Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) (22662 Views)

Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband / Live Interrogation Of 31 Yr Old Man Of How He Murdered His Live-in Lover. / Prostitutes Go Wild In Ondo, Beat Up Customer And Injure A Peacemaker (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by Islie: 8:42pm On Sep 30, 2017
Posted By: Kunle AKINRINADE

It was tragedy at sunrise in the Agosi area of Ifo in Ogun State, after a 31-year-old man, Yinka Adewoyin, was beaten to death while he was trying to make peace between two men during a scuffle.

The incident happened penultimate Thursday.

Sources said Adewoyin was returning from a beer joint with some of his friends when they sighted two men identified as Kazeem aka Down gear and Mopo brutalising an elderly mechanic called Mukaila Lasisi.

Kazeem was said to have reprimanded Lasisi for working on a truck parked along the road. He was said to have ordered the removal of the truck from the road, a request Lasisi turned down on the grounds that he was not the owner of the vehicle.

Lasisi’s response allegedly irked Kazeem, who in a fit of fury pounced on Lasisi and beat him up.

It was at this junction that Adewoyin, who was passing by intervened and pleaded with Kazeem and his friend, Mopo to leave Lasisi alone.

The duo however queried Adewoyin’s audacity to intervene and beat him mercilessly till he fell down, hit his head on the ground and passed into a coma.

His assailants allegedly bolted while Adewoyin was taken to a nearby private hospital by bystanders.

He was said to have died at the undisclosed hospital three days after he was admitted.

An eyewitness who asked not to be named, said: ‘’It was an unfortunate incident. I was the one who reported the incident at the nearest police station. I later led some policemen to Kazeem’s shop in order to arrest him, but he was nowhere to be found.

When we called his mobile telephone number, he said he has travelled to Kaduna.

When he was asked to report to the station because of the man he beat to death, he cut off the conversation and hung up.”

The deceased was described by one of his former trainees, Tosin, as humble and respectful. He said: “Throughout my stay with him as apprentice, he did not fight with anyone. I was therefore shocked when I was told on the telephone that he was killed during a scuffle.”

Police spokesman, Abimbola Oyeyemi was not reachable on his mobile telephone line at press time.

http://thenationonlineng.net/31-yr-old-peacemaker-killed-scuffle-ogun-community/

lalasticlala
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by Baawaa(m): 8:52pm On Sep 30, 2017
May he soul rest in peace,but there is lesson for us to learn in this story,we should be careful of how we settle fight.

3 Likes

Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
Blessed are the Peacemakers for they are the sons of God.
This is why you shouldn't go alone to settle fight. My uncle once got hit on the head with a bucket just because he tried settling a fight between a man and his wife. The wife thought it was the man that was coming in and fiam a plastic bucket broke on my uncle's head. I wonder what would have happened to him if it was those iron pail she used to hit his head. Me I always settle fight from afar o, I don't go near them.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by tillaman(m): 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
Terrible
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
Gobe, which kyn wahala be this na. There is a saying in my native dialect which says that whenever death........ I no fit type, see am here
http://www.fototech.com.ng/understanding-cameras-metering-mode/
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2017
na wa oh
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by jamesbridget13(f): 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2017
Chai! Its a pity

1 Like

Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by akanbiaa(m): 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2017
What can be done when a state Government or Governor refuses to pay gratuity especially of the deceased to their next of kins for many years is it patience or what? TARABA STATE IN QUESTION.
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by dopemama(f): 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2017
May their wicked souls not go unpunished!! Rip to the dead!

1 Like

Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by amunkita(m): 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2017
Beer parlor to death
This world get as e be ooooo...

On a serious note, beer was a contributory factor to his death, else he would ve fled or defended himself but beer has a way of making u loose guard of ursef...

RIP Peacemaker, hope u make peace btw God nd Nigeria, so that we can ve a true Leader soon....

1 Like

Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by ndiboy01(m): 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2017
Islie:

http://thenationonlineng.net/31-yr-old-peacemaker-killed-scuffle-ogun-community/

If he has not bath you this
year you are in a wrong
relationship... leave.
#benny
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by oshe11: 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2017
he has pissfully exited

Good tin is he wont hear Buhari's Speech
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by Oluwaseyi00(m): 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2017
Hmmm
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by BuhariNaWah: 9:50pm On Sep 30, 2017
Buhari Don enter country again!

Bad things don begin happen.

Chai, BUHARI na wah

2 Likes

Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by adebayo201: 9:50pm On Sep 30, 2017
what a world
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by Iceberg3: 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2017
Magana de la coneheads
rip sha

2 Likes

Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2017
AryaSand:
This is why you shouldn't go alone to settle fight. My uncle once got hit on the head with a bucket just because he tried settling a fight between a man and his wife. The wife thought it was the man that was coming in and fiam a plastic bucket broke on my uncle's head. I wonder what would have happened to him if it was those iron pail she used to hit his head. Me I always settle fight from afar o, I don't go near them.
I don't even settle fights when I see one. When they get tired, they stop.

1 Like

Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by hatchy(f): 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2017
Buhari see what you have caused?

It will not be well with APC!

Quote me and Buhari dirty boxers fall on you.

5 Likes

Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2017
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by McDee01(m): 9:57pm On Sep 30, 2017
Cowards!! Bunch of Cowards!!
So the people that carried him to the hospital was just there watching till the young man was beaten to comma??
What a community we live in these days!! SMH!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by SirLakes: 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2017
AryaSand:
grin
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by SirLakes: 10:00pm On Sep 30, 2017
That's y I always mind my own biznez

You fight I watch from afar and I make fun of the moment. cheesy

I cannot come and go and die

1 Like

Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 30, 2017
all na jihadists
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by muffyt05: 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2017
I remember an old man's saying in my village, though late,he'll say in Ijebu language "ma ja (don't fight), ma woja (don't stand and watch when there's a fight), ma muja (don't separate a fight), ma duro nibiti onija tinja (don't ever stay wherever there's a fight). This has been my principle for decades and its working perfectly for me cos if I'm not gonna fight,then I got no business where there's a fight.
That reminds me of one big bros,egbon get money wella and was about travelling outta the country only for him to go settle a fight caused by one of his friends at a club and while the friend was about to be stabbed,the guy dogded and the bottle landed on egbon's cheek,narrowly missed his eyeballs. Till date egbo's face's so disfigured that if he had no money,no babe will ever look @ his side.

4 Likes

Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by ZorGBUooeh: 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by point5: 10:14pm On Sep 30, 2017
Wat a poor guy...RIP
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by ofiko123(m): 10:14pm On Sep 30, 2017
peace making gone wrong....
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by point5: 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2017
Some afonjas wud be like,,if he has minded his business,dis wudnt have happened..Nigeria which way..Police now comes after damaged..me now be like..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by ipobarecriminals: 10:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
sad BLESSED ARE THE PEACEMAKERS FOR THEY SHALL BE CALLED THE CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH GOD
Re: 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) by AleksAndria: 10:35pm On Sep 30, 2017
So, some people still separate fights. It is well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Xenophobia: Nigerian Man Killed In Polokwane, South Africa (Screenshots) / EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) / Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.