Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire (4010 Views)

Buy Your Dwarf Seedling Orange,lemon,mango,cashew, Pawpaw,ogbono,palm,bittercola / See The Oranges I Bought For N600 In Benue / Yoga With Nigerian Dwarf Goats In USA (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
Most times planting mango and orange become admirable to us but our challenge becomes fruiting time and more importantly size of tree. When you see dwarf trees please they are 98% made and 2% accident.
For you to achieve good height and quick fruiting, these are the keys
1. Buy a grafted plant.
Be it mango,orange or avocado, there are grafted products. So ensure that you are buying from a good source. That's the basics because it aids to guarantee early fruiting.
When you want to Transplant to the ground,
i.dig a 1 meter x 1meter x 1 meter hole .
ii.while excavating keep the topmost half of the soil on one site and the remaining on the other side.
iii. Mix the topmost soil with animal excreta(poultry waste,cow dung etc). Refill the mixture to the pit place your plant with its soil/root ball then fill up with the remaining soil.

2. Planting a grafted plant alone is just part of the game but pruning is key. For mango you prune at the 1st 2.5 or 3 feet this will encourage branching. keep pruning at every 20 inches thereafter. Ensure you head-off(cut off) any vertically growing branch.The horizontal branches starts and maintains the regular bearing.

1 Like

Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Niyeal(m): 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
c
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 28, 2017
cont...
3. While pruning keeps the grafted plant at a manageable size, watering(irrigation) and fertilization is key to a productive fruit tree. You don't want to rely on rain to water your plant. With experience I have been exposed to,one dry season can draw you back 2 years with the attendant consequences.
If you must go commercial with fruit trees, then get the field some irrigation. With a well planned irigation you can feed nutrients through the irrigation system. it saves cost!
I recommend Jain dripkit or Netafim.

Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 28, 2017
Some home tree owners are always in the battle with diseases affecting their trees mostly Guava. Even the Christian holybook recommend that it is he who is sick that needs a doctor ,however prevention may be key.
Spaying your trees with fungicides and insecticides helps to make your projects successful. For example insect vectors are killed and the fungicides help control many tree diseases.
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 28, 2017
For your Fungicide, I recommend WACOT copper+ metilaxyl
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
Grow joy at your residence with one grafted fruit tree.
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by olly6559: 11:06am On Sep 29, 2017
And do you have any nursery Grafted fruit (plant) for sale
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2017
I stock mangoes though very few for commercial production. 42 in number . N2000 per tree
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
Remember that Planting is key
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by elysian777: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
Happy Brother, I will be needing two of your mango trees,how long will it take before it starts fruiting.Is the breed the small or big size?
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
elysian777:
Happy Brother, I will be needing two of your mango trees,how long will it take before it starts fruiting.Is the breed the small or big size?
Available:
1. Green: sweet ,fibreless , long shelf life, free when ripe , fruit from 3 years after transplant.
2. Ohafia1: sweeter, fibrous, green when ripe, fruit from 2 years after transplant, good for container plant
3. peter: big, orange with race shade when ripe, sweet, light fibrous, 3 years
4. Nsukka : medium, ripe like 3, fibreless, sweet, 3years

more to follow
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by elysian777: 6:54am On Sep 30, 2017
Thanks for the prompt response, will place my order next weel
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Walexz02(m): 9:21am On Sep 30, 2017
Well don happy brother Do you have dwarf pawpaw too
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by tallar: 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2017
How do i reach u?

happybrother:

Available:
1. Green: sweet ,fibreless , long shelf life, free when ripe , fruit from 3 years after transplant.
2. Ohafia1: sweeter, fibrous, green when ripe, fruit from 2 years after transplant, good for container plant
3. peter: big, orange with race shade when ripe, sweet, light fibrous, 3 years
4. Nsukka : medium, ripe like 3, fibreless, sweet, 3years

more to follow
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
tallar:
How do i reach u?
I full ground calls/whatsapp 08057021372 or happybrother3@gmail.com
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 17, 2017
Walexz02:
Well don happy brother Do you have dwarf pawpaw too
I do not have dwarf papaya for now
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
olly6559:
And do you have any nursery Grafted fruit (plant) for sale
currently Mangoes ,oranges but avocado,agbalomo(star apple),black pear ( dacroydes edulis) bittercola to follow in a month time.
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
mangoes

Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by ekkywolex(m): 3:50pm On Oct 17, 2017
I need mango & oranges grafted. Minimum 3pcs each. How do u deliver to Lagos?
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
more

Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 06, 2017
Prepare to plant a fruit tree in your residence instead of a giant canopy tree.
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2018
I am open for collaboration friends
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2018
I am open for collaboration friends.
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2018
happybrother:
I am open for collaboration friends.

Hi, what sort of collaboration you talking about?
Re: When Dwarf Mangoes And Oranges Are Your Desire by kunleweb: 3:13am On Sep 29, 2018
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Free information on Agribusiness in Nigeria / Palm Oil! Palm Oil !! Palm Oil !!! / My Mechanised Farming Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.