Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,658 members, 7,840,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Brother Ken - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Brother Ken (158 Views)

In Need Of A Ken Wiwa Book 'in The Shadow Of A Saint' Ebook / The Third Twin(by Ken Follett)scientific-romance / Novels By Ken Saro Wiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brother Ken by levisco16(m): 4:31pm On Sep 27, 2017
Hello friends this is a short story on TIME TRAVEL written by me, My first story, please Read it this my first time.

Plot Summary

Steve a wealthy young man designs a robot he sends to the past to save his brother Ken who died in a car accident, time changes and reveals ken is actually a step-brother. Back in the present Steve now is faced with the challenge of Ken been is Archenemy who posseses his wealth. Steve is last option is to correct the mistake he has caused at the cost of his health.

Story Begins Here

It was Steve and Green having a sword martial art practice in the martial art room, Green overpowered Steve and pointed her wooden sword tilted downwards towards him who lied on the floor facing up, she retreated her sword as he stood up.
"Never underestimate a woman" said Green who blinked her eyes smiling,
"hm well said" replied Steve as he walked out of the martial art room.
Vooooooooom went the car after been hit by an incoming truck from the left sending it into a state of somersaulting of three rolls, the car was gruesomely smashed. The ambulance arrived to take out the victim,
"shit it's Ken Bruger" said the medical personnels who toke Ken out of the car as the sirens gave an alarming sound. "Broken ribs spinal cord damage fractured shoulder bones" said the medical doctor who attended to Ken who was on life support at the
hospital.

It was the News flash on TV having the News headline with the broadcaster as he spoke "Ken Bruger was involved in a fatal car accident and is declared dead" with the accident's scene displayed on TV. Journalists surrounded Steve holding microphones,
asking "Steve Bruger what do you have to say concerning the unexpected tragedy of your brother", Steve gave no reply and looked at the sky, "do you knowanything that could have caused his death" asked one of the journalists, "its unfortunate this happened
I can't take this " he replied while he closed his eyes with his palm as tears ran down his face.
All this Steve remembered while he stood looking at Ken's photograph in his room with a glass cup of a drink held with his left hand
Green walked in seeing Steve looking at the photo,
"you look at that all the time" she said,
"its been five years since the death of Ken i dream of him every night my love for him as a brother i cannot comprehend" he replied still looking at the photo.
His phone rang in his pocket, he takes it out with his right hand and answers it.
"hello deji, what do you have for me?" he asked. He stood for a minute and then turns backward to face Green, "I got that" he said, and drank a little of the drink he held
ending the call.
"get the documents ready" he said to Green with a look of confidence,
"I believe it's good news" she replied and walked out of the room.
At Bruger Corp, a car came in, two men in black coperate clothing came to the car and opened the back doors each, Steve and Green steps out of the car from the separate sides of the car,

Steve clothed in a black coperate outfit and Green clothed in a black coperate cloth having a skirt walked into the building with Green by his left holding a chrom coloured briefcase.

