Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

'I Have Sang' Or 'I Have Sung' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 'I Have Sang' Or 'I Have Sung' (2352 Views)

Is It "They've Sang The Anthem" Or "They've Sung The Anthem"? / Should I Go For Msc Or I Should Look For Work? / “I Am In The Bus” Or “I Am On The Bus”: Which Is Correct? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Have Sang' Or 'I Have Sung' by sirkaebs: 8:17am On Oct 02, 2017
Dear Nairalanders, please I really need your contribution on this matter. As a child, I learnt that we use 'have' or 'had' when using past participle in tenses of verb. And I also know that the tenses of the verb 'sing' are 'sing, sang and sung' for present, past and past participle, respectively.
Often times I hear people, when they want to refer to someone that sang a song in the past participle tense, they will say 'I have sang a song' or 'We have sang'. I am thinking it is supposed to be ''I have sung' or 'had sung'. Although I may be wrong, I need constructive contributions. Thank you.
Re: 'I Have Sang' Or 'I Have Sung' by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:21am On Oct 02, 2017
I have sung...
Why ? Cos 'have' is the helping verb.

He sang the song.
They sang the song.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Have Sang' Or 'I Have Sung' by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:10am On Oct 02, 2017
smiley
the poster above me issa a scholar

1 Like

Re: 'I Have Sang' Or 'I Have Sung' by sirkaebs: 11:00am On Oct 02, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
I have sung...
Why ? Cos 'have' is the helping verb.

He sang the song.
They sang the song.
Thank you very much. That means almost 90% of people miss it because most peaceful say the other.

(1) (Reply)

Female Student Proposes To Her Boyfriend In Uncompleted Building (VIDEO) / PTDF OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIP TEST PAST QUESTIONS / Any Latest News Abt Kadpoly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.