Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Today's Testimony! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today's Testimony! (1039 Views)

Delivered From 20-Year Drug Addiction: Grace Testimony From United States / Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week / A TRIP TO Hell-testimony Of Pastor Philip Mantofa (2) (3) (4)

Today's Testimony! by bennyann: 6:54am On Sep 27, 2017
Hmmm! Where do I start from? Could have testified yesterday but for something beyond my control yesterday. I was also contemplating if I should share it here and I decided to So as to keep the record.

Yesterday, on my way to work, I decided to take one of those red buses, former brt buses. The journey was smooth until I arrived my destination. This time I had to exit though the backdoor which is very rare for me. But we were told to alight, meanwhile the bus was still moving. A huge man went ahead of me, I saw him stumbled but couldn't tell if he fell because it was my turn to alight.

When it got to my turn, I'm sure because of how "ajebutter" I look to people, the men at the back were telling the driver to slowdown, they were even mimicking me when I was shouting "owa o“. I relented for a while to come down until I realised the bus is just about moving past my destination then I made up my mind to come down. Just as I was stepping down, I heard the "backbenchers" shouting again don't come down now but it was too late then. I had already stepped down and I just remembered myself stumbling.

This is the climax to me, it is the strangest experience that I still keep playing it back so I could understand better and remember vividly but to no avail.

Within a short moment, should I say few seconds While I was stumbling, I saw a man rush in a hurry towards me so as to save me. He came towards me in a flight so to describe, as though he knew before hand something like that was about happening. He just held on to me, and there was this force so great I sensed, I do not know if it was a force from my end or his but it made us fall to the ground and slipped, then tumbled. I could tell his person would be hurt because while we were falling and slipping and tumbling or about tumbling, he didn't care for himself but held me in the most uncomfortable way for him so as to prevent me from hurting. The next thing I remember vividly was while I was about falling facewards to the ground, he made sure I fell on him and put his palm on my chest as if trying to prevent me from hitting my face on the ground and hurting my face on his head or body. I could just tell that whatever he did was for my own protection at the expense of his. I couldn't tell if the bus stopped eventually but I could tell the passengers were looking and screaming.

Immediately it was noted I was saved, just after the man stopped me hitting my face, he just safely put me aside and I saw him ran towards the direction of the bus but didn't see him entering. It all happened in a flash that I couldn't tell where he came from and where he went to. I couldn't see his face too but I can remember I saw a part of his forehead but that's all I can remember about him.

I'm still wondering how a human can save somebody like that and still had the strength to run away just as soon as I gained consciousness of all that happened. I wanted to ask if he was OK, if he wasn't hurt and I wanted to say thank you but he ran away and it made me find it difficult to believe all that happened in such a short moment but I know it did.

Though my foot hurts from stepping down the bus, I could guess the possible outcomes, I mean I can give the worst possible scenario that could have happened to me. Like my knees hurting badly, my face being disfigured and the possible likes. But even my hurt foot is far better today after being extremely swollen yesterday which called for my colleagues in the office to hold me down and then massage it before it becomes a serious issue.

At first when I told my colleagues, they saw it as no issue since they believe I make a mountain out of a mole hill because they also see me as "ajebor" until thy saw me limping and then they saw my foot as it swells from time to time before they took it serious. They even teased me that I won't be able to catwalk again grin. I had to leave the office early so as to have a perfect opportunity to care for my foot so as not to let it worsen.

My dad just helped me with the use of hot water on the foot this morning before leaving for work. I have decided to take a leave from work today, though I feel quite better and nothing bad with my foot. Tomorrow by God's grace, it should be perfectly normal.

Many I told the story believe the man who came to my rescue was an angel.

I thank God for the man who rescued me at the expense of his life because where I stopped can said to be a scanty place where you don't expect anyone to be there waiting for a bus or so. I also want to thank God for the man that helped me get to the bridge because I wasn't opportuned to thank him also. May God reward them for me and above all, I give all the praise to my God and king because He knows He is the reason I am living. Thank you Jesus, may your purpose for me come to pass and bring honour and glory to your name, Amen!

Please, You're free to share your today's Testimony on this thread also.

