Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Pastor: Fake Or Real! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor: Fake Or Real! (1870 Views)

Holy Dog Butt: Fake Or Real..? / Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? / Are Tb Joshua Miracles Fake Or Genuine? People Must See This… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor: Fake Or Real! by ogajim(m): 2:03pm On Mar 05, 2010
I came across this recently in a Nigerian publication and thought I should pass it on and see where the debate leads:

(1) His Sermons/messages are always on happiness, joy and says God is always merciful to forgive sins, He is FAKE

(2) A pastor that 99% of his message is about things of this World- mansions, prosperity, cars, etc. If he is to give testimony about proof of his ministry, it is about the latest cars, houses, clothes or places he has visited.

(3) Pastors doesn't talk about Heaven and doesn't direct peoples' heart to God and only preaches God as a father Christmas; messages mostly on what God can do for you and not what you can do for God, does not tell you to repent and get out of unGodliness and do what's right.

(4) Every Sermon ends in offering or raising money, almost everything can be redeemed with money

(5) Pastor whose church members live very unrighteous public and private lives.

Try and apply these and see how many pastors survive this scrutiny, undecided
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by whiteroses(f): 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2010
its not a members business if a pastor is fake or not, if you wanna stay cool, worshipping God is importatnt and if the pastor is greedy and has holy spirit thats fine by me, i know a certain pastor in nigeria, his greed pass this world but its also obvious he has the holy spirit in him and guides his members resonably and the church is increasing rapidly, there's a reason why its increasing.
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by ogajim(m): 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2010
^^ And if a blind man leads a blind man?
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Dolemite(f): 8:56pm On Mar 05, 2010
whiteroses:

its not a members business if a pastor is fake or not, if you wanna stay cool, worshipping God is importatnt and if the pastor is greedy and has holy spirit thats fine by me, i know a certain pastor in nigeria, his greed pass this world but its also obvious he has the holy spirit in him and guides his members resonably and the church is increasing rapidly, there's a reason why its increasing.
OMG please tell me people aren't this naive in real life shocked . . .you're joking right? surely you must be. . .
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Enigma(m): 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2010
E pass me!!!

How can a "pastor" whose "greed pass this world" have the holy spirit (sic) in him?

What is the fruit of the Spirit? And can the fruit of the Spirit accommodate greed?

Finally, why will the so-called pastor's church not be "increasing rapidly" when he preaches greed and his flock are themselves greedy and want to hear about greed with their itching ears?
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by ogajim(m): 9:34pm On Mar 05, 2010
I don't know how the Holy Spirit can accommodate greed!

Thank God "whiteroses" are not Edelweiss grin
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by hardywaltz(m): 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2010
@
whiteroses:

Funniest post i have ever read.
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by vocalist(f): 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2010
it is not in ur shoe to judge any man, the bibles say the lord owns those who are his, not u a mortal man.
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by ogajim(m): 8:24pm On Mar 06, 2010
^^ Since when did pointing out the obvious equal "judgment"?

This is a simple attempt to point people in the right direction in their WALK not to judge.
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by InesQor(m): 12:15am On Mar 07, 2010
grin Mass LOLage! His greed[i] pass[/i] this world and his congregation is ever increasing? What did you expect?! It's not a coincidence, it's the plan! grin
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by afiq(m): 1:46am On Mar 07, 2010
'Prosperity Pastors' are everywhere. Fine suits, SUVs and their blings. They even have their own version of Bible (money generator aka family biz). Their sermons got that dollar signS LOL
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Joagbaje(m): 1:33pm On Mar 08, 2010
ogajim:

I came across this recently in a Nigerian publication and thought I should pass it on and see where the debate leads:

(1) His Sermons/messages are always on happiness, joy and says God is always merciful to forgive sins, He is FAKE

(2) A pastor that 99% of his message is about things of this World- mansions, prosperity, cars, etc. If he is to give testimony about proof of his ministry, it is about the latest cars, houses, clothes or places he has visited.

(3) Pastors doesn't talk about Heaven and doesn't direct peoples' heart to God and only preaches God as a father Christmas; messages mostly on what God can do for you and not what you can do for God, does not tell you to repent and get out of unGodliness and do what's right.

