Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,073 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day (8501 Views)

First Independent Power Limited (FIPL) Entry Level Engineering Trainee 2024 / Vacancy For A People Manager (job Cod: Hr-mg) / Man Wears 2 Different Colour Of Shoes To An Interview. See What They Did To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by npowerng: 7:40am On Oct 01, 2017
To a people of colour, a resilient national brilliant, creative and amazing, we say
Happy Independence Day.

We love you!!!

#MeiLikeMyCountry

5 Likes

Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by hersee(m): 8:13am On Oct 01, 2017
Am not really that happy, but thought am showing a fake face, 10 months am struggling with same issue, every corrections has been made long back on my Profile, pay me please. . Let me feel the spirit. Am always having hope. Happy independence day to you all at the situation room.

1 Like

Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by aleeyus(m): 8:32am On Oct 01, 2017

1 Share

Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by Papiikush: 8:33am On Oct 01, 2017
There is nothing happy about this independence

4 Likes

Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by Narldon: 8:33am On Oct 01, 2017

npowerng

Come and do independence for me

3 Likes

Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by chibike69: 8:33am On Oct 01, 2017
grin
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by Johnkennie(m): 8:34am On Oct 01, 2017
Happy Sunday... Until i gained Independent i will wish no one.
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by Kraspo(m): 8:34am On Oct 01, 2017
[b][/b]NIGERIA AT 57: SOBER REFLECTIONS ON OUR EXISTENCE AS AN INDEPENDENT NATION

BY HENRY CHINEDU NLIAM

Today marks the 57th independence anniversary of our beloved country Nigeria amidst the increasing challenges to nationhood. The anniversary this year is particularly of great significance as it is at a time the country is coming out of a severe recession that almost brought the economy of the country to a standstill. This is aside the fact that the president had on two occasions within the year, been away on medical grounds, raising fears that he might be unfit for the job.
As a nation, Nigeria has been through a lot of challenges from every corner of the country. The insurgency in the north-east, militant activities in the south, herdsmen attacks across the country and the boiling agitation for secession in the east are but a few of the threats to our common existence as a nation. Since our independence in 1960, we have managed to come out from our every challenge as a united nation under one God.
Nigeria was born 50 years ago on a bedrock of a great dream carved out of the sincere aspirations and expectations of the people themselves, their honest desire, inner ability, determination and commitment to build a one-of-a-kind society that embodied the best of human genius, true empathy, limitless tolerance and a vibrant workforce that is ennobled by a rich and diverse culture that would serve as its context and lifeline.
That dream was born out of the clear vision of a group of brilliant and genuinely highly motivated young leaders who were as eloquent as they were passionate, and as responsive and solicitous of the people’s will and support as they were soberly accessible, responsible and reliable. A dream that was to shape the future and serve as the blueprint for the entire African continent.
Together, the people and their youthful, smart and charismatic leaders seemed a perfect fit for nation-building even though they had political, ideological and strategic differences and interests which they mostly recognized and enthusiastically debated in the open. Together, the people and their political leaders were on the same train, one propelled as much by the sheer force of their common dream and fortitude as by the energy of the great promise of the new Nigeria they embarked on building. They were clear about the complex challenges of masterminding the future of Nigeria and of the fact that success or failure lay in their hands, and they were sober about the enormity of that responsibility.
Two-thirds of Nigerians have no recollection of that moment on Saturday, October 1, 1960 when the Union Jack came down for the last time in Nigeria and the vertical green-white-green panels of the flag of an independent Nigeria rose in dignity at what was then Independence Square, later appropriately renamed Tafawa Balewa Square after the nation’s first prime minister. As for the older one-third, those amongst them who were old enough to experience the magical exhilaration of independence as the right to shape their own destiny in accordance with their own genius, anecdotal evidence in the absence of a comprehensive dedicated study suggests that there is some sort of an intellectual hesitation, an emotional uncertainty, a combined unease.
There seems to be a profound unwillingness to categorically characterize this moment in history and the years that immediately precede it, for fear that doing so might reveal their own sense of existential guilt and responsibility for what failed to come about and yet most eminently could have been. Amongst this group there is a palpable sense of having been let down. By whom perhaps? This is where the perception is rather blurred.
Most commonly it is said, that the Nigerian dream and promise were betrayed by a group generically called “our leaders”. But it is hard not to discern in this disquiet, the sense also that most of this generation, my generation, privately feel that, to some extent, we might in some way have let ourselves down, we might have contributed, even if inadvertently or by miscalculation or honest omission, and, in so doing, let our young generation down in not having so far delivered the foundation on which they could have built their own glorious present and future legacy.
The truth remains that Nigeria is so difficult to rule due to the diversity in culture, language and religion. So, it may take more than we expect for us to fully become a developed nation.
We are always in the habit of running the government or the folks at the helms of affairs down each time we have the opportunity and this is not so good. While it is good to criticize, let us also make it a habit to do it constructively. Whether you are a Christian, a Muslim or even a traditionalist, let us all make it a duty to remember the nation called Nigeria in our prayers whenever we call on God or Allah. God can give us incorruptible leaders who will turn everything around for us. How many times in our lives have we all said "God bless Nigeria”? All we do is speak negative of the country not knowing that prayers can move mountains. I know that one day, very soon, we will get there.
By the grace of God, Nigeria is now 57, but are we really 57? Are we really happy with the state after 57 years of independence? Or should we be colonized by the world leading countries, should we fight to be separated to see whether we are going to grow individually instead of been one as a country?. However, there is still a lot of optimism in me that the time is near, the time when we will be celebrating a country as a nation that has gone through hard times and survived, we are will be celebrating soon if not soonest a country with pride, honor, success, good leaders, good security for its citizen, strong electricity, low poverty rate, high rate of educated people, because I believe and have faith that the future which we have been waiting for is near, because the people, leaders we are waiting for is among us, it is all about changing our mindset to a better one that will erase the present mindset which we have about governance. I await that new mindset, that critical minded thinking person among the youth of this generation and not the next or another future generation. Though we are not there yet. But with prayers, hard-work and sincerity on the part of our leaders, we will surely get to the Promised Land.
I wish my dear country a happy Independence anniversary.

