Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix (22813 Views)

Professional Car Diagnosis And Repairs In Kaduna / Car Diagnosis And Repair (home Service) In Ibadan 08167469103.. / ❗️❗️Car Scanning/Diagnosis In Ibadan 08167469103 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by praxisnetworks: 10:12am On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

Yes it is butter pill to swallow cos some considerable cost is involved ,emotion will set in natural but should not be allowed to cloud our thinking faculty. we need to be objective and logical in some decision making not to sacrifice standard and safety on the alter of era of buhari ecocomy!!
1. No magic can make a genuine and manufacturer spec standard engine overall become exactly like the manufacture built engine and will incur near the same cost.
(This is low end engine overhaul not top end) !!!
The resources that will goes toward sourcing for a good tokunbo engine like almost new for that particular engine will ultimately be cheaper than going through the time consuming process of undergoing genuine engine rebuilt that will rival manufacturer standard .
It will eventually be a win win situation for us and customer in term of quality and cost which is part of our mission statement
2.In autologic ,we are so conscious about safety and quality and we are not ready to compromise that #safetyfirst !!!!And to minimize return jobs to zero!!#quality
We want to minimize your cost as much as possible which is why we made huge investment in diagnosis to minimise wrong part swapping!!

How much is the engine now? Plus transmission too?
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by praxisnetworks: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

Yes it is butter pill to swallow cos some considerable cost is involved ,emotion will set in natural but should not be allowed to cloud our thinking faculty. we need to be objective and logical in some decision making not to sacrifice standard and safety on the alter of era of buhari ecocomy!!
1. No magic can make a genuine and manufacturer spec standard engine overall become exactly like the manufacture built engine and will incur near the same cost.
(This is low end engine overhaul not top end) !!!
The resources that will goes toward sourcing for a good tokunbo engine like almost new for that particular engine will ultimately be cheaper than going through the time consuming process of undergoing genuine engine rebuilt that will rival manufacturer standard .
It will eventually be a win win situation for us and customer in term of quality and cost which is part of our mission statement
2.In autologic ,we are so conscious about safety and quality and we are not ready to compromise that #safetyfirst !!!!And to minimize return jobs to zero!!#quality
We want to minimize your cost as much as possible which is why we made huge investment in diagnosis to minimise wrong part swapping!!
However I hope you know that some cars will refuse to revv beyond 1500-2000rpm due to a variety of reasons? Most of which do not require a engine change!! BMW, Mercedes, etc
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 10:14am On Sep 30, 2017
Costee:
I intend to enter no polemic either, but I think in dismissing P1130 you proceeded by killing a fly with a sledge hammer. Scour the net, and you'll find it characteristic of the Pathfinder and QX4. Everybody who had it solved it because they found it ultimately easy. The Pathfinder of your client had all the symptoms. In no instance was was the worn piston/engine oil theory a causative factor (at any rate, they would always use the"recommended oil"wink, and neither was there a need for a whole engine to be replaced because of that small valve and gadgets working with it. A misfire code can be triggered by many many things, and I think by making it the central path of your diagnosis in this case you predetermined your conclusions. Endeavour to check that code (P1130) well and be convinced that it plays no part in this issue before advising your client to change his VQ35 engine. Why you intend to disparage/denigrate it as a "reference code" I'll never understand. I have and do understand Nissan's Factory Service Manual (not owner's manual), so I know what I'm about.
I don't intend to say more..............Well, until perhaps the next Nissan case
categorizing P1130 has a reference means that there is nothing wrong with the sensor involved it is working perfectly !!Engine computer automatically triggers some DTC if it cannot place where the issue is coming from !!
I hope to have my own YouTube channel very soon when all this can be shown practically cos something cannot be shown on forum except live video but I will still send some screenshot to prove this assertion!!
Hope the issue of P1130 has been settle once and for all !!
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 10:18am On Sep 30, 2017
praxisnetworks:

However I hope you know that some cars will refuse to revv beyond 1500-2000rpm due to a variety of reasons? Most of which do not require a engine change!! BMW, Mercedes, etc
what i don't want to engage is unending loop of argument cos all these had been addressed in the report !!!
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by praxisnetworks: 10:20am On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

what i don't want to engage is unending loop of argument cos all these had been addressed in the report !!!
I may be changing one soon. Please what's the cost of the engine and transmission? Thanks.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by nurey(m): 10:22am On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

categorizing P1130 has a reference means that there is nothing wrong with the sensor involved it is working perfectly !!Engine computer automatically triggers some DTC if it cannot place where the issue is coming from !!
I hope to have my own YouTube channel very soon when all this can be shown practically cos something cannot be shown on forum except live video but I will still send some screenshot to prove this assertion!!

