Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:25 AM

So Are Fulanis Different Ethnically Depending On The Country They Come From? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / So Are Fulanis Different Ethnically Depending On The Country They Come From? (974 Views)

Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE / What Percentage of Benin City Is Ethnically of the Benin tribe? / The Killing Of Fulanis In Numan, Adamawa Would Not Go Unpunished - Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Are Fulanis Different Ethnically Depending On The Country They Come From? by Nicky23: 1:18am On Oct 02, 2017
I'm curious because I did a dna test and it seems companies put each the fula in three different countries on ad. The countries were ali Nigeria and Senegal what I don't understand is aren't they the same people regardless of what country they are from? Ethnically? Or am I mistaken? It really interests me about the Fulani people in general because I get largely on AD and gedmatch these people the hausa and sometimes the Igbo. I just don't get how they are considered different ethnic origins depending on the country they're from when they're all the same tribe?
Re: So Are Fulanis Different Ethnically Depending On The Country They Come From? by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 02, 2017
They are the same,by way how much did you do your DNA test?
Re: So Are Fulanis Different Ethnically Depending On The Country They Come From? by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 02, 2017
abdelrahman:
They are the same,by way how much did you do your DNA test?

Nope, they are not.

Fulaman198.
Re: So Are Fulanis Different Ethnically Depending On The Country They Come From? by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 02, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

Nope, they are not.

Fulaman198.
how come they are not? their dialect and origin might be just different! is like saying hausa of niger republic are different from those in nigeria.
Re: So Are Fulanis Different Ethnically Depending On The Country They Come From? by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 02, 2017
abdelrahman:
how come they are not? their dialect and origin might be just different! is like saying hausa of niger republic are different from those in nigeria.

He's asking ethnicity wise. Fulbe are ethnically diverse.
Re: So Are Fulanis Different Ethnically Depending On The Country They Come From? by Fulaman198(m): 10:38am On Oct 03, 2017
abdelrahman:

The Fulani are ethnically similar in Nigeria, Cameroon, Niger, Mali, Central Afr. Republic and Sudan. However, Due to the fact that most Western Fulbe/Fulani are sedentary, many have actually mixed with local populations in their particular region. An example is Juldeh Camara from Fuladu in Gambia. His surname Camara is typically Mande, but he is Fulani. However, his phenotype is not that of a "stereotypical" Fulani.

It is similar in a sense with Fulbe of East (Nigeria, Niger republic, Chad, Cameroon, Central Afr. Republic and Sudan). There is a wider array of genetic variation due to the fact of there being different ethnic groups within these specific regions. Now, I am sure there are SOME extremely pure Fulani who may have a lot in common Genetically with pure Fulani from Mauritania/Senegal. But these days, it is hard to find PURE anything regardless of which ethnic group some one may come from, most Nigerians need to accept that somewhere down their respective family line that it may be "diluted" with something else. Who knows? Maybe I have a distant Touareg ancestor, or a distant Beri ancestor. We don't know because it could have happened millennia ago.

This is why I am under the belief that tribal bigotry is nonsensical and stoopid.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

African Bulletproof Discovered On Sunday Igboho During His Visit To Ibarapa To D / We Shall Always Remember. / Why Is Africa Singled Out In He World For Wrong Things Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.