Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix (22835 Views)

Professional Car Diagnosis And Repairs In Kaduna / Car Diagnosis And Repair (home Service) In Ibadan 08167469103.. / ❗️❗️Car Scanning/Diagnosis In Ibadan 08167469103 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by FreshMekanik: 2:30am On Oct 01, 2017
Following and learning

1 Like

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by Kashif(m): 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
A single cylinder misfire restricting engine rpm to 2000? Ruled out all electricals?

One thing with automobiles is that different things can cause same symptom. You apply your last fix, but may soon discover there is no silver bullet.

Meanwhile @Costee, I need to enrol for English classes, and you fit!
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2017
Kashif:
A single cylinder misfire restricting engine rpm to 2000? Ruled out all electricals?

One thing with automobiles is that different things can cause same symptom. You apply your last fix, but may soon discover there is no silver bullet.

Meanwhile @Costee, I need to enrol for English classes, and you fit!
Yeah, try malaria fever and typhoid fever for size.

As for the English classes....Well, I'm uncertificated to do that. But could always provide references grin
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:52am On Oct 02, 2017
diportivo, please take out one of your sparkplug wires on your nissan xeterra (cylinder 4 pls) drive round the block and give us feed back.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by diportivo: 9:35am On Oct 02, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
diportivo, please take out one of your sparkplug wires on your nissan xeterra (cylinder 4 pls) drive round the block and give us feed back.

right now I have an intermittent misfire...very noticeable wen engine is cold

iv driven it round 20blocks today already

feedback?......if u aren't the owner u wldnt even know there's a misfire undecided
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by autologic: 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
hi Peeps, we continue with another case as the owner of the Nissan pathfinder is yet to bring the car for further test !!!So we continue with the confirmation if a stuck swirl valve can cause rev issue with another Nissan pathfinder that we can laid our hands on !!
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by autologic: 4:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
Case 2 :Toyota Rav 4 2006

[b]Customer complaints
:Coolant level is reducing per 1 litre for every 30 km with no obvious leak .

Repair History
:Thermostat has been removed ,Radiator has been changed to double cell ,Radiator fan run director, Head Gasket has been replaced !!

Scope of work :Diagnose the reason for the leak
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by autologic: 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
Diagnosis approach

Physical Inspection:No obvious leak

Cooling system pressure test :No leak

Radiator cap integrity test : Pass
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by autologic: 4:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
Thought Process
Coolant leak issue can be only due to two sources
1.External leak
2.Internal leak
External leak are leak due to part of the cooling system eg leaking hose ,weak clips ,bad radiator cap,heater core,radiator etc
While internal leak are leaks internal to the engine :Head gasket leak ,crack engine bore ,crack cylinder, etc
Cooling pressure test can only confirm external leak %100 but cannot pick all cases of internal leak especially subtle internal leak
However ,cooling pressure test has confirmed cooling system integrity of external leak %100 so we will need to confirm internal leak !!
However ,internal leak doesn't just come up unless there has been previous incidence of overheating.Hence there is need to confirm from the customer if such issue has has occured before which the customer actually confirm the affirmative !!! So the possibility is there !!
But the headgasket has been replaced before but the cylinder head was grinded by sandpaper by previous mechanic shocked ( error 101)
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by autologic: 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
Internal Leak Diagnosis Diagnosis test
There are various method to diagnose internal leak .
Testing for compression of each cylinders is one of the method .This involve performing a compression check on each of the cylinder . But in this case the red flag that indicate that we have a diagnosis is "low compression within adjacent cylinder !!
low compression within adjacent cylinder is a indication of head gasket leak !!!!
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by afangsoup: 10:33am On Oct 04, 2017
diportivo:

right now I have an intermittent misfire...very noticeable wen engine is cold

iv driven it round 20blocks today already

feedback?......if u aren't the owner u wldnt even know there's a misfire undecided

They wan use fanciful equipment plus grammar to deceive car owners in the name of car workshop.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by autologic: 7:08am On Oct 05, 2017
afangsoup:

They wan use fanciful equipment plus grammar to deceive car owners in the name of car workshop.
You are part of the reason why we have it bad like this
https://www.nairaland.com/1431269/nigeria-ranked-among-countries-lowest#17990856 grin
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by diportivo: 10:15am On Oct 07, 2017
afangsoup:

na so

grin
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by autologic: 11:14am On Oct 07, 2017
diportivo:

na so

grin
Trolls are here unfortunately I don't feed troll
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by diportivo: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2017
autologic:

Trolls are here

if I were u

I wld respect myself

I don't need to troll u....especially on this issue

and I know why I'm saying that

best of luck wink
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by ForcefullBULL: 11:36am On Oct 07, 2017
i recently got Tokunbo 2011 Rav4. Actually the car was used by my brother in the US. So when i received the car i noticed the transmission fluid is black. so i contacted my brother who told me the i should worry that its been like that for many years and he had taken it Toyota who told him the transmission fluid does need replacement till around 100k-120k miles. current mileage is 72k

