digging so as to avoid grown man tears grin . Ok, to the calculation: i'll be using netflix data consumption for their lowest resolution/definition broadcast, which as you can see below is 310mb for 1h. our aim is to determine the number of hours you can enjoy your 10gb allocation whilst streaming that resolution. To get that, we just divide the 10gb by the 310mb, and the answer is............33 hours, or 3 hours of tv daily for 10 days. So what do you think, does it work for you?

Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by ademasta(m): 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
Great
Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by Kingcesar: 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
You mean say nobody for your street they sale sense abi ?? cry

Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by STFUandSUCK: 8:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Kingcesar:
You mean say nobody for your street they sale sense abi ?? cry
brov cant u make your point without flinging insults, we are all students

1 Like

Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by dustmalik: 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
STFUandSUCK:
so TSTV is offering 10gb for 1 month at the rate of 3k. sounds amazing on the surface, but we've learnt to take anything we are told by big companies with a pinch of salt so i for one has to do a little digging so as to avoid grown man tears grin . Ok, to the calculation: i'll be using netflix data consumption for their lowest resolution/definition broadcast, which as you can see below is 310mb for 1h. our aim is to determine the number of hours you can enjoy your 10gb allocation whilst streaming that resolution. To get that, we just divide the 10gb by the 310mb, and the answer is............33 hours, or 3 hours of tv daily for 10 days. So what do you think, does it work for you?
TStv have stated that the 10gb Data is not for the purpose of viewing its channels. It's simply a bonus for other purposes such as video conferencing, wifi Hotspoting, and since the decoder supports iptv, you could use it to stream the additional contents.

3 Likes

Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by whatmoreng: 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2017
Op you are trying to form smart but you only ended up displaying your dull.ness to the world. Simple research would have shown you that that ur 10GB(which Tstv say its going to be 20GB) is for use for video conferencing and browsing and not for viewing TV programs.

2 Likes

Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by urvillagepeoplee(m): 11:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
All these university educated illiterates who knows nothing than forming I too know,if its to insult poly students, their mouths would be wide like DSC roundabout. ordinary information that has gone viral,this one came to nl to form economist for service not yet launched. I'm sure you are the first person to graduate in your community,that is if its not your community that is sponsoring your education.
Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by verygudbadguy(m): 11:26pm On Sep 26, 2017
Calm down guys... We don't need to kill the OP for a mere oversight. I understand that ignorance or negligence is no defence but please, spare him.

It can happen to anybody. He is only being proactive because we have fallen maga way too much for this Naija. From Airtel to MTN to Nigerian govt to fraudsters. Every angle you look to, one mugu has been magaED.

3 Likes

Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by whatmoreng: 5:39am On Sep 27, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
All these university educated illiterates who knows nothing than forming I too know,if its to insult poly students, their mouths would be wide like DSC roundabout. ordinary information that has gone viral,this one came to nl to form economist for service not yet launched. I'm sure you are the first person to graduate in your community,that is if its not your community that is sponsoring your education.
Lol. You be Warri guy?
Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by STFUandSUCK: 7:08am On Sep 27, 2017
dustmalik:

TStv have stated that the 10gb Data is not for the purpose of viewing its channels. It's simply a bonus for other purposes such as video conferencing, wifi Hotspoting, and since the decoder supports iptv, you could use it to stream the additional contents.
so they are pay as u use, right? So how many mb did they allocate for channel veiwing? So in ur gullible mind u think some company will offer you 10gb of data + unlimited cable all for 3k. Wake up from fairyland.
Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by STFUandSUCK: 7:10am On Sep 27, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
. Brov e go beta, trust God
Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by STFUandSUCK: 7:13am On Sep 27, 2017
whatmoreng:
Op you are trying to form smart but you only ended up displaying your dull.ness to the world. Simple research would have shown you that that ur 10GB(which Tstv say its going to be 20GB) is for use for video conferencing and browsing and not for viewing TV programs.
oga the the 20gb is a promo bonus. But if I may ask, which did they allocate for tv as a pay as u use?
Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by urvillagepeoplee(m): 7:20am On Sep 27, 2017
whatmoreng:
Lol. You be Warri guy?
wafi to d core,area!
Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by whatmoreng: 2:17pm On Sep 27, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
wafi to d core,area!
Area! I hail you brother.
Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by lastbaff(m): 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2017
Hey guys, check out this organized and well-detailed article on TStv:

TStv Nigeria: Decoder, Price, Subscription, & Channels List
Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by whatmoreng: 7:17pm On Sep 27, 2017
STFUandSUCK:
oga the the 20gb is a promo bonus. But if I may ask, which did they allocate for tv as a pay as u use?
Guy forget all these long talk. If you don't want to do Tstv then chill. For me I don port from DSTV.
Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by Lamiri(m): 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2017
STFUandSUCK:
The is a value added service , it comes with the subscription and can be used as wifi, the data is not for the subscription
Re: My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans by peeps4u: 7:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
I thin OP deserves every abuse he gets here, even after being corrected, he is still being arrogant.

TSTV claims the data is value added service and not for channels veiwing, even if you exhaust your data today, it doesn't stop your from viewing your channels till the expiration of your subscription. Your 3k is your subscription to view channels, it transmits based on DTH, the data is given as bonus.

Maybe OP doesn't know some decoders can be used to browse without such decoders using data to view channels.

Guess OP is alien to new development.

(1) (Reply)

I Created A Whatsapp Group For Gamers And Anime Fans / New Station Showing On Bein Sport Channel On TSTV / Barbie Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.