You missed my modified comment because of the ban on the other moniker, the P1130 should not be over looked at all in actual fact the symptoms you describe of the car actually points to that direction.

The swirl valve is the cause but not because it was damaged but because the ECU was faulty which left the car in limp mode. The same guy who tackled this issue change the cam sensors, plugs, air filter, played around with MAF. The actual culprit was ECU and after that the car passed the 2rpm on its own

1 Like

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by praxisnetworks: 10:25am On Sep 30, 2017
InspiredM good to see you here...

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 10:32am On Sep 30, 2017
nurey:

You missed my modified comment because of the ban on the other moniker, the P1130 should not be over looked at all in actual fact the symptoms you describe of the car actually points to that direction.

The swirl valve is the cause but not because it was damaged but because the ECU was faulty which left the car in limp mode. The same guy who tackled this issue change the cam sensors, plugs, air filter, played around with MAF. The actual culprit was ECU and after that the car passed the 2rpm on its own
Nice analyses but the intermittent misfire is actually the cause of the reference code which I will prove to u later !!
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by praxisnetworks: 10:34am On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

Nice analyses but the intermittent misfire is actually the cause of the reference code which I will prove to u later !!
I don't want to engage in flip flops...but I strongly believe that engine change is an Overkill. But you're yet to answer my question about the engine and transmission cost.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

In what way have your tests demonstrated the code has reference value, when you didn't deign to look the valve over.
No sir, you've not done enough to sound the immodest claim that the issue has been settled with all finality.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

Nice too. I assure you the reverse is the case. Misfire is generic, caused by sundry metered gadgets.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by nurey(m): 11:05am On Sep 30, 2017
Costee:

In what way have your tests demonstrated the code has reference value, when you didn't deign to look the valve over.
No sir, you've not done enough to sound the immodest claim that the issue has been settled with all finality.

Nissan giving technicians headache since 1800BC grin, I think pointing diagnosis in the right direction is better than condemning his approach (no insult intended ooo)

Honmusa is a pro in his work but we are all humans, we could actually miss a step it doesn't make one bad, it's just what it is.

Honmusa, you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the P1130 isn't the culprit please in a lay man's term you know I am too techy.

Cc GAZZUZZ, mayor2013, Kingreign make una come learn work
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 11:07am On Sep 30, 2017
nurey:

your own analysis is damaged ecu or swirl control ??
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 11:11am On Sep 30, 2017
nurey:

Nissan giving technicians headache since 1800BC grin, I think pointing diagnosis in the right direction is better than condemning his approach (no insult intended ooo)

Honmusa is a pro in his work but we are all humans, we could actually miss a step it doesn't make one bad, it's just what it is.

Honmusa, you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the P1130 isn't the culprit please in a lay man's term you know I am too techy.

Cc GAZZUZZ, mayor2013, Kingreign make una come learn work
actually i like this cos we are learning ,i will do another case to prove that swirl controls nor ecu are responsible !!
I have actually solve similarly issue if u must know cc:ivoryhouse
In addition that particular cylinder is already soaking plugs heavily !!
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

actually i like this cos we are learning...!
That's the spirit, though nurey certainly read between the lines (for which he will be trounced soon wink) "alleging" that I was condemning your approach.
Since this engine is about to be buried, let's have the next case study grin
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by menstrualpad: 11:57am On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

actually i like this cos we are learning ,i will do another case to prove that swirl controls nor ecu are responsible !!
I have actually solve similarly issue if u must know cc:ivoryhouse
In addition that particular cylinder is already soaking plugs heavily !!
How much for the engine.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2017
menstrualpad:
How much for the engine.
170-180k
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by menstrualpad: 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

170-180k
Plus transmission?
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by nurey(m): 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2017
Costee:

That's the spirit, though nurey certainly read between the lines (for which he will be trounced soon wink) "alleging" that I was condemning your approach.
Since this engine is about to be buried, let's have the next case study grin

Make him bring the engine come your crib so you can show me the way, at least it will get my mind off Nigeria problems grin
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by menstrualpad: 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2017
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by nurey(m): 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

your own analysis is damaged ecu or swirl control ??