There are not issues with the transmission but i am just afraid about the colour.

honmusa kingreign
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:48am On Oct 07, 2017
ForcefullBULL:
i recently got Tokunbo 2011 Rav4. Actually the car was used by my brother in the US. So when i received the car i noticed the transmission fluid is black. so i contacted my brother who told me the i should worry that its been like that for many years and he had taken it Toyota who told him the transmission fluid does need replacement till around 100k-120k miles. current mileage is 72k

There are not issues with the transmission but i am just afraid about the colour.

honmusa kingreign

they want you to cross the warranty period then u are on your own. Drain and refill with W.S toyota transmission oil.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by fullman(m): 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2017
please I need an advise.
I have an acura mdx 2001 toks. Everything is OK.but noticed if I start the car and move the gear to R or D it jerks little not in a harsh way.After movement for sometime it doesn't do that again. Everyone says no problems. Just want to be sure.

Cc Gazzuz, honmusa, kingreign.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by mayor2013: 11:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
fullman:
please I need an advise.
I have an acura mdx 2001 toks. Everything is OK.but noticed if I start the car and move the gear to R or D it jerks little not in a harsh way.After movement for sometime it doesn't do that again. Everyone says no problems. Just want to be sure.

Cc Gazzuz, honmusa, kingreign.

There is problem. You could be having a transmission issue which appears mild but with time would generate into something else. Run a scan on transmission. Another area to check is your engine mounts
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by Inception(m): 12:45am On Oct 08, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

they want you to cross the warranty period then u are on your own. Drain and refill with W.S toyota transmission oil.

And replace filter.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by fullman(m): 6:15am On Oct 08, 2017
mayor2013:

There is problem. You could be having a transmission issue which appears mild but with time would generate into something else. Run a scan on transmission. Another area to check is your engine mounts
Thanks I will run a scan ang get back.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by afangsoup: 8:30am On Oct 30, 2017
You are a major reason for that drop in ranking. You claim you have equipment you knw nothing
autologic:

You are part of the reason why we have it bad like this
https://www.nairaland.com/1431269/nigeria-ranked-among-countries-lowest#17990856 grin

1 Like

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 9:45am On Oct 30, 2017
@afangsoup I agree but show any evidence of where u have been able to make any positive impact in nairalander life .so far we have some evidence happy and satisfied nairalander that are happy with our service and bringing smile to their face is what we are passionate about .
https://www.nairaland.com/3849627/honmusa-guru-when-it-comes
learn from this quote
"the difference we make in people life is eternal"

1 Like

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by afangsoup: 10:00am On Oct 30, 2017
honmusa:
@afangsoup I agree but show any evidence of where u have been able to make any positive impact in nairalander life .so far we have some evidence happy and satisfied nairalander that are happy with our services .
https://www.nairaland.com/3849627/honmusa-guru-when-it-comes
A lot of car shops don't need to blow their trumpet cos they know their onions, they don't need to use flashy and mighty grammar. They go straight to what's supposed to be done and get it done right. Check out Gazzuzz, check out Kingreign check out sooperrescue. They don't come out bragging. They know their onions.

Kingreign aka lomomike left Abuja came to Uyo on a holiday and to process some things. I literally had to drag him over to come diagnose my car, he not only did, but he corrected a lot of malfunction and fixed a lot of things. God bless him.

Look at Gazzuzz, touching lives positively and he is very meek and humble.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 10:12am On Oct 30, 2017
afangsoup:

A lot of car shops don't need to blow their trumpet cos they know their onions, they don't need to use flashy and mighty grammar. They go straight to what's supposed to be done and get it done right. Check out Gazzuzz, check out Kingreign check out sooperrescue. They don't come out bragging. They know their onions.

Kingreign aka lomomike left Abuja came to Uyo on a holiday and to process some things. I literally had to drag him over to come diagnose my car, he not only did, but he corrected a lot of malfunction and fixed a lot of things. God bless him.

Look at Gazzuzz, touching lives positively and he is very meek and humble.
I still have hundreds and hundreds of case study to update later that will reveal different diagnoses technique used ,equipment used ,and the thought process . I am not leaving yet, this is just the first step, I can assure you that this thread will hit 1000 pages very soon and if you have problem with that I will advice you to get busy ,help somebody cos therein is your fulfilment and stop being the sign post for other people that are providing help ,be the help itself so that this world can be a better place .
in autologic we don't settle for status quo,we in always in pursuits of excellence and CSI (continuous service improvement) and we welcome novel idea aligned with our mission statement and our target market is people with like mindset .unfortunate excellence is not a typical Nigeria culture and so it will be difficult to get everyone acceptance around here include people like you .
Finally ,We are passionate about what we do cos that is where we get our fulfilment hence will be difficult for us to stop showcasing and flouting what is giving us the leverage .

