Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. (2506 Views)

What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by paxonel(m): 7:20am On Oct 03, 2017
ysyowel:

All that you give whether tithe, offering, thanksgiving, fulfillment of vow, donations, sawing of seed, appreciation etc means one thing Cheerful giving.
The truth is, nobody is truly cheerful to give to a scheme that he or she do not understand it root.
People willing to promote the course of The kingdom by giving should not be mistaken that they understand all reasons and why they are giving.
It will be far more better for church members to have a total understanding why they are giving. By so doing they will do it even more cheerfully.
So, please take the bold step to educate people and correct it, not minding the conventional tradition of tithe doctrine that has been in existence.. God knows how long the injustice has been there
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by ysyowel(m): 9:39am On Oct 03, 2017
Ferisidowu:
let's paraphrase do one gets to lose heaven for not paying tithe!?
some are claiming that if one is not a tither he won't make it to heaven, but i think the basis of our salvation is not work but is by faith and faith alone, is by grace. Works including giving are only evidence of true faith, but they are not the basis of our salvation.

1 Like

Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by ysyowel(m): 10:41am On Oct 04, 2017
paxonel:

The truth is, nobody is truly cheerful to give to a scheme that he or she do not understand it root.
People willing to promote the course of The kingdom by giving should not be mistaken that they understand all reasons and why they are giving.
It will be far more better for church members to have a total understanding why they are giving. By so doing they will do it even more cheerfully.
So, please take the bold step to educate people and correct it, not minding the conventional tradition of tithe doctrine that has been in existence.. God knows how long the injustice has been there
many don't study the Scripture that is why many preachers took advantage of that

1 Like

Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by ysyowel(m): 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
Sylvekzee:

Correct me if I'm wrong but by "Children of the kingdom" you do mean adult working cetizens and residents of a country, because on the contrary, they are actually mandated to pay tax. It is in fact illegal to evade tax payments. And no law exempts "Children of the kingdom" from paying tax.
i mean the children of the kingdom of God are not suppose to pay tax in the church, but they may pay the government general taxes.
Seems to me the LORD ought to have taught "the levites" how to fish instead of giving them fish
He taught them how to fish for men and not how to make money, in the process of fishing (for men) all that they need will be provided by God through someone
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by ysyowel(m): 2:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
See the seven resons why believers should not tithe but rather give generously and willingly even to the point of giving far more than 10%

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/7-reasons-christians-not-required-to-tithe

giving tithe to the church is not a sin, there's a blessing in giving generally
www.crosswalk.com/family/finances/is-tithing-for-the-new-testament-believer-11579309.html
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by ysyowel(m): 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
lonikit:

do dey pay tax in church also?
some ministers/leaders do tax their members, but this is not scriptural.
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
dtruth50:
is Tithe suppose to be given to poor? why pastors eating from it?
Tithe is used for general administration of the church. It include taking care of the needy and proclamation of the gospel
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
Ferisidowu:
let's paraphrase do one gets to lose heaven for not paying tithe!?
Yes because Yahweh will not accept a thief into his kingdom
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
asuustrike2009:

you sincerely didn't mean that did you?
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
Ferisidowu:
you sincerely didn't mean that did you?
Is in the Bible na
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by ysyowel(m): 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Don't judge pls. many people we see as unrighteous today will be the best candidates of heaven tomorrow.
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 15, 2017
ysyowel:

Don't judge pls. many people we see as unrighteous today will be the best candidates of heaven tomorrow.
My dear it is what the word of God said.
In Malachi 3:8 " “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’In tithes and offerings. This verse is what the accuser of brethren uses to accused non tithers. So Satan quotes 1 Cor 6:9-11 to draw God's attention in judgement seat. Since Yahweh hearken to his word, he passes judgement immediately. Verse 10 of Cor 6 is what's being used.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by ysyowel(m): 7:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
asuustrike2009:

My dear it is what the word of God said.
In Malachi 3:8 " “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’In tithes and offerings. This verse is what the accuser of brethren uses to accused non tithers. So Satan quotes 1 Cor 6:9-11 to draw God's attention in judgement seat. Since Yahweh hearken to his word, he passes judgement immediately. Verse 10 of Cor 6 is what's being used.
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God
well i think you need to know the idea of others first before i and you can conclude this matter?
follow this link
https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/7-reasons-christians-not-required-to-tithe
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
ysyowel:

well i think you need to know the idea of others first before i and you can conclude this matter?
follow this link
I have given you reason based on the scriptures and revelations. The above link are the craftiness of Satan to lure men to hell. No wonder Genesis 3:1a says "
Even Satan quoted the Bible when he tempted Jesus. Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. It's left for Christians to decide if to follow the narrow way or the broad way that leads to destruction. Based on revelations, those scriptures I gave is what Lucifer uses and he's roaring and roaming around the earth deceiving men
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
ysyowel:

follow this link
Ask the holy spirit to open your eyes because he will teach you deeper things.
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Is in the Bible na
where ?
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
Ferisidowu:
where ?

Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by owoleola: 11:08am On Oct 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Honesty I am tired of debunking to tithe payers the deception of this doctrine of tithing........but just do yourself this good by meditating on these few scriptures i'm going to drop:
New Living Translation(Romans 8:33)
Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one--for God himself has given us right standing with himself.

New International Version(Galatians 3:10)
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 16, 2017
owoleola:
Honesty I am tired of debunking to tithe payers the deception of this doctrine of tithing........but just do yourself this good by meditating on these few scriptures i'm going to drop:
New Living Translation(Romans 8:33)
Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one--for God himself has given us right standing with himself.

New International Version(Galatians 3:10)
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."
Satan does accuses us on daily basis. He's the accuser of the brethren. He always find faults in humanity to strike
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by owoleola: 11:19am On Oct 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Satan does accuses us on daily basis. He's the accuser of the brethren. He always find faults in humanity to strike
It is a pity you don't even know what Christ had come to do
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 16, 2017
owoleola:
It is a pity you don't even know what Christ had come to do
Dey there dey talk. Am telling you based on experience and revelations. Many non tithers are in hell as I speak
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by owoleola: 11:32am On Oct 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Dey there dey talk. Am telling you based on experience and revelations. Many non tithers are in hell as I speak
Na you put them there nau......,i brought out scriptures for you but you refuse to read and meditate,how will you then encounter the truth!
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by gabe: 11:34am On Oct 16, 2017
ysyowel:
Types
1) Levitical or sacred tithe,
2) Feast tithe,
3) Poor tithe,
4) Tithe of tithe.
Na wa o. See how these people have legalised robbing people in the name of tithes
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 16, 2017
owoleola:
Na you put them there nau......,i brought out scriptures for you but you refuse to read and meditate,how will you then encounter the truth!
I gave you scriptures to read too. Ask the holy spirit to teach don't assume based on knowledge or wordings. There are deeper revelations in God's word
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by owoleola: 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I gave you scriptures to read too. Ask the holy spirit to teach don't assume based on knowledge or wordings. There are deeper revelations in God's word
That the thieves said there are non-tithers?
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by owoleola: 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

what does verse 11 of that passage in corinthians say?....why didn't you quote it?
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by betterABIAstate: 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
ysyowel:
I am a Minister, a Teacher and a Discipler, i noticed most people are confused expecially in the area of tithing. The question must people asked is should we continue to tithe or not?

I am trusting God will help me and use me to answer all you questions, mind you i am not alone i am together with nairaland Pastors
1. why is tithing in some modern day churches, most especially in Nigeria not in accordance with what the Bible said?

2. Where is it written in the Bible that tithes should be given every week/month?
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by ysyowel(m): 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
betterABIAstate:
1. why is tithing in some modern day churches, most especially in Nigeria not in accordance with what the Bible said?
because nigerians are in love with money

2. Where is it written in the Bible that tithes should be given every week/month?
no place,
learn more on tithe
https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/1958/09/the-three-tithes-of-the-old-testament
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by ysyowel(m): 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
gabe:
Na wa o. See how these people have legalised robbing people in the name of tithes
Learn more about the types of tithe
https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/1958/09/the-three-tithes-of-the-old-testament

www.tithing.com/blog/how-many-tithes-were-in-the-bible/
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by ysyowel(m): 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

you are religious!
let me ask you in your revelations did you go to hell and see none tithers there?
2) if yes then who/what take you to hell and why
3) all those that see themselves in hell are candidate of it.
4)no eyes have seen what the Lord is preparing for those who love him, i hope you will not start claiming that you went to heaven!
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
ysyowel:

you are religious!
let me ask you in your revelations did you go to hell and see none tithers there?
2) if yes then who/what take you to hell and why
3) all those that see themselves in hell are candidate of it.
4)no eyes have seen what the Lord is preparing for those who love him, i hope you will not start claiming that you went to heaven!
Don't worry you understand with time. Many are in hell regretting
Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. by ysyowel(m): 10:08am On Oct 17, 2017
you didn't answer my question, what took you to hell?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Jesus Christ" Spotted In Clouds Over Argentina / Book Of Proverbs (Don't let her capture you with her eyelids) / Nairalanders, Please Why Is God's Existence A Debate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.