Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

True Caller, Pls Help Me - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / True Caller, Pls Help Me (1834 Views)

Who Else Noticed This About True Caller / How To Block Incoming Call Without Notifying The Caller / With True Caller, Is Our Privacy Really Secure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Caller, Pls Help Me by Jonwesley(m): 1:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
This true caller app, how does it work please. I have it downloaded to my phone, but I still receive calls with no identity, or no names. I guess I don't know how the app works. Pls help a concerned Nairalander. Responses appreciated. Thanks
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by GrandMufti: 2:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
It needs Internet connection to be able to identify unknown numbers
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by Jonwesley(m): 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2017
GrandMufti:
It needs Internet connection to be able to identify unknown numbers

Kindly explain more about it working by internet connection. I have data on the phone and through WiFi use my laptop to browse the internet.
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by GrandMufti: 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
Jonwesley:

Kindly explain more about it working by internet connection. I have data on the phone and through WiFi use my laptop to browse the internet.

You need a strong network connection for the app to be able to identify numbers, except the unknown number has not been stored on truecaller's servers, in which case, the app will not be able to identify the number.
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by Sanniez(m): 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
have you registered with the app?
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by bravesoul247(m): 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
It uses the Internet to identify callers
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by Jonwesley(m): 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
GrandMufti:

You need a strong network connection for the app to be able to identify numbers, except the unknown number has not been stored on truecaller's servers, in which case, the app will not be able to identify the number.

Quite revealing. So there is a True caller server just like those of other networks. But how does our numbers or subscribers get registered on it please?
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by GrandMufti: 8:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
Jonwesley:

Quite revealing. So there is a True caller server just like those of other networks. But how does our numbers or subscribers get registered on it please?

Your number is registered when you sign into the app or if your friend grants the app, access to his contacts. That way, the names he used in storing your contact on his phone will be registered on the truecaller server. You can read up more about it.
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by olayinkajnr(m): 8:18am On Sep 29, 2017
GrandMufti:

Your number is registered when you sign into the app or if your friend grants the app, access to his contacts. That way, the names he used in storing your contact on his phone will be registered on the truecaller server. You can read up more about it.

I used to have Truecaller on my phone. I recently deactivated it and delisted my number from their server.

You've done a lot by explaining to the OP. But even if your friends uses Truecaller and has you number saved on his phone and your number is not registered on Truecaller or other major sites like Facebook, trust me, no one can identify your number.

What Truecaller does is that it pulls data from search engines, social media websites (like Facebook) to identify callers. I for one resort my privacy. Which was why I deactivated and delisted my number from their server.
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by GrandMufti: 8:46am On Sep 29, 2017
olayinkajnr:

I used to have Truecaller on my phone. I recently deactivated it and delisted my number from their server.

You've done a lot by explaining to the OP. But even if your friends uses Truecaller and has you number saved on his phone and your number is not registered on Truecaller or other major sites like Facebook, trust me, no one can identify your number.

What Truecaller does is that it pulls data from search engines, social media websites (like Facebook) to identify callers. I for one resort my privacy. Which was why I deactivated and delisted my number from their server.

Pm me your number and I'll tell you the name attached to your number on their server. grin
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by olayinkajnr(m): 10:18am On Sep 29, 2017
GrandMufti:

Pm me your number and I'll tell you the name attached to your number on their server. grin

Lolz, it will shock you

I'll give you my three numbers. Quote me after checking it but don't include the numbers in your quote. Coz I'll modify the post when you are done.

The 2nd and 3rd, I registered them on Truecaller and then deactivated and delisted them. The 1st one I've never registeredon Truecaller. But then, all my contacts saved my number and it's always busy.

Now tell me, what name did it show?
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by GrandMufti: 10:31am On Sep 29, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Lolz, it will shock you

I'll give you my three numbers. Quote me after checking it but don't include the numbers in your quote. Coz I'll modify the post when you are done.

The 2nd and 3rd, I registered them on Truecaller and then deactivated and delisted them. The 1st one I've never registeredon Truecaller. But then, all my contacts saved my number and it's always busy.

Now tell me, what name did it show?

I'll check. You can modify the post.
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by olayinkajnr(m): 10:38am On Sep 29, 2017
GrandMufti:

I'll check. You can modify the post.

Alright
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by GrandMufti: 10:53am On Sep 29, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Alright

angry angry winch
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by olayinkajnr(m): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2017
GrandMufti:

angry angry winch

Lmao, shey you see am. Hahahahaha

Truecaller ain't really reliable. Can fit disappoint when you need it most.

An hint, don't include your phone number in your Facebook profile if you don't wanna be found.
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by GrandMufti: 11:16am On Sep 29, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Lmao, shey you see am. Hahahahaha

Truecaller ain't really reliable. Can fit disappoint when you need it most.

An hint, don't include your phone number in your Facebook profile if you don't wanna be found.

Lol.. About including phone number on Facebook is not always true. I don't have any of my numbers registered on any social platform except whatsapp, yet people are able to search for my name
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by olayinkajnr(m): 11:24am On Sep 29, 2017
GrandMufti:

Lol.. About including phone number on Facebook is not always true. I don't have any of my numbers registered on any social platform except whatsapp, yet people are able to search for my name

Deactivate your number from the app, then head on to their website to delist your number. No one will be able to get your name via Truecaller
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by GrandMufti: 11:26am On Sep 29, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Deactivate your number from the app, then head on to their website to delist your number. No one will be able to get your name via Truecaller

Done! cool
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by Partnerbiz3: 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Pls i have never registered my no myself but ppl find me and if u see d name shocked
Chai.

How can i delist now..
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by olayinkajnr(m): 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

Pls i have never registered my no myself but ppl find me and if u see d name shocked
Chai.

How can i delist now..

https://www.truecaller.com/unlist
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by Partnerbiz3: 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
Re: True Caller, Pls Help Me by GrandMufti: 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2017

(1) (Reply)

9mobile 32gb For 1000 / Closed / The Most Powerful Laptop In The World Sold For 4,800,000 <<read More>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.