Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. (1074 Views)

Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? / Volkswagen Passat CC Won't Start / Volkswagen Passat V8 For Sale. 250k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. by Landsurveyor: 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
Have had it up to here!re-wires ripping me off. My gear sticks to one gear,while on drive mode.It gearks when shifted to reverse and drive.The indicator light on the dash board (PRNDS) all lit up at once,but now it doesnt even show again. The gear is perfectly fine.Carried out a diagnosis on the gear.
Re: Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. by AutoElectNG: 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
Let's talk.

What's the history of the repairs on this vehicle?

Where are you located?
Re: Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. by Landsurveyor: 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2017
Engine has been replaced.Located in Ibadan.
Re: Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. by AutoElectNG: 8:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
Landsurveyor:
Engine has been replaced.Located in Ibadan.

If I get the picture right, this problem started post engine replacement.

In other words, until that singular repair, all went well
Re: Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. by Landsurveyor: 8:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
wouldn't have known.Bought the car Nigerian used.The lady only opened up to the engine replacement.Used the car for like two weeks before the problem came up.There might be replacements which I might not be aware of.
Re: Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. by AutoElectNG: 8:58pm On Sep 29, 2017
Landsurveyor:
Have had it up to here!re-wires ripping me off. My gear sticks to one gear,while on drive mode.It gearks when shifted to reverse and drive.The indicator light on the dash board (PRNDS) all lit up at once,but now it doesnt even show again. The gear is perfectly fine.Carried out a diagnosis on the gear.

Based on your last post above, I have no choice but to ask, when you say that the transmission was diagnosed, what equipment was used to do the diagnosis?

Can you get someone with a professional scan tool to re-scan that vehicle and then please post the codes. Clearly some form of physical inspection is required to get at the root of this problem.

But I would love to see what information can be obtained from a professional scan tool to obtain some picture albeit incomplete of what might be going on
Re: Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. by Landsurveyor: 9:27pm On Sep 29, 2017
by diagnosis on the gear,I mean manual checks like changing gear oil,filter, and checking the fibers.Had a perfect gear.scanning machines proved abortive;they dint get readings at all.Leading to one of the re-wires saying my brain box was fried.
Re: Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. by AutoElectNG: 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2017
Landsurveyor:
by diagnosis on the gear,I mean manual checks like changing gear oil,filter, and checking the fibers.Had a perfect gear.scanning machines proved abortive;they dint get readings at all.Leading to one of the re-wires saying my brain box was fried.

Does this vehicle start, run, drive except for this issue for which you seek a resolution?
Re: Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. by Landsurveyor: 9:39pm On Sep 29, 2017
yeah,the engine starts perfectly.It moves but only on one gear.central lock works e.t.c.Only this issue.
Re: Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. by diportivo: 7:26am On Sep 30, 2017
scan car with a vcds
Re: Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. by baconline(m): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2017
Call Maruf he is d best I know with Vag. He is at okeado 08035244466
Re: Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. by AutoElectNG: 8:42am On Oct 01, 2017
From everything you have said, please scan with vehicle with either a VCDS or a VAS6150B/C and revert.

Until then...your repair processes will not hit the intended mark

This is not a rewire issue, this requires a dedicated/trained VW professional capable of providing holistic solutions and not a roadside techie

Be ready to splurge to fix this vehicle

(1) (Reply)

Do I Need To Program This Module? / Ford Shelby 1000 Mustang Is A Powerful Beast With A Thousand Horsepower / Wanna Learn How To Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.