Re: Today's Testimony! by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 27, 2017
I'm alivegrin
Re: Today's Testimony! by Ranchhoddas: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
Praaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssseeeeeeee the Loooooorrrrrdddddd...

I miss this part of Sunday service mehn.
Re: Today's Testimony! by analice107: 12:32pm On Sep 27, 2017
bennyann:
Hmmm! Where do I start from? Could have testified yesterday but for something beyond my control yesterday. I was also contemplating if I should share it here and I decided to So as to keep the record.

Yesterday, on my way to work, I decided to take one of those red buses, former brt buses. The journey was smooth until I arrived my destination. This time I had to exit though the backdoor which is very rare for me. But we were told to alight, meanwhile the bus was still moving. A huge man went ahead of me, I saw him stumbled but couldn't tell if he fell because it was my turn to alight.

When it got to my turn, I'm sure because of how "ajebutter" I look to people, the men at the back were telling the driver to slowdown, they were even mimicking me when I was shouting "owa o“. I relented for a while to come down until I realised the bus is just about moving past my destination then I made up my mind to come down. Just as I was stepping down, I heard the "backbenchers" shouting again don't come down now but it was too late then. I had already stepped down and I just remembered myself stumbling.

This is the climax to me, it is the strangest experience that I still keep playing it back so I could understand better and remember vividly but to no avail.

Within a short moment, should I say few seconds While I was stumbling, I saw a man rush in a hurry towards me so as to save me. He came towards me in a flight so to describe, as though he knew before hand something like that was about happening. He just held on to me, and there was this force so great I sensed, I do not know if it was a force from my end or his but it made us fall to the ground and slipped, then tumbled. I could tell his person would be hurt because while we were falling and slipping and tumbling or about tumbling, he didn't care for himself but held me in the most uncomfortable way for him so as to prevent me from hurting. The next thing I remember vividly was while I was about falling facewards to the ground, he made sure I fell on him and put his palm on my chest as if trying to prevent me from hitting my face on the ground and hurting my face on his head or body. I could just tell that whatever he did was for my own protection at the expense of his. I couldn't tell if the bus stopped eventually but I could tell the passengers were looking and screaming.

Immediately it was noted I was saved, just after the man stopped me hitting my face, he just safely put me aside and I saw him ran towards the direction of the bus but didn't see him entering. It all happened in a flash that I couldn't tell where he came from and where he went to. I couldn't see his face too but I can remember I saw a part of his forehead but that's all I can remember about him.

I'm still wondering how a human can save somebody like that and still had the strength to run away just as soon as I gained consciousness of all that happened. I wanted to ask if he was OK, if he wasn't hurt and I wanted to say thank you but he ran away and it made me find it difficult to believe all that happened in such a short moment but I know it did.

Though my foot hurts from stepping down the bus, I could guess the possible outcomes, I mean I can give the worst possible scenario that could have happened to me. Like my knees hurting badly, my face being disfigured and the possible likes. But even my hurt foot is far better today after being extremely swollen yesterday which called for my colleagues in the office to hold me down and then massage it before it becomes a serious issue.

At first when I told my colleagues, they saw it as no issue since they believe I make a mountain out of a mole hill because they also see me as "ajebor" until thy saw me limping and then they saw my foot as it swells from time to time before they took it serious. They even teased me that I won't be able to catwalk again grin. I had to leave the office early so as to have a perfect opportunity to care for my foot so as not to let it worsen.

My dad just helped me with the use of hot water on the foot this morning before leaving for work. I have decided to take a leave from work today, though I feel quite better and nothing bad with my foot. Tomorrow by God's grace, it should be perfectly normal.

Many I told the story believed the man who came to my rescue was an angel.

I thank God for the man who rescued me at the expense of his life because where I stopped can said to be a scanty place where you don't expect anyone to be there waiting for a bus or so. I also want to thank God for the man that helped me get to the bridge because I wasn't opportuned to thank him also. May God reward them for me and above all, I give all the praise to my God and king because He knows He is the reason I am living. Thank you Jesus, may your purpose for me come to pass and bring honour and glory to your name, Amen!

Hallelujah. May His name be praised.

Re: Today's Testimony! by bennyann: 2:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
analice107:

Hallelujah. May His name be praised.
Amen! Thanks big sis.

