Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

What Is The Worst Miss Work Excuse You Have Heard? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Worst Miss Work Excuse You Have Heard? (708 Views)

What Have You Heard Concerning Male Nurses / Here Is The Worst Thing You Can Do As An Employee / Five Of The Worst Ways To Motivate Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Worst Miss Work Excuse You Have Heard? by WorkLife: 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
Being a manager is not all that rosy no matter how powerful the position may seem. A manager has to bring out the best in his team, ensure they achieve a set goal, deal with underperforming employees, respond to a crisis, manage team crisis, terminating an employee's contract and so on. Very often, managers are given ridiculous excuses by their employees when they fail a task or commit some infraction.
Below are some of the excuses managers have received from their employees for not coming to work. They vary depending on the society or country.
1. Illness (the employee, their spouse, parents)
2. Their vicinity is flooded
3. Was robbed
4. Car developed some fault
5. Forced eviction by house owner
Oftentimes these excuses are not real. It is just the employee needing some personal time off to attend to issues he feels might not get management approval. Giving fake excuses are a tricky business; your manager might just decide to take a step further and investigate. When found out for missing work based on flimsy excuses, employees have been penalized. It is always best to be honest with your manager what you want the time off for. You don’t have to go into details, just say the truth.

Re: What Is The Worst Miss Work Excuse You Have Heard? by Oluwasaeon(m): 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2017
You won't need an excuse if you don't have a job

Re: What Is The Worst Miss Work Excuse You Have Heard? by BigBelleControl(m): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
I had an interview somewhere and called the office to tell them I went to see the dentist. I later turned up for the Office that day looking forlon. They took it.
Re: What Is The Worst Miss Work Excuse You Have Heard? by doughziay: 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
I can't make it to work sir, I won 600,000 naira from bet9ja. I Won't be working anymore. Thank you. Hangs up!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

4 Things To Do Before You Turn 30 / The API Kit / CCTV Technician Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.