Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo (57493 Views)

Ibadan: Completed 7.3 Km Agodi Gate-old Ife Road-adegbayi Junction(pics) / Hilarious Warning Sign At A Zoo In Abeokuta (photo) / Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by kayo80(m): 3:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
Wow! Kinda like what i wrote about in this story..https://www.nairaland.com/3629377/valentines-day-zoo-short-story

I actually wrote the story after visiting the Agodi zoo.
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
later some people will say Nigerians love killing animals that comes there way... This is animal killing human being now.. keep shouting extinction when you're faced or opportuned to kill any

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Bluffly: 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
Is closing the Zoo the next line of action. Hmm Africa has a long way to go to achieve a meaningful development
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Afritop(m): 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2017
HAVING A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH A LION IS SUICIDE

2 Likes

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
I was there some days back. The Lions were roaring vehemently and youd know they were terribly hungry. A family turned back at the entrance of the zoo whe the noice of the Lions was so heavy.

I think its starvation that caursed the attack nothing else

3 Likes

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by MaryBenn(f): 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
Darray:

There is a zoo inside Agodi gardens.
I never knew Agodi has a zoo o shocked
And I've been there
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by MaryBenn(f): 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
tamethem:
I was there some days back. The Lions were roaring vehemently and youd know they were terribly hungry. A family turned back at the entrance of the zoo whe the noice of the Lions was so heavy.

I think its starvation that caursed the attack nothing else

Please where exactly is the zoo? Cuz I've been there n I didn't see any zoo. Is it close to the pool? Abi where?
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
MaryBenn:

Please where exactly is the zoo? Cuz I've been there n I didn't see any zoo. Is it close to the pool? Abi where?

When you enter the compound its at the far left . The pool is straight ahead.
You wouldnt know there is a Zoo there becausr u will need to pass thru a small bush.

2 Likes

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by drdanny(m): 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
Has the Lion been "arrested" and interrogated to ascertain what caused the "accident"?

Rip to the poor man... Killed by a Lion... **Braveheart**

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Neddyogu(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2017
This is what happens when they divert money meant to buy goats for lions and feed them okporoko instead. RIP to d dead

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Uwem2009(m): 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
I was in that same Agodi zoo, two weeks ago,those lions were not smiling at all.

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by joinnow: 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2017
Uwem2009:
I was in that same Agodi zoo, two weeks ago,those lions were not smiling at all.
Looking at the lion on the background show the lion was also hit by deep recession.
It seem Baba don seriously reduce it's weekly ration.
Lion don warn Baba but he did not do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by NSK4U(m): 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
too pity, RIP

Do your Registration and Training for all
INTERNATIONAL EXAMS including TOEFL,
IELTS, GMAT, SAT1, GRE, PTE, SAT2. @

GLOBAL VISION INTERNATIONAL
EDUCATION & TRAVELS.

We accept ZERO DEPOSIT { ie Get your VISA to
America, Canada, France, UK, etc from us before
you pay} from our clients that wish to go on
vacation, work, or visit any of the
aforementioned countries and more. for further
info, call/whatsap us via 08145705687.
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Ehinmola(m): 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2017
scoty2910:
Oyo Govt Closes Agodi Zoo

The Oyo State Government has announced the immediate closure of Agodi Zoo.

The government said this decision is based on the report received from the company managing the Zoo, AM & C, that one of the lions at the Zoo had accidentally attacked one of the attendants, Mr. Hamzat Oyekunle popularly known as Baba Olorunwa, who later died from injuries sustained from the incident.

Meanwhile, the lions have been evacuated pending further investigations.

The government decision was contained in a statement at the weekend by the Executive Secretary, Bureau of Investment Promotion (BIP), Mr. Yinka Fatoki who expressed shock at the unfortunate incident.

He said that the incident is particularly surprising and sad as the said Mr. Oyekunle had fed the lion for over five years and was known to have had a very good relationship with all the animals in the zoo.

Meanwhile, government representatives have visited the family to commiserate with them over the demise of Mr. Oyekunle.

--

'Toye Arulogun
Hon Commissioner,
Min.of Info., Culture & Tourism,
Oyo State Government
. Lion are not domestic no matter the familiarity. Although its painful to die this way but then let all learn a lesson.
R.I.P to the departed soul
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by wtfcoded: 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
boostdom:
The primordial impulse of domesticated feral animals. Takes thousands of years to breed that out.
u took weed bro?
Isn't it nice when u take that shii?
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by davillian(m): 5:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
Wild animals will display such behaviour sooner or later.

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by hatedisplace: 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
dingbang:
When u have untrained staff, this is the result..
no body is above mistake. Things like dis happen in zoo.
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by arabaribiti(m): 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
Who want investigate who
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by BumbleBee007: 6:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
WOW!!!!
I was there in September, on a sunday afternoon where i witnessed the deceased feeding the lions. I remember the dude very well...
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
boostdom:
The primordial impulse of domesticated feral animals. Takes thousands of years to breed that out.
Ahhh...I think I am in love kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Gurusblend(m): 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
boostdom:

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by midehi2(f): 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
boostdom:
grin

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
Good lawd...my mentions on this thread.
Primordial - earliest stage of development of an organism
Impulse - an unreflective/gut urge to act
Feral - animal in a wild state
I see the humour tho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by supereagle(m): 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
scoty2910:
Oyo Govt Closes Agodi Zoo

The Oyo State Government has announced the immediate closure of Agodi Zoo.

The government said this decision is based on the report received from the company managing the Zoo, AM & C, that one of the lions at the Zoo had accidentally attacked one of the attendants, Mr. Hamzat Oyekunle popularly known as Baba Olorunwa, who later died from injuries sustained from the incident.

Meanwhile, the lions have been evacuated pending further investigations.

The government decision was contained in a statement at the weekend by the Executive Secretary, Bureau of Investment Promotion (BIP), Mr. Yinka Fatoki who expressed shock at the unfortunate incident.

He said that the incident is particularly surprising and sad as the said Mr. Oyekunle had fed the lion for over five years and was known to have had a very good relationship with all the animals in the zoo.

Meanwhile, government representatives have visited the family to commiserate with them over the demise of Mr. Oyekunle.

--

'Toye Arulogun
Hon Commissioner,
Min.of Info., Culture & Tourism,
Oyo State Government

I am only aware of UI zoo in Ibadan where is the location of this one in Ibadan? I know the amusement park as well.
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by islandmoon: 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
boostdom:
I dont have time for nonsense, I will fire you again and again, hire you and sack you again!!!

to employ you as one of the director means I must employ someone to be interpreting whatever you say, I can not employ another person to be checking dictionary! i rather sack you
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by islandmoon: 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
Chartey:

The fact that people on this thread don't understand this simple statement shows how bad our educational system is.

sho ro niyen!!
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Wuminity(f): 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

♤ Too bad

♤Lions don't make friends
Hello bro, long time.
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Ryabcool(m): 9:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
Chartey:

The fact that people on this thread don't understand this simple statement shows how bad our educational system is.
I was simply lost for words when I saw those comments. I weep for our nation's future. embarassed cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by sigmundfreud(m): 10:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
boostdom:
Sweet read...I want more cool

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
sigmundfreud:
Sweet read...I want more cool
C'mon man, you are Sigmund Freud...the father of psychoanalysis.

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2017
vivaciousvivi:
Ahhh...I think I am in love kiss
Lol...women like you are a brother's kryptonite.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FRSC Official Crushed By A Moving Tanker While Chasing Bus Driver (graphic Pic) / See The African Passport AU Launched / Promise Me You Will Come Back - Nigerian Lady Cries At The Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.