Steve, sitted on his office chair with a glass desk in front of him. He placed his palm on the desk's surface and it displayed "Welcome" with a computerized woman's which said "welcome to Bruger's Corp".
"thank you thank you emily" said Steve,
"I want to see the latest news report" he inquired.
A news report began to display on the desk, the broadcaster spoke "the federal government, has decided to open up a platform for physicists to show their capability of designing and implementing new strategic means of strengthing the economy of the nation"
while the news reporter still spoke, Steve wouldn't wait for the completion of the information, "emily" sharply he said inhaling deeply as he closed his eyes slowly with his palms on the desk's surface,
"yes sir" replied emily,
he turned to look at Ken's photo on his desk,
"am still expecting a word from you sir" emily said gently.
Deji a man dark in complexion walked into the office, "Doctor Steve, you always wanted this opportunity and now its come, what will you do about it?" he asked Steve who still starred at the photo.
he turned to look at Deji "it's said that when the window of opportunity appears, don't pull down the shade" he said, with his eyes on Deji. He looks at the desk surface,
"emly" he called out,
"yes sir, am still with you" emily replied softly,
"I want you to create a new file for our upcoming project" he instructed,
"project name sir?" asked emily,
Steve looked at Deji and smiled raising his eyebrows as high as possible,
"proooject 1-0-1" he answered and he relaxed on his chair.
At the park was a man sitted on a bench who read a newspaper with a glass on his face, while he sat quietly a man clothed in black coperate outfit walked up to him and sat by his right.
"Good morning Doctor Johnson, I bring you good news" he said,
"Good morning James" Johnson replied as he closed his eyes slowly and inhaled deeply with his closed lips widen,
"The Federal Government is giving out an opportunity for physicists all over the country to show what we are capable of doing" James said,
Johnson opened his eyes and kept it focused on the newspaper, his closed lips were back to normal.
"It is well known, that among the scientists we have in the country, only a few are physicists" James said.
Johnson closed the paper, looked forward and gave a sigh with his shoulders dropped down.
"And with Doctor Steve among the competitors, it will not be easy" Johnson said,
James turned to him and asked "then what will you do about it?",
"Move fast.....speed is a main advantage over large competitors" Johnson replied and turned to James.
"over my years with you as your personal assistant, that has always been one of your strategy" said James.
Johnson gave a tap on James's left shoulder,
"Get ready, we gat some work todo" said Johnson.
At Bruger's lab was Steve in a black outfit having a black top, who stood and rested his hands in front of a round computerized table that projected the modelling of a device in the air in blue,
"it's been three weeks since we started this project, and we are near completion" said a woman who stood opposite Steve with a lab coat on her, with her hands in her pocket,
"and with the deadline given to us by the government, we are out of time" said a man on lab coat in the lab, who walked towards the table to join the conversation and shaked his head towards the right inhaling and back to the left exhaling.
Steve took his hands off the table, folded his arms and asked the woman "whats holding us back?" tilting his head
"we ought to be done by now, i mean we are just dealing with a proto-type here" he said further, massaging the back of his neck with his left and his right hand held out towards the woman.
The woman sighed raising her eye brows as she looked downwards at the projection of the model, and said "we have a problem here sir",
she looked straight at Steve dropping her eye brows.
Steve face got blank as he heard her statement, "what could be the problem ?" he asked, looking heavenward as he breath in deeply,
the woman tapped the surface of the projection device, she said to Steve who looked downward at the modelling as it enlarged and displayed red "you see that, thats the problem, the energy produced will go unstable, and that we don't need",
"else it could go destructive and be a threat to humans" said the man who had walked in.
Steve with his lips folded in, his eyes narrowed towards the modelling and his hands on the table he said "I never expected to have a problem here",
"my calculations were correct, no flaws, no pit holes, hmmm" Steve said further, standing erect with his hands in his pocket after his speech.
"I don't have enough time to make more research on this" Steve said, now rubbing his chin with his left hand.
In his mind he asked gazing at the mercury fluroscene used in lighting the lab that made it a little dark,
"what will he do, if if was here" looking at Ken in his mind's eye.

Johnson sitted with a hat on his head at the back sit close to the right door in a vehicle with tainted glass, held and cleaned his glasses with his handkerchief.
The left door opened, a man came in and shut it close.
"Everything is getting set" the man said looking at Johnson who sets his eyes focused on his glasses he held which he had cleaned,
the man handed a file to Johnson, who then takes it, opens it and goes through the content.
The man leaned on the sit comfortablely with his face muscles relaxed,
he asked "don't you think this project if taken and utilize by the government may be too powerful in their hands ?",
"its like leaving a rocket launcher in the hands of a monkey" he said further,
Johnson wore his glasses with a expression of no concern on his face,
and said "perhaps if that happens, I will have an element of suprise that will remind them, "

Green at her house sitted on her bed looked the pictures in her album, it was the photo of wedded couples on their wedding day.
She kept the album on the bed, stood up and walked towards the cabinet on her right, on the cabinet was Steve's picture in a picture frame with a stand behind which she looked at on getting to the cabinet.
She walked closer to the cabinet and took the frame, she looked straight into Steve's eyes for moment leaving a bright look on her face. With the frame in her hands, she looked at the mirror of the cabinet in front of her, then raised her head up to see
the ticking clock. She kept the frame back on the cabinet.

In his office Steve sat on his chair, on his two hands joined together that was held up by his elbows on the table rested his chin. His eyebrows was drawn to each other, the corners of his mouth went down.
"emily i need deji in my office immediately" he order.

Deji on black suit with a white clothing inside, walked with a large brown envelope held with his right hand as he passed by the secretariat.
In Steve's office, Deji had arrived.
"hello sir, i brought the documents" Deji said to Steve as he went for the chair in front of Steve's table,
Steve released his tensed faced and welcomes him,
"welcome".
Deji handed the envelope to Steve who took it with his left hand and placed it by his left side without taking a look at it.
"do you remember the university student of UNIPORT who made a project on creating energy that could sustain energy consuming devices for a long period of time?" Steve asked Deji whose eyes was set on the envelope wondering why Steve waved it aside.
Deji blinked his eyes and then looked at Steve who had a serious look on his face,
"yes i do, and what brings memory of him. he failed and was never remembered, he should have graduated but was a dropout" Deji replied,
"morover, why ask of him?" Deji inquired blinking again his eyes.
On hearing this, Steve stood up hastily, stood behind his chair and back Deji crossing his hands behind his torso.
"the key to our success lies in him" he said sharply and loud.
He turns around to see Deji whose eyes had been set on him, he placed his hands on his chair, his elbows each was beside his waist.
Looking at Deji he said,
"we are running out of time Deji".