3 Likes

Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by Worldbest281: 8:35am On Oct 01, 2017
so sad that a 57yrs old man is still crawling...

5 Likes

Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by 360great(m): 8:35am On Oct 01, 2017
Happy independence Nigeria.
Please what's d next stage for npower applicant for 2017.

1 Like

Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by dakeskese(m): 8:35am On Oct 01, 2017
Npower Npower... Good work. Tho d grammar wan confuse me small.

What do I even know?
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by twilliamx(m): 8:35am On Oct 01, 2017
Baba Buhari, me I like your style, you deal decisively, we know those that hate you, don't mind them cos they hate every thing even themselves, it is only amongst them that they have such quotes as " if you see a snake and a fellow tribes man (mbaise) kill the tribes man before you kill the snake, what do you expect from such a people, we that are not biased and filled with hate know the kind of country that was left in your hand and we know truthfully that even with your deteriorated health you still strived to give your best. This same peoples voices where not heard when boko haram decimated over 10,000 Nigerians under their beloved ineffectual Buffon while he got drunk on otuoke local liquor , turning a blind eye to the cries of dying soldiers until suddenly he realised that election was close by and decided to act.
We that are sincere with our analysis know that it is not easy to run a mess like Nigeria but we can actually see a sincerity of purpose in your move to take the country to greater height. We pray to God to give you the wisdom to continue to do so.
Our hateful brothers are so blind that they forget that the 16yrs of the corruption ridden rule of the previous people destruction party left Nigeria in 16yrs of darkness, poverty, theft of the country's common wealth and without any good development in any region of the country yet they cry for them to come back.
We that are in the know always expected that whosoever will decide to lead and take the corruption fight head on will always meet corruption fighting back so for this we hail your courage to take on such herculean task.
Because we want a good country where there is love peace unity and prosperity we endear you to tackle their hate with love.
As Nigeria celebrate its 57th independence anniversary we pray never again to have another 16years of the of the locust.
May God continue to guide you my president and we wish you success in coming years ahead and success for every region of the country and all its citizen.