If it's one thing I learned from my Nissan Almera, it is perseverance and patience. Nissan diagnosis is test, confirm, retest reconfirm, ponder about result then retest again something as little as a wire off the socket can give symptoms not expected.

I actually sort out the code since Costee kept on hammering it I just wanted to know what it was about. The result came out as swirl valve, I don't even know what that was but no knowledge is wasted (I followed the links because this car type could be my next ride God willing).

The link I followed had same steps you said had been taken before and even more were added by a Nissan expert to the solution but the car owner kept telling him those things had been done and no improvement. The car owner came back that he just changed the ECU Pam the car was as good as new, my thought was now that if the ECU was bad why will it be able to store DTC until I remembered someone had an issue with a kia cerator of plugs and misfire and GAZZUZZ said he should change the ECU that it was the culprit.

Sometimes car diagnosis can be funny, it's not mostly about the amount of gadgets you can lay your hands on, it's about the benefit of a doubt. Don't over look that code.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2017
Case 2 :Toyota Rav 4 2006

Customer complaints :Coolant level is reducing per 1 litre for every 12 km with no obvious leak .
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2017
a misfire oncylinder 4 will not cause vehicle not to rev past 2rpm. I like your approach to solving issues, but you are most likely going to have same result with a new engine (been there done that on same vehicle)

Look beyond the misfire.

4 Likes

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
a misfire oncylinder 4 will not cause vehicle not to rev past 2rpm. I like your approach to solving issues, but you are most likely going to have same result with a new engine (been there done that on same vehicle)

Look beyond the misfire.

like I said earlier ,I have a similar case before ,it was a misfire issue from a single cylinder that the car refuse to rev beyond 2000 rpm. so from that background knowledge I know it possible for misfire to cause this issue even without any diagnoses .But I am not even using that as basis for this one as I have already done my own critically work on it before making my definite diagnosis.
however I have already sent for the car and I will make open all my test on the electrical on Monday
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

like I said earlier ,I have a similar issue before cc:ivory house

Good luck bro wink
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Good luck bro wink
thanks
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2017
nurey:

If it's one thing I learned from my Nissan Almera, it is perseverance and patience. Nissan diagnosis is test, confirm, retest reconfirm, ponder about result then retest again something as little as a wire off the socket can give symptoms not expected.

I actually sort out the code since Costee kept on hammering it I just wanted to know what it was about. The result came out as swirl valve, I don't even know what that was but no knowledge is wasted (I followed the links because this car type could be my next ride God willing).

The link I followed had same steps you said had been taken before and even more were added by a Nissan expert to the solution but the car owner kept telling him those things had been done and no improvement. The car owner came back that he just changed the ECU Pam the car was as good as new, my thought was now that if the ECU was bad why will it be able to store DTC until I remembered someone had an issue with a kia cerator of plugs and misfire and GAZZUZZ said he should change the ECU that it was the culprit.

Sometimes car diagnosis can be funny, it's not mostly about the amount of gadgets you can lay your hands on, it's about the benefit of a doubt. Don't over look that code.
We will revisit the testing of the solenoid on Monday !!!
So the focus of the test and experiment is if it possible for the P1130 to be responsible for the rev issue !!
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2017
menstrualpad:

Plus transmission?
Not possible sir unless something is the wrong with them !!
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by menstrualpad: 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

Not possible sir unless something is the wrong with them !!
So how much would it be with transmission?
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2017
menstrualpad:

So how much would it be with transmission?
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by menstrualpad: 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

Is it same price with the VG33 in the 99 Pathfinder?
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
Before I get the swirl solenoid test maybe we get some background information on it so that testing will be easily understood by all and sundry !!
Swirl control is basically a variable Intake manifold control system just for performance purpose!!
There a lot of implementation of variable air intake control system by different manufacturer namely
BMw:DiSA
Toyota :variable Induction system
ACURA:Variable Volume induction
Etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bola Ige Mechatronics Institute, BIMI, Osun, World Class Mechatronics Institute / Install Car Tracking Devices In Your Vehicles (it's Important) / 2009 Honda Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.