But sis do you also believe the one who saved me in a flash wasn't human? What do you think? He didn't even talk to me after saving me, he didn't ask if I was OK, he just ran away.
Re: Today's Testimony! by bennyann: 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Praaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssseeeeeeee the Loooooorrrrrdddddd...

I miss this part of Sunday service mehn.

grin you ehn? But it wasn't funny o. I can't even describe all that happened in a flash

Re: Today's Testimony! by bennyann: 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
SoapAndSponge:
I'm alivegrin
Being alive doesn't mean the living one is better than the dead one to me. Life doesn't fancy me like that though I'm grateful to God for life. But my focus and desire is in meeting Jesus face to face, at the end of it all. So life doesn't intrigue me that much.

But thank God I'm alive. I must fulfill the purpose for which God has brought me to earth by His special grace.

Re: Today's Testimony! by Ranchhoddas: 4:09pm On Sep 27, 2017
bennyann:

grin you ehn? But it wasn't funny o. I can't even describe all that happened in a flash

It's the Lord's doing sister. In fact I'm tempted to go to church this Sunday because of this testimony.

I also feel like screaming seven Hallelujahs right now.
I'm mightily touched. The spirit is all over me.

Re: Today's Testimony! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
bennyann:

Being alive doesn't mean the living one is better than the dead one to me. Life doesn't fancy me like that though I'm grateful to God for life. But my focus and desire is in meeting Jesus face to face, at the end of it all. So life doesn't intrigue me that much.

But thank God I'm alive. I must fulfill the purpose for which God has brought me to earth by His special grace.

Aren't you contradicting yourself, sweet Benny, eh?

Re: Today's Testimony! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 27, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
It's the Lord's doing sister. In fact I'm tempted to go to church this Sunday because of this testimony.

Na so.

Why do I have this feeling that Sarassin has so influenced you that you now take your stance on atheism with some pinch of salt.

Well, what do I know.

*continues chewing Maltesers*
Re: Today's Testimony! by Ranchhoddas: 6:05pm On Sep 27, 2017
SoapAndSponge:

Na so.

Why do I have this feeling that Sarassin has so influenced you that you now take your stance on atheism with some pinch of salt.

Well, what do I know.

*continues chewing Maltesers*
Hmmm...
Who is hiding behind this moniker?

I never was an atheist. Skeptic maybe but never atheist.

Sara is my personal Guru. Just that he doesn't know it yet.
I might end up becoming a mystic or something.
Ooooommmmmmmm...
Re: Today's Testimony! by Daviddson(m): 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2017
Glory be to God. I strongly feel that was an angelic intervention.
Re: Today's Testimony! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Hmmm...
Who is hiding behind this moniker?

I never was an atheist. Skeptic maybe but never atheist.

Sara is my personal Guru. Just that he doesn't know it yet.
I might end up becoming a mystic or something.
Ooooommmmmmmm...
Re: Today's Testimony! by analice107: 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
bennyann:

Amen! Thanks big sis.

But sis do you also believe the one who saved me in a flash wasn't human? What do you think? He didn't even talk to me after saving me, he didn't ask if I was OK, he just ran away.

Psalm:91: 11-12
For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Exodus:23:20
Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

Our little services to God speaks when there's crisis.

I believe 100% he was an Angel.
Re: Today's Testimony! by bennyann: 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
SoapAndSponge:

Aren't you contradicting yourself, sweet Benny, eh?

That's the way it seem and that's because I have to be grateful for life too. But seriously nothing freaks me about this life. My concern is for those around me to be comfortable and at peace.
Re: Today's Testimony! by bennyann: 8:23pm On Sep 28, 2017
analice107:

They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

Thank sis. Even now, I'm perplexed. The more I try to playback, the more it gets so complicated.

At this point I join the believers to go with the bolded. grin I'm convinced.
Re: Today's Testimony! by bennyann: 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2017
Daviddson:
Glory be to God. I strongly feel that was an angelic intervention.

You too cheesy

Glory to God dear, thanks
Re: Today's Testimony! by bennyann: 8:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

Funny enough, I'm not the type who give testimonies but this is one weird one.

