Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. (5978 Views)

FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant / Unoccupied Houses In Lekki: Built With 'Corruption Money'? / Brand New Solar System Package for Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 9:36pm On Feb 17, 2007
Tell me what do you think about building new solar and wind generated electricity houses in Nigeria. It is excellent, state-of-the-art renewable energy, cost-effective (alternative) to extending electricity utilities lines and fossil-fueled backup generators.

Let me start with myself, I am black America female with excellent internet research/project management/real estate investment savvy with do-it-yourself home improvement knowledge which I followed my father's footstep of home builder contruction. I also have my own illustrator/CAD software to draw a house model with solar and wind generated electricity including blueplan, floorplan, etc. for Nigeria town plannings meeting.

Right now for last 6 months so far, I am studying on Nigeria economic/culture I want to learn before I will start to
research gathering all needed informations for me in the preparation of writing my own visual presentation proposal for venture capitalists, who will be eager to invest their money, into my new business proposal. Do not worry about where do I find needed capital funds from venture capitalists. I am very strongly aware the fact about Nigeria real estate and investments fraud/corruptions. I am doing my own homework on understanding about Nigeria housing issues.

Maybe, I will plan to visit to Nigeria real soon once I complete obtaining fundraisings I need for round-trip plane, place to stay, transportation, etc.

I will propose about future solar and wind generated renewable energy single-family 3-4 bedrooms houses in Nigeria---about 5-100 houses to sell depend on vacant land cost I can afford to buy. I will be project manager to oversee the solar/wind generated renewable energy construction with my own partners to work with.

First of all, I need to hear your opinions and answer my questions below:

[list]
[li]1. Are there sufficient vacant land for me to purchase at least 5-100 houses to be built? Prefer radius of 10-25 miles away from big city, like rural, farming, or suburban nearby to the big city with public transportation in between them.[/li]

[li]2. Does Nigeria has STRONG WIND CURRENT at least 5-15 miles per hour wind speed and STRONG SUN power?[/li]

[li]3. Where will I get the law of the land with structural construction requirements for me to study? [/li]

[li]4. I will come back on this topic for further asking you more questions about Nigeria itself. [/li]
[/list]

Finally, I am the authorized to choose right certified licensed professionals(carpenters, bricklayers, electricians, wind/solar energy installers, plumbing, and mortgage lenders for construction loans) to work with me. I have my own Nigeria-born Yoruba-English speaking friend as my co-partner who understands me very well and has Nigerian family friends to hook up with me. Feel free to share your thoughts with me the more I will learn your Nigeria culture/economics. I already read Nairaland topics: Solar Energy in Technology and Business Investments in Politics in order for me to get the idea.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by boomtown: 6:15am On Feb 18, 2007
good day uspry i m into real estate in fact i m a property media exec i would be more than happy to invest let me have the blue print and business plan
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by LoverBwoy(m): 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2007
boomtown:

good day uspry i m into real estate in fact i m a property media exec i would be more than happy to invest let me have the blue print and business plan

What does that mean? Property media exec? undecided
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by boomtown: 9:12pm On Feb 18, 2007
I'm a property media executive which means I'm a property journalist.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by Seun(m): 9:34pm On Feb 18, 2007
Nigerians are not going to pay a lot more money to get power just because it's environment-friendly. They don't care. "Is solar power cheap? If not, is it something I can brag to my rich friends about when I install it?"

Methinks you should not set out to provide "solar or wind power", but to provide "power, period". The form in which this generation of power will take now depends on how expensive each possible option will be.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by Badman888(m): 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2007
I agree with what seun said. Solar is something we have considered for some time but its just too expensive, so if your price is not reasonable, you wont get customers.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 4:53am On Feb 19, 2007
@boomtown
I am still working on gathering all information to write my own business proposal that will not released to anyone else but only for venture capitalists who is strong familiar with the renewable energy development to be invested in.

Secondly, I am puzzled about your job title, property journalist, what it has to do with my business proposal, you are not really real estate/property investor.  You are just plain newspaper/magazine/media reporter to write all about property what you see, heard, or investigate with. Just like gossip newspapers!!!