(4) Every Sermon ends in offering or raising money, almost everything can be redeemed with money

This nonsense does not apply to any pastor, It is from the imagination of the mischievous individual that wrote it. Pastors are called to build lives.
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Dolemite(f): 2:04pm On Mar 08, 2010
Joagbaje:

This nonsense does not apply to any pastor, It is from the imagination of the mischievous individual that wrote it. Pastors are called to build lives.
You are very wrong, didn't the bible say false prophets shall arise? as a sign of the end times?

ogajim:

T.D Jakes, Creflo Dollar, Benny hinn. . .in fact 90% of pastors on the TBN network.
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Joagbaje(m): 2:14pm On Mar 08, 2010
Dolemite:

You are very wrong, didn't the bible say false prophets shall arise? as a sign of the end times?
T.D Jakes, Creflo Dollar, Benny hinn. . .in fact 90% of pastors on the TBN network.

what makes them false prophets?
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by ogajim(m): 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2010
Joagbaje:

I don't know how Joagbaje can be dismissive of the points raised without substantiating his position! Name some pastors you think "are called to build lives" and some folks will name some that are doing the exact opposite.

A lot of those "p*i*m*ping" faith are in it for the money as we can see by them turning God's house into a pay to play deal, buyer beware!

I read this piece when I was there a few weeks ago and there are Churches everywhere you turn which begs the question: Is it all about numbers/money now or actually winning souls for Christ?
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by ogajim(m): 2:27pm On Mar 08, 2010
Joagbaje:

Joagbaje: I don't live in TX but I see TD as a business man and motivational speaker, CD, grin grin grin grin grin
Benny Hinn, I don't follow his stuff neither do I tune to TBN

I will much rather follow Jesus Christ instead of fellow humans with all our faults and all, I choose to server God only.
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Dolemite(f): 2:34pm On Mar 08, 2010
Joagbaje:

Do you read the bible? are you a bible believing Christian? it's so God damned obvious. . .
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Tonyet1(m): 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2010
ogajim:

Mr Ogajim, now i see , what has preaching happiness, joy and mercy have to do with FAKERY. So you've become so confused and self-deluded now that anyone who preaches such is now termed FAKE. hmmm atleast i now see one who refuses to  get rid of the LOG in his eyes while spotting specks in a brothers eye.

ogajim:

This is more disgusting!, did you check the percentage with your meter?, the problem is with you my friend,  how? its said that "when you've got a bias on someone who hardly see a right in their act". You need to get rid of that red glasses lest your world will always been seen as red.  wink wink

ogajim:

God! Ogajim you're really disappointing. trust me! What else do you want from this men. If they preach hell hell. its the same you that'll go out crying anr criticising them.

Matt 11:18-19

18 For John came neither eating nor drinking [with others], and they say, He has a demon!

19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking [with others], and they say, Behold, a glutton and a wine drinker, a friend of tax collectors and [especially wicked] sinners! Yet wisdom is justified and vindicated by what she does (her deeds) and by her children. AMP

Ogajim, the scriptures said wisdom is known and justified by her children. If you keep complaining you'll hardly get what God has in store for you. Refrain from judging people and learn to seek the path of truth and wisdom. Its an advise!

ogajim:

So is that a bias? Have you ever thought if those money(s) are raised for the needy, widow and orphans? na wa 4 u o! angry sad sad

ogajim:

So since when did you become Judge to scrutinize people's conduct when you've got a load of urs to sort out. PHARISEES -  they always see the wrong people do without taking care of theirs first. undecided undecided

Ogajim there is a whole lot to enjoy in the christian faith than spending one's whole day lurking for whom to devour.!  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Joagbaje(m): 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2010
ogajim:

I don't know how Joagbaje can be dismissive of the points raised without substantiating his position! Name some pastors you think "are called to build lives" and some folks will name some that are doing the exact opposite.

Ok lets take TD Jakes for example, I know he builds life and Benny hinn
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Joagbaje(m): 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2010
Dolemite:

Do you read the bible? are you a bible believing Christian? it's so God damned obvious. . .