God bless the federal republic of Nigeria

Pray for the peace of Nigeria. May all those who love the country prosper.

4 Likes

Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by Abdul3391(m): 8:36am On Oct 01, 2017
what are we really celebrating sef
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 01, 2017
Independence day not independent day. Quota system suxks
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by MaryKaku007(m): 8:42am On Oct 01, 2017
Who cares?
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by Tattooboy: 8:43am On Oct 01, 2017
No power supply in my area since yesterday morning. If I go to church now the pastor will be happy to see me, but he wouldn't know I came to charge my phone.

4 Likes

Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by charlesucheh(m): 8:50am On Oct 01, 2017
NPOWER and red tape!!!
Chai! What's up for 2017 applicants?
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 01, 2017
You geh mind oh, attributing a racist term to a people on their own local forum. Who in this country looks coloured, coloured demented slowpoke?!
Take back your mock greetings filth!!!

1 Like

Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by vioment: 9:07am On Oct 01, 2017
There's hope in every situation. Nigerians just need to get serious and stop hoping all the time. Hope is for helpless situations or long term situations. Everyone hopes their kids will grow up and be successful, everyone hopes that their parents and them and their kids will live a long life. For Nigeria's situation, we are talking about essentials right now; essentials like power supply, roads, water, maintained infrastructure, and right now things like making it a crime to block the road to pray, or moving around cows in defined cities or other peoples property where damage could be done, and also significantly undermining cultism on campuses. We need to grow up, there's no reason why nigeria shouldn't be the trade capital of the world. I am disappointed to be a Nigerian, the land of unseriousness.

It is also time to change that ugly and inferiority complex flag called the nigerian flag. It should green - black/tan - green.
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by hola106(m): 9:24am On Oct 01, 2017
wen list for 2017 applicants go show nw
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by piuwety01: 9:27am On Oct 01, 2017
[color=#006600][/color] lipsrsealed[img][/img]Happy Independence day, God bless Nigeria
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by tolufase: 9:33am On Oct 01, 2017
What's happy about independence when the majority of youths in Nigeria are unemployed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by manciti: 9:57am On Oct 01, 2017
using the term people of colour on we we(on our own backyard) is mean and racist. I am black and the whites are white simple,

i am not coloured

2 Likes

Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by hanassholesolo: 10:22am On Oct 01, 2017
Is it now an offense to be called a black man? Hahahaha

What the hell is people of color? grin grin grin
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by princesscool: 11:16am On Oct 01, 2017
57th year, of bad government, discrimination, tribalism, bondage, when will this country change from all this? What are we celebrating? when huger is everywhere.
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by biomustry: 11:56am On Oct 01, 2017
Happy Independence Nigeria

Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
That first pic looks like boko haram is stealing a part of Nigeria.
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by AlienRobot: 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
UK, here I come...
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by honestivo(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2017
hurray Nigeria is 57
Re: To A People Of Colour, We say Happy Independent Day by Dekadet(m): 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2017
npowerng:
To a people of colour, a resilient national brilliant, creative and amazing, we say
Happy Independence Day.

We love you!!!

#MeiLikeMyCountry
Nothing is happy about the independence celebration o. when u guys selected a few people and paid monthly stipends to......some of us since august they are telling us to be patient.

I mean how do u just stop someone's payment for no just cause. only in Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Last Did You Get Promotion / Airforce Is Recruiting / Environment Ethics And Safety Corp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.