What is more, I already formed my own partner from Nigeria. Sorry boomtown, but I will be in touch with you to invite you coming to my FIRST RENEWABLE ENERGY HOUSES built in Nigeria. Bring your camera, videocam, and recorder player with you to have FIRST INTERVIEW with me.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by boomtown: 6:58am On Feb 19, 2007
thanks for the vote of confidence uspry. the reason i use media exec is because i have been in property news for the past 15yrs of which i own my property magazine. i have been fortunate to have walk and talk with the biggest property merchants in Nigeria(realtors,contractors eg) i have wined and dined with the biggest players in Nigeria.

I was moved by your true passion for Nigeria for power solutions, but i guess you already know the type of investor you are looking for,after all i m just an ordinary journalist.Wish you all the very best.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 5:10pm On Feb 19, 2007
@obua

Which yahoo guy are you talk about?  I am not a yahoo guy. I am black American female to have my passion to help out Nigeria in the quality of electricity power improvement/development.

Go check out my topic at below:

Wind-generated electricity energy
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-40919.0.html

Finally, I have made my decision to start my own business proposal to develop ONLY RENEWABLE ENGERY FIVE (5) SINGLE-FAMILY HOUSES with a small venture capitalists investment, because I feel it is not worth effort helping poor nation like Nigeria get interested in efficiency-saving needs while U.S. and U.K. have lot of successful helping other poor/farming nations in renewable engery electricity for houses, farms, and businesses. You make me feel like to back off [Nigeria] and start focus on my motherland (U.S.)'s poor/rural/farming towns to develop my ideal proposal. Sorry no offend!!!

For those who responded me, I want to thank you to give me lot of thoughts!  Wish you all Nigerians best luck to resolve the power sector issues as well as housing issues!! I still remain my Nigeria friendship since 6 months ago this person first met me.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by Seun(m): 5:43pm On Feb 19, 2007
All right. I look forward to helping you promote the renewable houses you're determined to build. Hope they sell. wink
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by gmcln(m): 2:16am On Feb 20, 2007
Solar electric news in Nigeria see http://www.self.org/nigeria.asp
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 2:54pm On Feb 20, 2007
@gmcln

That is what I am talking about. Thank you for this link you provide above. smiley
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by anton(m): 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2007
uspry1,

You should listen to LIB Radio at www.libradio.com. There you would find a number of folks (diasporeans and continentals alike) who are interested in the same subject matter as you and just as committed to action . I would like to communicate further with you on this subject matter. Shoot me an email.

Nkonim.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 11:05pm On Feb 26, 2007
@anton
Great, i checked out the following link you provided, but the problem is that i would not able to listen any kinds of audio radio due to lack of web accessibility law that I am required to have written audio transcriptions.

Where the link you mention about the same subject, renewable energy in Nigeria at the following link you mentioned above?

You would not understand fully what I talk about the lack of web accessibility on that following link you mentioned.

Finally I will talk to my Nigerian partner to help me out translating what audio radio say for me as soon as he will be here in the USA.  Listening the audio radio on the website or radio is not good for me, but great for largest audiences who love listening the audio radio dynamically.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 11:11pm On Feb 26, 2007
@anton

read the following topic "Wind-generated electric energy" i wrote that is found at below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-40919.0.html

there is hottest debate topic.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by SOJ(m): 9:31pm On Feb 28, 2007
@uspry1
I really dig your ideas(and passion) but i cannot but agree with seun that nigerians may only buy into your idea if such renewable housiong is found to be cost effective relative to what obatins in Nig.right now,i suggest u do more research in providing housing built without internal concrete blocks(i.e. with padding and filling) especially light structures.Such housing,esp if affordable,could become a big hit in Nig.
Solar powered housing is laudable considering the epilleptic nature of PHCN supply and high cost of managing a generating set.Include this factors as cost-comparatives in your bizplan and you may hit pay-dirt.
By the way,i'm a building professional.Do i make sense? wink
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 5:56am On Mar 01, 2007
@SOJ

While I have been reseaching on housing last week, I found the solution for cheaper house building but I do not know about Nigeria farming supply I need. Do your homework, there are lot I found, US, UK, India, Japan, etc.

Do Nigeria have baled haystacks or straws?