I'm so touched you're happy for me. cheesy
Re: Today's Testimony! by analice107: 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
bennyann:

Thank sis. Even now, I'm perplexed. The more I try to playback, the more it gets so complicated.

At this point I join the believers to go with the bolded. grin I'm convinced.
This is my best Bible passage, i so believe it and it goes with me everywhere.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isaiah:41:10

Oh, what comfort to know my father goes with me everywhere?

I love you Jesus!, I love you!!

Re: Today's Testimony! by jiggaz(m): 9:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
analice107:

I wanted to quote that Psalm 91 to her.... That's the angel of the Lord.
Re: Today's Testimony! by analice107: 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
jiggaz:
I wanted to quote that Psalm 91 to her.... That's the angel of the Lord.
I believe he was.

Re: Today's Testimony! by jiggaz(m): 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
bennyann:

Many I told the story believe the man who came to my rescue was an angel.

I thank God for your life my dear. That's an angel of God... This is a powerful testimony. Every believer have an angel assigned to him or her. It just that most times, we believers don't know the kind of privileges we have in Christ Jesus. This is powerful!! The Word of God is true concerning our lives. Jesus is Lord...
Re: Today's Testimony! by bennyann: 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2017
jiggaz:
I thank God for your life my dear. That's an angel of God... This is a powerful testimony. Every believer have an angel assigned to him or her. It just that most times, we believers don't know the kind of privileges we have in Christ Jesus. This is powerful!! The Word of God is true concerning our lives. Jesus is Lord...

Oh my brother, I'm so glad you're here. And I've come to believe it was an angel also.

You know thinking about falling on him while he held me close, it's not like he was a flat bed for any part of my flesh not to touch the tarred road. I have no bruises at all. grin

It's really a miracle but he ran away embarassed

Thank you jiggaz

Re: Today's Testimony! by bennyann: 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2017
analice107:

This is my best Bible passage, i so believe it and it goes with me everywhere.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isaiah:41:10

Oh, what comfort to know my father goes with me everywhere?

I love you Jesus!, I love you!!

Hmmm! Thank you sis.
Re: Today's Testimony! by jiggaz(m): 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
bennyann:

Oh my brother, I'm so glad you're here. And I've come to believe it was an angel also.

You know thinking about falling on him while he held me close, it's not like he was a flat bed for any part of my flesh not to touch the tarred road. I have no bruises at all. grin

It's really a miracle but he ran away embarassed

Thank you jiggaz
cheesy You welcome my dear.

Re: Today's Testimony! by analice107: 9:32pm On Sep 30, 2017
bennyann:

Hmmm! Thank you sis.
Uwc younger sis.

Re: Today's Testimony! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 30, 2017
I'm overwhelmed but glad!

Hosanna in the highest! Glory to the great God for redeeming your soul from destruction.

The devil had actually sent his demons to do his biddings on the highway! undecided BUT God had sent his own angel to rescue you. (Come to think of it, don't we have our own guardian angels? *scratches head* of course! --- bennyann, your guardian angel of the Lord had rescued you)

Dear OP, always pray before going out and thank God when coming in or vise-versa. smiley it's grace.

Re: Today's Testimony! by bennyann: 4:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
Jhaytee4all:
I'm overwhelmed but glad!

Hosanna in the highest! Glory to the great God for redeeming your soul from destruction.

The devil had actually sent his demons to do his biddings on the highway! undecided BUT God had sent his own angel to rescue you. (Come to think of it, don't we have our own guardian angels? *scratches head* of course! --- bennyann, your guardian angel of the Lord had rescued you)

Dear OP, always pray before going out and thank God when coming in or vise-versa. smiley it's grace.

Aaaaawwww, thank you so much dear cheesy

Isn't it wonderful how believers have one voice on this? cheesy

Even our guardian angels are answerable to God. They go only by the commandment of God.

To the bolded, I really need that advice because that particular day at dawn, I only woke up saying good morning Holy Spirit, I love and worship You... And that's all o. But God has been faithful even when my flesh is weak.

Thanks dear.

"Practical Holiness" : Your Fast Track For Setting Aside Grace - Paul Ellis / The Lords Chosen Has The Biggest Headquarter In Enugu (pics) / Ogba Multipurpose Shopping Complex Is Now Selling.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79