1 Like

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by torres89: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2017
selfish Nigerians

no one willing to accept another man's view

most people kept shouting swirl valve

well did any of you bother to read on the principle of compression and engine vacuum

let's stop being parts changers

what kind of mechanic looks up the internet for solutions

that's a very dull mechanic and I will say that anywhere.

owing to the fact that similar symptoms on two different vehicles will never or might not point out the main culprit.

checking the net should be very last resort.

only check the net for rare vehicles with silly cases.. not this easy one

the main problem here is this :

most peeps don't even understand the principle of pressure or engine compression I doubt if most of you guys understand the working principle of an engine

that's why most peeps here have a pile of return jobs
u even see cars lined up in their garage for as long as a year.
just because of their shallow knowledge on diagnosis

as for those of u who recommend the mechanic work on the engine, please kindly Access YouTube and watch videos on MRO facilities, then u will know y local mechanics shouldn't open your engine

am tempted to mention so called big names here who have a very shallow knowledge on diagnosis and can't tackle complex issues .
but I won't
and no one should force me too

cause have being to their garage and studied their work ethics

iin fact let me just stop

honmusa is the best

1 Like

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by mayor2013: 8:42pm On Oct 30, 2017
torres89:
selfish Nigerians

well did any of you bother to read on the principle of compression and engine vacuum

owing to the fact that similar symptoms on two different vehicles will never or might not point out the main culprit.

most peeps don't even understand the principle of pressure or engine compression I doubt if most of you guys understand the working principle of an engine

as for those of u who recommend the mechanic work on the engine, please kindly Access YouTube and watch videos on MRO facilities, then u will know y local mechanics shouldn't open your engine

am tempted to mention so called big names here who have a very shallow knowledge on diagnosis and can't tackle complex issues .
but I won't

honmusa is the best

I want those names mentioned
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by nurey(m): 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2017
Unfortunately cartalk has gone to the dogs where people now take sides and political party, everyone is just fuming and it makes me think whether people have been bribed to praise some people.

I hope we can shed the scales off our eyes and start technical question asking and real time knowledge sharing. I don't want to talk too much so am not accused of taking sides or bashing anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
torres89:
selfish Nigerians

but I won't

honmusa is the best

Pls no hate speech !
The main essence of this thread is to educate and to have fun and not to bring down anybody or cause division .we all belong to same family of car talk and we all learning together .
What I am simply showcasing is simply best practise in automobile Diagnostics and compilation of knowledge base for aspiring technician that appreciate professionalism.
Let learn to show leadership by appreciating all and ignoring trolls.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by chukel(m): 7:56am On Oct 31, 2017
Read the whole thread and all I can do is smh. cry

1 Like

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by chukel(m): 8:12am On Oct 31, 2017
torres89:
selfish Nigerians

well did any of you bother to read on the principle of compression and engine vacuum 2

as for those of u who recommend the mechanic work on the engine, please kindly Access YouTube and watch videos on MRO facilities, then u will known y local mechanics shouldn't open your engine 3

but I won't

honmusa is the best 4

did you actually read this before posting. You just made a caricature of your self. I numbered your goofs. 1. What is Internet meant for and why is ur oga even advertising his feat here on the Internet. The number 1 bolded shows you were sent.
2. Where will you read the principle of compression and engine vacuum if not on the Internet. You are really not smart.
3.you still referred us to the Internet to watch youtube. What are you even saying.
4. You finally exposed yourself. Like I said earlier, you are not smart.
If you noticed along the line, poster said misfire was intermittent. He said loss of compression is responsible for misfire. Is loss of compression intermittent too? Meanwhile, the symptom that brought the car to the workshop was constant. Op, just listen to other people's input. No one is an island of knowledge. Overseas, when intermittent issues are brought to the technician, they try to simulate the problem or probable cause of the problem to produce the presenting symptom. Only cylinder 1 misfire will not make that car go into limp mode. I have an infiniti Qx4 2002 that has cylinder 1 misfire. I'm the only one that knows that cos I scanned it. You can only notice that subtly on idle.

4 Likes

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by afangsoup: 9:27am On Oct 31, 2017
honmusa:

[s]I still have hundreds and hundreds of case study to update later that will reveal different diagnoses technique used ,equipment used ,and the thought process . I am not leaving yet, this is just the first step, I can assure you that this thread will hit 1000 pages very soon and if you have problem with that I will advice you to get busy ,help somebody cos therein is your fulfilment and stop being the sign post for other people that are providing help ,be the help itself so that this world can be a better place .
in autologic we don't settle for status quo,we in always in pursuits of excellence and CSI (continuous service improvement) and we welcome novel idea aligned with our mission statement and our target market is people with like mindset .unfortunate excellence is not a typical Nigeria culture and so it will be difficult to get everyone acceptance around here include people like you .
Finally ,We are passionate about what we do cos that is where we get our fulfilment hence will be difficult for us to stop showcasing and flouting what is giving us the leverage[/s] .

Blabbering

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bola Ige Mechatronics Institute, BIMI, Osun, World Class Mechatronics Institute / 2009 Honda Accord / Install Car Tracking Devices In Your Vehicles (it's Important)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.