Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children (796 Views)

Do Christains Even Knows That GOD Took A Process To Build This Earth / Why Do Christains Lie So As To Appear Holier Than Thou? / Why It Is Wrong For Christains To Pay Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 5:51am On Oct 01, 2017
why do christian parents always force there children to church? why can't they allow the children to choose the religion they want and the church they want to go to?
Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by hopefulLandlord: 6:00am On Oct 01, 2017
I don't think its a "Christian" thing though
it's prevalent in all religions I know of

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by kelvine(m): 6:05am On Oct 01, 2017
Train up your child in the way that he should go and he shall not depart from it.
Google the above.
Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by lalanice(f): 6:24am On Oct 01, 2017
children shouldn't be making any choice that affects their life until they are adults. thats why they have parent.

by the way even unbelievers try to force their unbelief on people too. everybody want what they believe to be accepted. ......leave Christians alone

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by coolebux(m): 6:40am On Oct 01, 2017
AyoSammyTunDe:
why do christian parents always force there children to church? why can't they allow the children to choose the religion they want and the church they want to go to?
Stop moving with emotion on every issue
You've just shown that you are not a or that didn't have a good Christian upbringing
Why didn't you ask same about Muslims?
Although we already know where you're coming from.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 01, 2017
which do u prefer, religion shoved down your daughters throat or some guy's joystick?

my point is, nature doesn't allow vacuum, either the right morals are inculcated or the society and media wrecks the young fella

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by Damoxy(m): 6:53am On Oct 01, 2017
Its an African Mentality.
Regardless of the fact its our Mentality here, the children are still under their parents. Its just like saying" why do parents always force there children to eat". So far you are still under your parents, you are obliged to do whatever they say. You wouldn't expect my Parents to start forcing me do to things at my age now.
The best they will do is ADVICE ME

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE and a HAPPY NEW MINTH
Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by chynie: 6:57am On Oct 01, 2017
Same reason you want to force your bad English down our throats
Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by emmayayodeji(m): 7:01am On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=splenzard post=60992828]which do u prefer, religion shoved down your daughters throat or some guy's joystick?

my point is, nature doesn't allow vacuum, either the right morals are inculcated or the society and media wrecks the young fella[/quote

You are a fool
Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by thorpido(m): 7:08am On Oct 01, 2017
Children you said?At that age,they should be guided.You don't leave them with much choices then.
'The bible says foolishness is in the heart of a child...'You can't let that slide.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by hopefulLandlord: 7:10am On Oct 01, 2017
Damoxy:
Its an African Mentality.

How's it an "African Mentality"? why do we categorise anything one doesn't agree with or is unpleasant as "African"? is it due to low self esteem and self hate? is it due to racism? cuz last I checked religious indoctrination happens in everywhere
Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by ultron12345: 7:38am On Oct 01, 2017
It happen across all religions. It's their method of recruitment . Because they know that if they don't indoctrinate it into the minds of children which are so impressionable, when the children grow up, they will realize the foolishness and stupidly of religion and the scam that it is, and their religion will gradually go into extinction.

My advice to the government is to ban teaching of religion in schools and ban anyone below the age of 19 from entering any religious institution or taking part in any religious activity. When they are 19, their minds will have developed well enough and they can now choose for themselves if they want to follow religion or not, and which religion to follow.
Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=emmayayodeji post=60993185][/quote]

Yh.. I know
Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by budaatum: 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
Why Do People Want To Force Their Ideology Down The Throat Of Their Children

The simple answer is, because they love their children, and their ideology is the best or only ideology they know, and they don't know better ways to induct their child into their ideology.

Say a parent believed becoming a doctor is the best thing for their child. At an early age, that parent would start preparing the child by making sure it learns the sciences. If the parent was of limited parenting skills, force is just about the only tool they'll know I'm afraid. "Sit down there are read your book child". After all, we all been there. Which one of us would rather study when we were kids? And whose parents let you decide whether you went to school or not? There are of course better ways, but even the Christian God was rather limited in how it reared early human beings. "Do my will or die", was its preferred method. There are more parents with limited skills than perfectly skilled parents. We excuse them because they know no better.

Same applies to religion. People love their ideologies, love their child, don't want it to go the wrong way (hell), and want it to live a prosperous life. I wish one could sit there with knowledge of all ideologies and trust one's child would chose the right path, but one has to feed the bloody child, house it, clothe it, educate it and so on. So forgive me if I don't have time or the skills to allow my child to flourish, or the stupidity to leave it to said child to chose whether it worships my God or not! "I don't have time for your devilness child, we are going to church". Do note that a Christian parent would have told their child to, "Honour me or die" from like age 2!

If the child is not indoctrinated into its parents ideology, the vacuum will be filled by other people's ideologies. Just imagine someone else convincing one's child that being an engineer, or an atheist, is a good thing just because one did not do one's parenting duty of shoving ones ideology down its throat when one could indoctrinate it to see things how one does! Non-indoctrinating Christian parent would say "God blesses you child". Non-parental indoctrinated Child responds "there is no God, parent". Or, Non-indoctrinating atheist parent says, "God is a figment of the imagination". Non-parental indoctrinated child responds, "God forgives you parent because you are a fool". Tell me you wouldn't consider taking said child to the bottom of the river and bashing its bastard head in?

Of course that's all because of my limitations as a parent. If I taught my child how to reason and question and search for knowledge instead of forcing my crap down my child's throat with no leave for it to question me, I'll probably have a better adjusted child albeit perhaps with a mind of its own. But hey, I'm only human myself. When it leaves my house it can go seek all the knowledge it wants. In the meantime, forgive me for forcing it to accept the little that I know and become a doctor!
Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by Iamzik: 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
ultron12345:
It happen across all religions. It's their method of recruitment . Because they know that if they don't indoctrinate it into the minds of children which are so impressionable, when the children grow up, they will realize the foolishness and stupidly of religion and the scam that it is, and their religion will gradually go into extinction.

My advice to the government is to ban teaching of religion in schools and ban anyone below the age of 19 from entering any religious institution or taking part in any religious activity. When they are 19, their minds will have developed well enough and they can now choose for themselves if they want to follow religion or not, and which religion to follow.

You are needed in north Korea bro. You will be very comfortable worshiping the Kim dynasty grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
AyoSammyTunDe:
They're training their children in the way of the Lord. As far as the child is under the roof of his or her parent, she or he must obey them including the biblically training.
Biblically backing to this are in the following scriptures
1.Deuteronomy 31:12-13
"Assemble the people, the men and the women and children and the alien who is in your town, so that they may hear and learn and fear the LORD your God, and be careful to observe all the words of this law. "Their children, who have not known, will hear and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as you live on the land which you are about to cross the Jordan to possess.
2.Psalm 78:5
For He established a testimony in Jacob And appointed a law in Israel, Which He commanded our fathers That they should teach them to their children
3.Proverbs 3:1
My son, do not forget my teaching, But let your heart keep my commandments
4. Deuteronomy 6:7
"You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up
The main scripture to crown it all is in Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by Robisky001(m): 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I don't think its a "Christian" thing though

it's prevalent in all religions I know of
Thumbs up for that post. Don't mind the myopic Op .
Re: Why Do Christains Want To Force Religion Down The Throat Of There Children by Robisky001(m): 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
AyoSammyTunDe:
Now tell me why "You as a parent don't allow your kids to grow up to decide if they would go to School or not?

(1) (Reply)

What Every Christian Must Read / Gaothu Z Zaman / How TB Joshua Invested Over N100m To Sponsor Students To Oxford, Harvard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.