In a resturant was Steve and a young man sitted opposite each other around a table that had a champaign bottle and a tray containing glass cups of drink on it.
With his right hand Steve took a cup and drank of it. As he drank, the young man spoke looking at Steve's white long sleeve, his red tie and watch on his left hand he did placed on the table,
"i can't believe am sitted before you, this never came into my world of fantasy".
Steve kept back the cup he emptied on the tray which had three filled cups that awaited his emptied cup, he spoke as he kept it,
"fate has made it so chukuemeka, that you should be here this moment".
Chukuemeka watched Steve leaned on the chair he sat on, resting his left hand on the table as he leaned.
"i need your help, and in return you get to have a life changing career with Bruger's Corp" Steve spoke to Chukuemeka, looking at his sky blue long sleeve and black tie.
Steve spoke further,
"as you know, the upcoming event for physicists is at hand. i want to give you a part to partake in its glory that shall unfold".
As Steve spake, Chukuemeka wondered within himself why such a thing like this happened, his meeting with Steve Bruger a high class man. He asked with his head tilted to his right shoulder, his eyes straight into Steve's,
"why me ?",
"am not know by anyone, no not one at all. you suddenly showing up from no where, is asking for my help. people like you go for people who are on the highway of success" he said.
Steve replied,
"people are only drawn to food of good aroma",
"the key to achieving my present goals lies in you" Steve said with his left hand pointed to him.
"and if i may ask what key is this you talking about ?" Chukuemeka asked with his hands joined together resting on the table.
Steve waved his right hand away from him gently towards his right, a man on black suit with white clothing on the inside who stood a gap behind his chair came closer, he handed a large brown envelope to Chukuemeka.
Chukuemeka held it with both hands, on it saw CLASSIFIED.
Steve watched him as he opened the envelope, bringing out the documents inside of it with his left hand as he held the envelope with his right hand, he could see the face of curiousity on him.
Steve saw Chukuemeka's eyes go wide open and blinked on seeing the content.
Chukuemeka deeps the documents back into to envelope and placed it on the table,
" i see, its all clear to me now " he said to Steve who spoke within himself saying,
"he didn't even go through the documents, only the first page of it he glanced at".

In a car Chukuemeka looked at Steve through the window as he sat at the back sit.
"Think about it, think about it" said Steve standing as looked at Chukuemeka sitted inside the car,
"you get home safely" he said moving away from the black car as the tainted glass rolled up, the car drove off.

At Steve's mansion, a car wine in colour drove in. The driver on white long sleeve, black jacket, a bow tie on his neck and his black trouser that descended on his black shoe came out, he opened the back door close to the driver's door.
Out of the car came a woman on blue gown, she had her hand bag hung on her right arm.
Her eyes set on Steve who welcomed her with his arms spread out wide towards her as she smiled, she watched Steve came out of his building.
"welcome mother, you should have told me you were coming" said Steve as he hugged her,
"my sweet boy".
They both walked into the house.

"so tell me what progress have you made over the past months, and please for goodness sake don't tell anything about physics" Steve's mum asked chewing some food in her mouth with a fork held with her right hand and a knife with her left hand that rested
on the dinning table close to the plate on food she ate from.
Steve at the other end of the dinning, lowered down his fork he held with his right hand and leaned with his back on the chair he sat on.
He answered looking at the table well gnished with purle flowers that gave a pleasent smell, the bottles of wine and red berries "well my investment in a movie production company has yielded some fruits".
"hm thats lovely" he's mum replied after she had sipped a cup of wine,
"by the way how's green ?" she asked,
"please don't go there mum, i don't want to talk about her now" Steve turned away his face from her direction to the left, set his eyes on the floor.
"don't tell me that young man" she exclaimated,
she said further as she did eat,
"look boy you are twenty seven, you should know that its unwise to keep a woman in love waiting",
" mum she's fine, the past few weeks have tough for me due to my research" Steve said to his mum as he ate his food,
" o thats for the trash bin, am not taking that from you" she replied shaking her head with are her eyebrows raised up.

Two men walked by a passage as they spoke to each other concerning the upcoming event which is to bring the physicists in the country together, one was dressed in sky blue agbada and the other in a wine suit.
"do you think this will work out, that this would be a way to strengthen the economy?" the man on wine asked,
"yes of course, my advisers made plain to me why this is a good decision" the man on agbada answered.
The man on wine halted his movement with his hands together crossed in front of him which made the other man to halt,
"mr president, if you say so then it means you must be ready to sacrifice enough resources for its success" the man on wine said.
The president continued his movement, the man on wine follow after him.
"we are well capable, its time we start channeling our resources, our time and money into people's potential that will produce wealth for the nation" the president spoke as the walked down the passage.

(1) (Reply)

Your Favorite Writer / Freelancer / Get Access To Stunning And Affordable Book Trailer Services For Your Book Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.