Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? (19725 Views)

Understanding your car's Check Engine light / Understanding your car's Check Engine light / Top 6 Reasons Your Check Engine Light May Be On And Also Blinking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2020
My check engine light has been on for weeks now. I know it's bad but I barely have time to visit a mechanic except for recently when I had a brain box issue.

The follow warnings are on my dashboard.

1. Check emisson system
2. Check Tire pressure sensor
3. Check ABS system
4. Check VSC system

That's all. I'm worried that this may not be the reasons why the check engine light is on.

I have ran a diagnostic scan and they pointed to the same things but this things are not easy fix cuz I drive an Acura and some of these things are not easy to comeby.

I know the emission system is a big issue cuz my car engine area is always very hot and I noticed some disconnection in some of those big pipes that channels air through the car but how do I best fix this! Help a brother.

Is it advisable to just wipe the warnings or I have to fix them cuz the guy that ran the diagnostic said he can just help me to wipe all the warnings and I won't have to worry anymore. Is that right sha!?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:01am On Dec 09, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
My check engine light has been on for weeks now. I know it's bad but I barely have time to visit a mechanic except for recently when I had a brain box issue.

1. Check emisson system
3. Check ABS system
4. Check VSC system

That's all. I'm worried that this may not be the reasons why the check engine light is on.

I have ran a diagnostic scan and they pointed to the same things but this things are not easy fix cuz I drive and Acura and some of these things are not easy to comeby.

I know the emission system is a big issue cuz my car engine area is always very hot and I noticed some disconnection in some of those big pipes that channels air through the car but how do I best fix this! Help a brother.

Is it advisable to just wipe the warnings or I have to fix them cuz the guy that ran the diagnostic said he can just help me to wipe all the warnings and I won't have to worry anymore. Is that right sha!?

Lmao.

First of all, change mechanics. Carry it to a good technician for him to fix.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:17am On Dec 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lmao.

First of all, change mechanics. Carry it to a good technician for him to fix.
Thanks bro. Will do just that

2 Likes

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by revived: 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
shocked

1 Like

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by AMvanquish: 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
He can wipe the errors away but it will be back before the week runs out. You still need to visit a good mechanic.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by NigPatriot(m): 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
shocked

I'm having same issues on my car. The Car sucks fuel too much.

I was told to exhaust is leaking don't know how realistic that is.

1 Like

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by santislim8(m): 5:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
shocked
Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by slawormiir: 5:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by lekki1444: 5:48pm On Dec 09, 2020
Oh ts nothing get an ODB2 scanner to clear the codes.. ABS and VSC are not auto essentials. they are only useful if you live in a country where there is snow on the ground. get an ODB2 scanner and clear the codes

tire pressure just check manually every week

emmision ? no wahala.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by 27Pushing30: 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2020
In my experience it’s always best to AVOID different hands touching your vehicle.

Don’t you have fellow car owner friends who can vouch for their mechs?

Sha be observant and NEVER go to work and leave your cars with mechs expecting to pick it up when you close.

Naxo issues upon issues dey start .

Pick a Saturday and sit down with the mech
Kelvin30286063:

Thanks bro. Will do just that

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by sanemind5(m): 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2020
Ok
Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by ehizzi(m): 5:50pm On Dec 09, 2020
Your tpms abs and vsa ( I think that's what u meant) are sensors u can live without though they do help.the tpms tells u when he tire pressure is low
Abs and vsa sensors help in detect when your vsa ( vehicle stability assist) isn't working and if something is wrong with ur abs
These parts shldnt be hard to get and fix
As for the emission if you noticed gaps in ur air intake u shld have it fixed asap .
Dnt bother wiping the codes it will only come back and in ignoring the emission warming y may damage ur engine further
Hope this helps

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by sloo1: 5:50pm On Dec 09, 2020
Fix the problems and the lights will go off. Personally, if I see any indicator on my dashboard I fix the problem immediately.

For ABS problem take your car to a good mechanic and insist they fix the ABS. It is easy to fix. Most mechanics will tell you that I doesn't matter but don't listen to them. It is important especially if you travel long distance with your vehicle.

For VSC, there is a VSC button under the left vent in some Acura models. The button is only useful when your VSC system is ok. If your tire is not good or not the same size as the original that came with the vehicle, the VSC indicator will activate. There are other faults that can activate the VSC indicator. Again a good mechanic will be able to dictate the fault and correct it.

For check emission, check if your EGR selonoid is covered with carbon. Again a good mechanic will help.

7 Likes

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by noeloge82(m): 5:50pm On Dec 09, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

1. Check emisson system
3. Check ABS system
4. Check VSC system

I have ran a diagnostic scan and they pointed to the same things but this things are not easy fix cuz I drive an Acura and some of these things are not easy to comeby.

The mechanic that said he can help u wipe the signs pls runnnnnnnnnnn from him , if he wipes the light signals he will collect his workmanship while the damage showing the warnings still remains

14 Likes

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by chloride6: 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2020
Person wey dey drive Acura wey no get standby mechanic be like person wey get belle wey no register for Ante Natal.

@Gazzuzz
@Oluwaseunla

Please help

20 Likes

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by igbowoman: 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2020
Mechanic nau haba
Is it every problem that must come online
Have people outsourced their brains to Seun Osewa's nairaland?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by lekki1444: 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2020
MisterKennedy:
Someone please help me... Do you know any legitimate online biz i can start in nigeria?
youtube

2 Likes

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by endsarrrs(f): 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2020
Call the car doctor smiley
Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by handsomeyinka(m): 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2020
Acura are prone to wiring issues.

What codes are you getting?
Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by prodigyy(m): 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2020
Come to my workshop.

It is located in my vjay grin

1 Like

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by sholay4star: 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2020
Nice
Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by SureProConcept(m): 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
F
Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by endsarrrs(f): 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2020
Yes! START YOUR OWN TOPIC
MisterKennedy:
Someone please help me... Do you know any legitimate online biz i can start in nigeria?
angry
Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by blinking001(m): 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2020
Avoid kazims

1 Like

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by Amotekun777: 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
Remove one of your battery wires for like 60 secs and put it back on. cool

1 Like

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by Simplebeauty: 6:03pm On Dec 09, 2020
grin
Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by Tammydivas: 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2020
MisterKennedy:

Check this www.500kin8days.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:06pm On Dec 09, 2020
Just avoid FEMI, KAZEEM AND TAYO...

2 Likes

Re: Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? by newschannel247: 6:07pm On Dec 09, 2020
Is the said car a Lexus? Mine had a faulty sensor, one of the wires was bad too. fixed that and all the errors except the tire pressure error disappeared. For the tire pressure sensor, check the spare tire if it has air and if properly guaged.

Kelvin30286063:

1. Check emisson system
3. Check ABS system
4. Check VSC system

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Normal Oil Temperature In A Car Engine And Water Temperature / Photographs Of Cars Belonging To Celebrities / Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.