There has 50 different  straw-stucco house models, also there has alternative materials if straws are not available. My goal is to build five each straw-stucco house with wind-generated and solar renewable energy---all applicanes are energy saving (not regulars one you have at home).  One straw house with 2 bdrm, kitchen, living room, dining room, 1 and half bathroom cost $10,000 USD. Two homemade small-scaled wind-generated cost $300 USD each (total $600.00 USD) and one homemade roof-mounted solar energy cost $1000.00 USD.  Remember I do not want buy from factory-made renewable energy manufacturers which probable cost twice around $3,000.00-$10,000.00 USD.

I would sell that house roughly $25,000.00 USD to working class (income) Nigerian family outside of Lagos, prefer rural settling driving/walking distance into the cities. (five houses X $25,000.00 each = $125,000.00) So i would reinvest another five houses to build repeated until I get 100 units houses one community.

That means I have to look for venture capitalists who are willing to donate at least more than $125,000 including shipping/air freight cost to carry all supply just in case of Nigeria do not have that kinds of materials mentioned above. (i prefer several portable rented truckloads---less trouble from thief nigerians).

Right now i am still studying on renewable energy and housing issues for Nigeria to work with my Nigerian partner. Other private Africa organizations has been done in renewable energy for poor rural nation only for two years so far. (mostly outside Nigeria) Ghana and Benin poor nations as well as South Africa, India, Uganda, and other poor nations already received many donated renewable energy by US privatation sectors. I wonder why not Nigeria get one!!!
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by Seun(m): 12:17am On Mar 02, 2007
Hmmmm. You've gotta convert it to naira and compare to prices in the property section. Not an easy project at all!
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by SOJ(m): 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2007
@uspry1

Hmm, i think your estimates are a bit high for the average working-class Nigerian. Nigerians prioritise building in a good neighborhood at the most affordabvle cost.About stray/stucco materials, the answer is no.The cheaper affordable alternatives we have to these are concrete-stabilized clay bricks and mud bricks(for the low-income Nigerian).I advise your do more research on using other low-cost building materials(such as precast light-weight panels).This would help bring costs down and makeyour venture an atttractive one.I must say your initiative can come at no better time cos Nigerians need an affordable alternative to cement as buuilding materials(whose cost rises day by day) and an alternative to public power supply,probably through solar energy.
I wonder if i may hjave materials and schematics sent to me for perusal.u can email me at adesoji@enownow.com
All the best!
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 5:54pm On Mar 09, 2007
@SOJ

Thank you for your suggestion on low-cost building materials and answered my questions. I will do more researching for another power energy housing affordable alternatives for low-income Nigerians as well as working-income Nigerians.

I will be contacted you via email you mentioned to discuss further details and to screen you out FIRST to protect my project. There are several strict conditions you will find in email later.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by Naija4ward(m): 6:59am On Mar 10, 2007
SUPRY,

Well done for this project. You can achieve substantial progress on Nigeria if you can try and visit for ONE WEEK. You will see first hand and be able to make critical appraisal. I believe the more you visit the better and quicker.

I am currently thinking along "affordable" windpower, DC/AC inverter for individual homes.

Please keep up the good work.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2007
@Naija4ward

I am still working on hybrid renewable energy house that contains a typical independent utility-interactive/high voltage AC, 2.4kW solar photovoltaics (PV), 1kW small-scaled wind turbine, battery backup and inverters.

I want to build the first FIVE single-family house with 3 bedroom, living room, dining room, kitchen and all energy-saving applicances to sell. Once first FIVE HOUSES sold, I will re-invest using my profit building another FIVE houses until reach 100 unit to satisfy my goal.

Right now i am working on one or two-page illustrated brochure with the price quote request for a hybrid renewable energy house including specificed low-cost building materials I seek for Nigeria licensed building professionals as well as realtors. (i am aware of Nigeria real estate fraud I read their site)

Finally, I will work on fundraising myself to have one or two-week(s) Nigeria trip as you said in order to get the idea what I need. The expenses costs lot of money for me alone: one round-trip ticket, hotel/meal, travel insurance, and translation service. But I will not myself ALONE FLYING DOWN THERE, must have partner with VALID PASSPORT/VISA come with me whatever i go. I have make my determination to change the Nigerian partner whom I met due to communication inconsistences---look for new one who has the same dream, business-oriented, technicially, artistically, well-educated, well-marketing, and seriously responsibility roles as mine, especially accepting WHO I AM no matter what!!!

