Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Lagbaja's New Album: Africano, the Mother of Groove - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lagbaja's New Album: Africano, the Mother of Groove (2632 Views)

P-square Ft Lagbaja - Unlimited [download] / Terry G's Funky New Look with New Video - See Groove 2 / Lagbaja Back With New Album (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagbaja's New Album: Africano, the Mother of Groove by hotspice(f): 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2005
Lagbaja never studied under any performer yet
he has come out with a musical style that is unique
thanks to research(need i mention that he is gifted!)

his secound CD is yet another hit! one particular track
'never far away' is.... lipsrsealed (u've got to hear it
ur self.)
this track caught my attention.

the combination of our african talking drums
with the orchestra is something else!
i guess
he is the inventor of this type of music
(pls correct me if am wrong)

for those who love orchestra or instrumentals
then listen to this song.

i am not a great fan of Lagbaja
but i do know a good music/musical video
and his is good
tuface should take note('ole' video)

Lagbaja is an[b] ICON[/b]
and KUDOS to the girl that sings in his band
Girl can sing! smiley
Re: Lagbaja's New Album: Africano, the Mother of Groove by layi(m): 2:52pm On Dec 20, 2005
Hotspice, were u in my mind? U beat me to it.  I was about starting a thread about it today before i saw this.

Lagbaja has definitely won my heart with that song "never far away". I never knew he could do something that good. I listen to the song everynight for the past 8 days. I just love it.

The video was good. The instrumentation and vocals on d songs is superb. That girl sure can sing.

As per beign the initiator. thats not particularly true. In Nigeria , yes but a lot of americans and africans have blended the english style orchestra wit local instruments.
U can get a feel in Diana Ross "He lives in you". same wit Alicia keys (can't remember d song where she used just konga with guitar and keyboard)
Re: Lagbaja's New Album: Africano, the Mother of Groove by hotspice(f): 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2005
well i guess am "never far away" from ur mind grin grin grin
Re: Lagbaja's New Album: Africano, the Mother of Groove by nike4luv(f): 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2005
the new album rocks, its just wow
Re: Lagbaja's New Album: Africano, the Mother of Groove by luridguy(m): 1:44am On Dec 31, 2005
i agree with u guys like hotspice said it  caught my attention.the mix of african rythm and the string ochestra i have never seen that any where the song is still number one on soundcity for 3 weeks and the video.just great

and to think the ochestra was made up of nigerians and i have heard that ochestra play in muson before they are really good lagbaja is the best.
Re: Lagbaja's New Album: Africano, the Mother of Groove by otokx(m): 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2006
this album was a dissapointment, he has deviated so much from the traditional style and is trying to make an in road into RnB, only one song caught my attention.
Re: Lagbaja's New Album: Africano, the Mother of Groove by layi(m): 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2006
@otokx
Music is dynamic bro. What lagbaja did (traditional+western blend) is called innovation and he should be praised for that.
He's not change his music...he just changed tools. wink
Re: Lagbaja's New Album: Africano, the Mother of Groove by otokx(m): 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2006
lagbaja is known for his versatility on the saxophone. i did not hear any sax at all in this album.
Re: Lagbaja's New Album: Africano, the Mother of Groove by walaky(m): 5:09pm On Feb 13, 2006
Lagbaja is one of the most talented artist of our generation like it or not, some don't like his kind of music, artist do sing good music and they do sing bad ones too afterall they are human just like us who make mistakes and Lagbaja is not an execption to it, but this one is a MASTERPIECE. to my Baby out there, wherever you may be, you are "never far away" from me, always on miy mind

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen Olamide's Video ?( Eni Duro) / Download Mp3 And Video Dj Maphorisa X Wizkid – “good Love” / DOWNLOAD Young Thug - Idol ~ Mp3 Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.