I read my bible well ,and the people you mentioned are gret men of God, so what makes them ffake or false prophet, You should know that many people believe in the ministry of these men, so if you say they are false prohet you should explain biblically what they did wrong.
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Dolemite(f): 3:15pm On Mar 08, 2010
Joagbaje:

I read my bible well ,and the people you mentioned are gret men of God, so what makes them ffake or false prophet, You should know that many people believe in the ministry of these men, so if you say they are false prohet you should explain biblically what they did wrong.
First of all lets take Benny Hinn, a 'man of God' who claimed to see angels in his church services where he performs 'miracles'. These miracles have not been investigated by any doctor, even though he lied that they are. Once a news reporter investigating this case installed a tiny camera on her button, went up to the alter and said she was healed of cancer, he does his thing where he blows her, she falls, praise the lord. . . without even verifying the case he takes that footage and puts on the opening of his 'this is your day' tv show, the reporter said no one ever called her to verify her claim. Imagine the number of people decieved by this act? If this man is of God surely the holy spirit would have told him the true identity of the news reporter. A man who sees angels in his services? undecided
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Fhemmmy: 3:21pm On Mar 08, 2010
I think we worry too much about things that we dont have to worry about and we forget to live.
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by ogajim(m): 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
Tonyet is back, Ekabo ooooo! how was your Greek "ancient scroll" expedition?

In your haste to condemn brother man, you forgot what I stated in the beginning of the piece- that I came across it in a Nigerian national publication and it made a good read enough for me to want to share parts of it with everyone on NL.

I don't have any horses in this race, I thought we could discuss as grown folks without retorting to personal attacks and other distractions, at the end of the day, "to each his own" plus the fact that "each of us will have to work out his/her own Salvation with fear and trembling"

Shalom my brother!
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Joagbaje(m): 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2010
Dolemite:

First of all lets take Benny Hinn, a 'man of God' who claimed to see angels in his church services where he performs 'miracles'. These miracles have not been investigated by any doctor, even though he lied that they are. Once a news reporter investigating this case installed a tiny camera on her button, went up to the alter and said she was healed of cancer, he does his thing where he blows her, she falls, praise the lord. . . without even verifying the case he takes that footage and puts on the opening of his 'this is your day' tv show, the reporter said no one ever called her to verify her claim. Imagine the number of people decieved by this act? If this man is of God surely the holy spirit would have told him the true identity of the news reporter. A man who sees angels in his services? undecided

It is the reporter that is FALSE. She made false claim why blame the man of God? If someone says a lump has disaapeared from her body,how do you verify that medically. Some come there with medical papers ,others come without any, But they still have medical personel there that will ask them what miracle they recieve, make them do what they couldnt do before , and if they look convincing enough , they allow them to go up and testify. Benny hinn or any healing minister will only thank God for it. So does that make him false. You seem to be celebrating the fasle person who is the reporter as hero.
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by nuella2(f): 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2010
I love pastors that preach the gospel of christ, yeah preach joy not sadness and sorrow, peace not anxiety. Any pastor that dont preach joy and peace is of the devil cos the kingdom of God is righteousness(Jesus) peace and joy. There are enough challenges in the world already to put more fear in people apart from the fear(reverence) and love of God. The gospel is good news not bad news, christ is the embodiment of peace and joy. The church is where the saints are taught to be matured, the message for the christian is maturity in christ, to the unbeliever is salvation, leading him to God, Christianity is not just about going to heaven. What about when your on earth? suffer and die? Pastors where given to train christians to be sons, not to remain babes in christ.
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Dolemite(f): 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2010
Before a preacher puts anyone on tv claiming a miracle; Collect past tests that prove the person had ailment in question, conduct recent test that proves that the ailment has indeed been healed.

Joagbaje:

But they still have medical personel there that will ask them what miracle they recieve,
Are you kidding me? his 'medical personnel' happens to be his brother who prevents the truly sick from coming on stage, only people who claim to be healed. Notice he never actually prays for people to become healed on stage, that is because sick people are not allowed on stage, his thugs keep you out.