Thank you for your word of encouragement i inspired!  grin
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by naijafresh: 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2007
@USPRY1

You dont need a translation service in Nigeria my love, surprisingly most people you come across will speak heavily accented 'queens english'
just speak a little slower, no slang and pronounce your words properly so they can understand your accent

If they can't speak english check to make sure you are in the right country

grin
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 7:00pm On Mar 10, 2007
@naijafresh
I do need translation service for myself, not only English, another language that hearing people do not understand my voice other than English. I have to use my own visual aids as alternative method of communication.

Do not worry, you all will be surprised to greet me in person once I come down to Nigeria. I maybe be THE FIRST AFRICA-AMERICAN FEMALE with other language speaking to help out Nigeria, maybe not!!!

Only i concern about get riding in major city such as Lagos or rural village from the MM airport, i heard about bad roads, robbers, tourist strand, and horrible stories. So I don't want myself alone in a strange country, so i rather have travel/business companionship with me.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by mrmayor(m): 8:25pm On Mar 10, 2007
Uspry1,

Lady you have got some fantastic ideas,wow.I am planning on installing inverters instead of a diesel generator in the four apartment project I have at the moment.I'm checking out different vendors inverters.Inverters with load capacity of 2 airconditioners,a fridge freezer etc.It would a bit expensive to install but considering cost of a generator to serve four apartments and cost of fuel it should be worth the effort.What am not sure now is whether to have a central installation or individual installation.Any keep up the great effort,I believe that Nigerians would buy you idea even if its an expensive one off expenditure,

Cheers
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by SOJ(m): 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2007
@uspry1
ok then.expecting ur mail.about your travelling plans,i guarantee that u can get a translator here in Nigeria, depends on the end language we are looking at, but i assure u that most Nigerians speak and communicate in good english. You dont have to bother about driving in Lagos or any other place cos there are now reputable car hire and taxi services available;so you may have a "chaperon"!
Anyway, whenever you are ready let me know,i can offer more advice concerning your travel plans.
Still expecting your mail, and dont worry about someone stealing your ideas,i dont have the capacity to do that as u may soon discover, see ya!
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by Seun(m): 9:38pm On Mar 13, 2007
Just be careful. You really need to focus on what people want and not what you want for them. Sigh.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2007
@Seun

I am very cautious and listen what they want from me developing new hybrid renewable generated houses in Nigeria.   In the past, I used to work for customer service department in the banking/internet industries listening to the customers' complains/needs/goals in order to solve their problems making them 100% satisfaction. The customers are always NUMBER ONE I listen to. I worked with both top non-techincal clueless managers and system technicians to complete the 9-months secured customized credit-tracking system conversions. My three managers (one of them was my boss) of customer service department told me if i was not there with my God-given gift contributions, it would take them 2 years to resolve the system. In that department, there were 20 supervisors/assistant supervisors and 200 telemarketers i deal with being overseering and in charge of 3 different tasks duties. I earned lot of rewards and compliments for quickly accurately office-efficency that saved $18,000.00 annually on the paper productivity conversions from manually to dynamically.

In addition, i also am very cautious on 419ers to watch out.

Just like mrmayor discussed his planning on installing inverters on his 4 apartments replacing diesel generator that caught my attention to think about possible myself to be renewable energy consultant/distributors to help Nigerians to meet their desires/needs in renewable energy solutions including the Nigeria micro-economic small business loans program (i saw somewhere).

I need more Nigerians like MRMAYOR that I want to hear more before I investigate more.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by KayB: 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2007
nigeria has over 140million people with a very good landscape. Shelter being of d basic needs for humans cannot be unprofitable so i will advise u to act accordingly considering d resources u vave at ur disposal i guess u can reap it soon .And talking about ur specification, they are avalable in dis country. Success
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by uspry1(f): 6:56pm On Mar 28, 2007
Here is my current status: being created a rough draft of new frontpage cover of my proposal you can see at below. I am pretty busy writing on my rough draft proposal submission.

Give me any feedback, reply here this thread. Thanks!!!

Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by Seun(m): 8:22am On Mar 29, 2007
I strongly encourage you to consider the economics of your proposal. I really want this effort to result in something.
Re: Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria. by SOJ(m): 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2007
OK, Looks good. But dis is a jpeg file isnt it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute / Where Can We Buy Female Dresses And Shoes In Lagos At Wholesale? / Why Don't Vendors Participate In Environmental Sanitation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.