Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (16138 Views)

Pastor Samuel Aboyeji, Biography, Foursquare Gospel Church New General Overseer / '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi / Meet Kehinde Adegbolahan, The Assistant General Overseer Of MFM? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by thesuave10(m): 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
emmanuel1990:
op ! even u urself qouted where God himself refered himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob..... at that time were those people still alive? NO... BT why was God calling thier names? because of his convernant with them.....

there is what we call delegate authority in the bible.... For instance, if the president of this country sends u to ur state governor, and u went to the government house and tell them that u want to see the governor without telling them u send u.. u may spend the whole week there without seeing him....

bt if u go there and tell them u sent u, even if the governor is busy, he would leave everything to attend to u... he is nt doing it because of u, bt because of the one u send u......

those men of God, the real ones always fast and pray for thier members, so anytime u are using thier name to pray its called delegate authority......

jst like some persons, if i go to them for money, they may nt give to u, bt if u go through thier wife or mum, u receive double...

What are you saying? God said that is his name
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by Robisky001(m): 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hypocrisy is when you reprimand the mother church for seeking the blessed Virgin Mary intercession, yet you pray through your pastors and GO for God's blessings.

3 Likes

Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by davidadenrele: 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
I don't see any problem when christians pray about God of Ayo Babalola, Adeboye,Oyedapo, or Olukoya Elisha called on God of Elijah,when he came to Bank of river Jordan, for him to move it's the same God, but with reference to the name of his anoited servants, God honours he's word and those he anoited so written all this long speech by OP is mere waste of time, even our Lord Jesus said Father Glorified yourself that's this people may know you've sent me and a voice from said i have glorified my name and i will glorified it again.
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by Nomswag: 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
grin will never do that
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by whizfem(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lyoncrescent:

?

You have said it well and exact.
Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

We have a better understanding of who God is than the days of old because we have the Bible and we have Jesus our prophet,King and Priest.He is our all.

John 14:6 neither priest,prophets,pastors,saints,G.O etc should be our access to God. Jesus and Jesus only You can respect your pastors,honor them but never replace the name of Jesus with theirs in any sense. They are mortals,finite being and sinners alike who need grace and mercy like all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by Themandator: 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2017
Damoxy:
Its a crazy church ritual.
Its a pity to know people are worshipping the God of MAN rather than the ALMIGHTY GOD.

Something that you can find in the Bible is a crazy Church all but images worship and creation of wings asking them to pray for you and confession of sin to man that has no scriptural backings we not crazy and demonic
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by Funkybabee(f): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
Abraham,Issac and Jacob is their generations Father's,I mean where there blood originated ....so they can used it and it wasn't bad if I do the same for my own father in lord
Op
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by belindar: 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
zionmade1:
We dont do that in my church. but its not all that wrong as long as u re making reference to God almighty
If u believe it was God that called and annointed ur pastor and it was God that sent him to u to tell u wat he has in store for u, if u believe that God speaks to u through him, then its not wrong to remind God of those promises he made to u through the pastor. For example
Pst Oyedepo: If i serve a loving God, u will not lack and fall sick.
A winners chapel member who feels he is lacking or feeling sick can say: God of Oyedepo, i call on u, u promised i wont lack, i wont fall sick, come and deliver me now.

So it sort of raises the faith of the person praying

So what if after calling that name the member is still sick and lack ? Then what happen. Does that mean the pastor is fake?
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by Olifiz(m): 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
Some will not only just use names of their pastors dey will also kneel or bow wen talking to them as if dey are Supreme brings.... the thunder that will fire all of u is heating up in a blacksmiths shop.
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by Kennyideal(m): 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hope u kn say if God wan add join bible.... books such as d book of Oyedepo,adeboye, Copeland and Kenneth hagin go dey..
So why say saying God of adeboye is wrong
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by obinna4Jesus(m): 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
You are on point. Jesus' name is the only name we are permitted to pray in. Some may look at it as a case of logic or legality, a thousand times no. It is erroneous to any other God except the God of our lord Jesus christ.
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by Lex11(m): 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" - 1 Timothy 2:5

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." - Hebrews 4:15-16

3 Likes

Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by lereinter(m): 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
the lady musician that sings
olorun ajanaku
the ajanaku story nko

1 Like

Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by kaymical(m): 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
let everyone stick to whatever is working for them
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by wealthpin: 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
enilove:
It is wrong . But I don't think churches like RCCG , MFM Deeper Life , do it. It is greatly discouraged in MFM.

moonlight tales!
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by Geesaintagape: 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
9ja mumu don do
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by starrybaba(m): 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
Quite insightful...you have a point bro
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by BluntBoy(m): 8:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
kaymical:
let everyone stick to whatever is working for them

This is dangerous. What if what is working for you is not from God?

What shall it profit you to gain the whole world and lose your own soul?
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
vicade:

What if Oyedepo chooses something else as his GOD without the person praying knowing ? Why didnt people in the new testament pray thorugh the God of Paul, God of Peter, God of John to raise their faith ? The promises of God made through the pastor ? I think these pastors are like a glass cup. If you love the coffee you praise the content not the cup or mug. The holyspirit and Jesus are critical. The pastor is just a container . Focus on Jesus and the role of the holyspirit as the promises made if they are true are not from Oyedepo as you said but from the Spirit through Jesus.

It just like saying your tea is sweet because of the Cup you used to make the tea. Then you start praising or praying through the cup. Cup that can break anytime.
YOU HAVE WRITTEN IT ALL, I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO ADD...GLORY TO CHRIST JESUS NOW AND FOREVER AMEN

1 Like

Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by lereinter(m): 9:23pm On Oct 01, 2017
bedspread:
Op u SEEM TO BELIEVE IN GOD BUT U LACK KNOWLEDGE OF GOD.. The Bible says in Hosea 4:6
"people Perish for lack of Knowledge "

GOD REVEALS HIMSELF IN DIFFERENT NAMES IN EVERY GENERATION .........

He REVEALED HIMSELF AS
THE I AM THAT I AM
THE COVENANT KEEPING GOD
THE GOD OF ABRAMHAM
THE GOD OF ISSAC
THE GOD OF JACOB (WHICH IS ISREAL)

At OTHER TIMES
HE APPEARED AS THE GOD OF ELIJAH

IN THIS GENERATION HE HAS APPEARED AS THE GOD OF THE CHOSEN.

"THAT IS THE GOD OF HIS PEOPLE"

NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT...

LOOK OUT FOR WHAT THE WORD CHOSEN MEANS...

As for those that CALL ON THE GOD OF THEIR PASTORS...... THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN DT... AS LONG AS THEIR PASTORS ARE DOING GOD's will.... There is nothing wrong

praying in the name of god of apostle prof sule
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by Origin(f): 5:11am On Oct 02, 2017
God is God unchanging.

Only one True God.
Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by kaymical(m): 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
BluntBoy:

This is dangerous. What if what is working for you is not from God?

What shall it profit you to gain the whole world and lose your own soul?
you are right my brother but what am saying is some has determined not to know, I will you tell someone who doesn't know the existence of the devil that God exist? so instead of them criticising what they don't know better for them to have a little practical knowledge of the devil. so that's what I meant that better for everyone to stick to what works for them

1 Like

Re: Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer by Lyoncrescent: 7:21am On Oct 15, 2017
Happy Sunday to everyone

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders / Awesome God, How Great Thou Art: / North Using Cattle Colony To Islamise Nigeria, Igbo Wont Accept It – Archbishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.