Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Psychology:a Mad Man's Theory Or A Scientific Method? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Psychology:a Mad Man's Theory Or A Scientific Method? (765 Views)

Photo: Mad Man Turns Bus Stop Shelter To Home / Mad Man Takes Over Council Office In Akwa Ibom / What A Mad Man Did To Guy Because He Refused To Give Him Money (Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Psychology:a Mad Man's Theory Or A Scientific Method? by Chinda02(f): 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2010
It all started when i read Jeffery Archer's book, the sequel to kane and abel 'the prodigal daughter',where one of the character told his daughter who wanted to study psychology that it was just an excuse to talk about herself for the next 3 years.I got into a heated argument with a psychology student in my school,believe me anybody that studies this course never leaves the same-in a negative way-their thinking is so warped and they try to put a name to every abnormal human behavior,imagine Carl Jung(one of psychology founding fathers) tryin to explain Hitler's atrocities,saying he has a double complex,reading up, i discovered that both Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung are both raving lunatics.please read up on these men. Thats why the west is so warped-tryin to put a name to every killer,rapist,pervert(psychos) actions.What is good is good and what is bad is bad,imagine if every emotionally down,depressed person goes on a rampage. I favour the church's method of exorcism-abnormal human tendencies can only be taken care of by the church-my opinion but i'm yet to meet someone to convince me otherwise.U leave a psychologist office more confused than when u came, what do u think about psychology?
Re: Psychology:a Mad Man's Theory Or A Scientific Method? by emorse(m): 9:51am On Mar 06, 2010
As u said, this is ur opinion. U have a rite 2 it. But I fink psychology is 1 course worth studying even if its just a little. U can speak in English probably because u grew up in an English - speaking environment. Wat I mean is, ur attributes can be traced back 2 the factors surrounding u. Nothing happens for nothing. Psychologists try 2 find out these factors. So my advice 2 u is try and open up ur mind. U'll discover that it trully is a very interesting field of study.
Re: Psychology:a Mad Man's Theory Or A Scientific Method? by Chinda02(f): 1:13pm On Mar 06, 2010
@emorse,tanks but do those factors surrounding someone make them who they are?.my problem wit psychology is that it tries to put a name to evil deeds-'mentally unstable' ' emotionally imbalance' 'not psychologically sound'.we all can tell white from black.
Re: Psychology:a Mad Man's Theory Or A Scientific Method? by emorse(m): 4:24pm On Mar 06, 2010
Chinda02:

@emorse,tanks but do those factors surrounding someone make them who they are?.my problem wit psychology is that it tries to put a name to evil deeds-'mentally unstable' ' emotionally imbalance' 'not psychologically sound'.we all can tell white from black.
I believe you'll agree with me that those factors influence who we are. IMO, that is as good as making us who we are.
You'll also agree with me that we all have our "white and black sides". If you don't, try pushing a good man till his back is against the wall, As for the different names they (psychologists) give to those "evil deeds", how else can they explain them to you as professionals?

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Assist Me On My I.t / What Happened In Your Area During The Election? / Vicdayle Resources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.