Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? (704 Views)

Pope To Young Italians: Don't Be Selfish, We Need More Children Than Pets / If This Is How Christian Sisters Behave Then Who Do We Marry? / Dear Christian Sisters, Do Not Copy Queen Naomi, By Balogun Mayowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by Martinez19(m): 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
Aunty Bimbo was my was my sunday school teacher, when she talked about faith, she used Abraham as an example. She emphasised that the faith of Abraham is what every serious christian should emulate. Two years later, aunty Bimbo got married and six years into the marriage, she had no child. This pained her a lot and I overheard her telling crying and telling our pastor "where is God? " undecided. Shio! Madam Bimbo don't you remember Abraham? Follow his example nah! undecided

Aunty Bisi will always preach that God is able to change things around. She was a good sunday school teacher. When she was approached by bro James of the ushering department, she turned him down because he was suffering financially. Immediately bro James mentioned that God will turn things around, she eyed him, hissed and walked away. Now aunty Bisi is married to a rich agnostic atheist while James is still praying for God to pick up the call.

Aunty Sophia who is still our church member did not waste time in opening her legs for one rich celebrity like that to become a baby mama. She is not even ashamed of it. Even other sisters in the church are envious of her and she her as lucky. Chai,

...... to be continued

1 Like

Re: Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by Skyfornia(m): 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lols...one thing happened to all the people you mentioned. They believed and practiced the principles but none of them has the HolySpirit.
Re: Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by adepeter2027(m): 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
Skyfornia:
Lols...one thing happened to all the people you mentioned. They believed and practiced the principles but none of them has the HolySpirit.
When faitg is not holding water,the next escape route for Christians is using the HOLYSPIRIT.

How do we know we have the holy spirit?
Personally, do you have the the holy spirit?
Re: Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2017
Skyfornia:
SECONDED
Re: Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
Skyfornia:
bloodofthelamb:
SECONDED

WHAT is the Holy Spirit?

Do you HAVE the Holy Spirit?

How do you know that they do NOT have the Holy Spirit?
Re: Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by Martinez19(m): 8:21pm On Oct 01, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:

WHAT is the Holy Spirit?

Help me ask them. Christains and the no true scotman fallacy are like 5&6.
Re: Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
Martinez19:
Help me ask them. Christains and the no true scotman fallacy are like 5&6.

They amaze me with their fraudulent arguments.
Re: Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by Martinez19(m): 8:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
They amaze me with their fraudulent arguments.
Don't mind them. They are hypocrites. Their delusion is too strong on them.
Re: Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:

WHAT is the Holy Spirit?

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT WHAT..HE IS THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLY GOD AND YES HE IS IN ME, WORKING OUT HIS HOLY AND RIGHTEOUS PURPOSE...BY THE FRUITS OF MEN YOU SHALL KNOW THE SPIRIT IN MEN.
Re: Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT WHAT..HE IS THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLY GOD AND YES HE IS IN ME, WORKING OUT HIS HOLY AND RIGHTEOUS PURPOSE...BY THE FRUITS OF MEN YOU SHALL KNOW THE SPIRIT IN MEN.
The Pope claims to be baptised in the spirit. Adeboye makes exactly the same claim. Since both men cannot be right, being believers of radically different things, who do you think TRULY has the Holy Spirit among the two, and WHY?

So, YOU have the Holy Spirit? Thank God.

Can you tell me what the spirit says about the verses below?

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21

No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. Matthew 6:24

Can you help me ask the Holy Spirit what these verses are trying to say? 'Cause I personally think Christians do not live by the teachings in them. But, you know, being a fallible human being with "fallible reasoning faculties", I might have interpreted it wrongly [I actually take it to mean EXACTLY what is written - literally], so maybe the Holy Spirit can clarify?
Tozara
Re: Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by adepeter2027(m): 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
The Pope claims to be baptised in the spirit. Adeboye makes exactly the same claim. Since both men cannot be right, being believers of radically different things, who do you think TRULY has the Holy Spirit among the two, and WHY?

So, YOU have the Holy Spirit? Thank God.

Can you tell me what the spirit says about the verses below?

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21

No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. Matthew 6:24

Can you help me ask the Holy Spirit what these verses are trying to say? 'Cause I personally think Christians do not live by the teachings in them. But, you know, being a fallible human being with "fallible reasoning faculties", I might have interpreted it wrongly [I actually take it to mean EXACTLY what is written - literally], so maybe the Holy Spirit can clarify?
THE next response you would get is "ITS A THING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AND YOU LACK THIS HOLY SPIRIT. EVEN IF I EXPLAIN IT TO YOU, IT WON'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT"

Watchout
Re: Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2017
adepeter2027:

THE next response you would get is "ITS A THING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AND YOU LACK THIS HOLY SPIRIT. EVEN IF I EXPLAIN IT TO YOU, IT WON'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT"

Watchout
Lol...... That stvpid line pisses me off like mad.
Re: Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
I AM TO WITNESS CHRIST JESUS NOT TO ANALYSE THE POPE AND PASTOR ADEBOYE...WHO TOLD YOU CHRISTIAN ARE NOT LIVING IN THE WORDS OF JESUS?...MIND YOU, NOT EVERY ONE THAT CALLS HIMSELF CHRISTIAN IS TRULY A CHRISTIAN...
Re: Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
I AM TO WITNESS CHRIST JESUS NOT TO ANALYSE THE POPE AND PASTOR ADEBOYE...WHO TOLD YOU CHRISTIAN ARE NOT LIVING IN THE WORDS OF JESUS?...MIND YOU, NOT EVERY ONE THAT CALLS HIMSELF CHRISTIAN IS TRULY A CHRISTIAN...
Cc. adepeter2027 grin
Re: Selfish Christian Sisters? What Is Happening? by adepeter2027(m): 12:05am On Oct 02, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Cc. adepeter2027 grin
Lol
They never disappoint

(1) (Reply)

UN Is Loyal To Islam.... Trump / Even God Make Mistakes? / Why Do Most Pentecostal Pastors Perform Unverifiable Miracles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.