Joagbaje:

You seem to be celebrating the fasle person who is the reporter as hero.
This man claims to see angels in his congregation but couldn't see a hidden camera in the clothing of a reporter. . .was God sleeping to allow this deceit?
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Tonyet1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 08, 2010
So because you saw it on some dailies makes it worth discussing? pathetic!  angry angry

Ogajim,

Trust me there are so much to enjoy in the christian faith that makes worthless the act of scrutiny,

I rememeber in my hood in the mid-80's, Pastors and anyone who professes the christian faith were tag paupers because of the way they appear. so tattered you just wonder what disgusting a faith could be that they profess, such that they were avoided, they were rejected as if they stank. Now the crux was that there were still fake christians as well as genuine ones among the crowd.

In the Mid-90's the christian faith was largely embrassed by educated people whose enlightement required that they looked good and decent, this new midset brought some good things as well as wrong too. The faith is emassed with all kinds of people, the rich preachers who serve God genuinely as well as the rich preachers who pretend and fake the faith.

Now would it be wise to presume that becos some rich preachers fake the faith mean that all rich preachers are fake too. does it make sense?

On a serious note, i feel its not worth it lurking thru' dailies and every available media seeking which preacher is fake and who's not, what matters is "keep the commandements of God in Christ" "be transformed by the constant renewing of my mind" "view my being thru God's mirror and pray to correct my flaws" rather that focusing if Adeboye is a thief for buying a Jet, or Pastor Chris is gay for jerlling his hairs, or if Oyedepo is cultist for using anointing oil.  sad sad

Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by KunleOshob(m): 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2010
And the debate goes on  grin  grin  grin and some would even deny the existence of fake pastors when the bible makes it clear that their would be tonnes of them  tongue we truly live in very interesting times. Prosperity Pastors today openly deny the very christ they claim to serve by their action and false teachings.

2 Peter 2:1-3:
  1 But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. 3 In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.

Titus 1:16:
16 Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good.
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by nuella2(f): 4:04pm On Mar 08, 2010
KunleOshob:

And the debate goes on  grin  grin  grin and some would even deny the existence of fake pastors when the bible makes it clear that their would be tonnes of them  tongue we truly live in very interesting times. Prosperity Pastors today openly deny the very christ they claim to serve by their action and false teachings.

1 But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. 3 In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.

16 Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good.

Nobody said there are no false teachers but that someone preach prosperity do not make him false. According to you any pastor that teach people to tithe is fake. I wonder who taught you that false teaching you carry around NL.
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Joagbaje(m): 4:05pm On Mar 08, 2010
Dolemite:

Before a preacher puts anyone on tv claiming a miracle; Collect past tests that prove the person had ailment in question, conduct recent test that proves that the ailment has indeed been healed.
Are you kidding me? his 'medical personnel' happens to be his brother who prevents the truly sick from coming on stage, only people who claim to be healed. Notice he never actually prays for people to become healed on stage, that is because sick people are not allowed on stage, his thugs keep you out.
This man claims to see angels in his congregation but couldn't see a hidden camera in the clothing of a reporter. . .was God sleeping to allow this deceit?

What of those who never had medical record. Of course he doesn pray for the sick one on one most time, If he has to pray for each person one on one, He would require several hours .He only invoke the the pressence of God through worship and prays a mass prayer. It is not everybody that get healed ofcourse but he glorifies God for the miracles they see, and  ofcourse the ushers will prevent someone who is not healed to come up stage, he only takes testimonies on stage from those who get healed.
Re: Pastor: Fake Or Real! by Joagbaje(m): 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2010
KunleOshob:

And the debate goes on grin grin grin and some would even deny the existence of fake pastors when the bible makes it clear that their would be tonnes of them tongue we truly live in very interesting times. Prosperity Pastors today openly deny the very christ they claim to serve by their action and false teachings.

Mr Kunle , I would want you to be clear on this. Are you saying th is wrong to give money in churches? is it unscriptural.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Is Coming Again / A Christian Vs Atheist View On Abortion / 10 Things That Can Distract Your Walk With GOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.