Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,296 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago (24398 Views)

Buy Ero Arike Local Balm - Nigeria No 1 Pain Relief Local Balm / Homeless Agnes Molokwo Helped By AGN (photo) / Oluwatobiloba, Boy Who Photobombed Wedding Photo Was Abandoned By His Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by dinma007: 1:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
A Nigerian lady, Mary Ero has recounted how singer Banky W was the only one who helped her 8-years ago when she was abandoned by her child’s father, sacked from MTV where she worked, diagnosed with HIV and also evicted by a friend she was staying with.

Read her heartwarming story below…

So today this happened. On the surface it might look like an ordinary celebrity / child-of-starstruck-parent photo opp but there is a deeper story here. About 8 years ago, while about 6 months pregnant with this little girl here, I fell onto terribly hard times. I have chronicled most of it on my social media platforms but to summarise it, I was abandoned by my child’s father, lost my house, was kicked out unceremoniously from my job at MTV for no reason, and to crown it all, diagnosed HIV positive. Shortly after that, my then best friend, with whom I was staying, decided she had had enough so I was given an eviction notice. Long story short, I began to reach out to my friends and acquaintances to try to pick up the pieces, get a place to stay, deliver safely and move on. Suffice it to say that practically none of my celebrity ‘friends’ ever came through. These were people who would call me non-stop when I was in MTV but suddenly, I was invisible. The only people that did were this man, @bankywellington, and @funlolafar. (Funlola I don’t consider a friend but a sister, or worst case my cousin anyway.�) What was funny is that both of them had no knowledge of the situation I was in. I think this will be the first time Banky will be hearing of it. I just told him I was trying to raise money for a place, I think. In those days @bankywellington had not even come close to being as successful as he is now. Yet the next morning, before 7am, he had driven from his place in Lekki, to my house in Magodo with cash for me. And as usual, a hug.

Now one reason people are scared to ask for help especially money from friends is that the dynamics of the relationship changes after someone has helped you out. People who give suddenly feel somewhat superior to the receiver or even feel that the receiver is a tiresome distraction. Not all the time but a lot of the time. However, with Banky there was never that awkwardness. I met him several more times as I managed to get back on my feet over the years and he never behaved like anything like that transpired between us. He was always warm, always hugging, always kind. Today at ICM which I took my daughter to entirely by coincidence, I ran into him doimg his ambassador duties at the Samsung stand. This would be the first time he would see my daughter ever. I had no intentions of her taking pics with him but he just grabbed her and asked ‘where’s your camera’? Then he bagan to tell her how he and I go way back. It was all I could do not to cry a little. As we left, my daughter asked “Is he a famous person”? I said “Yes. But more importantly, he is a good person
.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/lady-abandoned-by-her-childs-dad-sacked-and-diagnosed-with-hiv-recounts-how-bankyw-assisted-her/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by poksmahn(m): 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
Banky na better person.

53 Likes

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by oshe11: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
na she dey d 2 pics

Abi she meant 20yrs ago ni

2 Likes

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by sholatem(f): 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2017
And this is what /who a celebrity should represent.God bless ur handwork @Banky W

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by goldbim(f): 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
Cool...nice one,Banky!not those celebrities that'll help someone and still call for press conference..but why do people desert their friends when in need??#owo epo crew#

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by DanielsParker(m): 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
I've met him once and he seemed nice and kind. Hope to meet him again.

6 Likes

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by flawlessT(f): 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
God bless Banky and every hand that gives

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by Bolustical: 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
Yes
Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by bet9jawin: 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
Banks is a nice guy.. I REMEMBER RUNNING OUT OF FUEL AT THE MAINLAND BRIDGE ONE MIDNIGHT AND BANKY W PASSED BY AND STOPPED AND REMOVED FUEL FROM HIS TANK AND GAVE IT TO ME... U TRIED FOR ME BANKY... COOL MAN

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by Millz404(m): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
Whatsup with all these hiv news today

1 Like

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by lonelydora: 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
Good for her.

14 Likes

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by Jaytecq(m): 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2017
ok.... next please
Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by quiverfull(m): 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
Nigeria will be a better place when these celebrities carry out their CSR.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by enemyofprogress: 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
Chai dis babe go sweet die for bed
Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by EdwinB1(m): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
Nice way to reach out to others in need

1 Like

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by medolab90(m): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
nice one banky. and if not for her status am sure he will have a taste

1 Like

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
Bankyhead

1 Like

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by Kraspo(m): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
oshe11:
na she dey d 2 pics

Abi she meant 20yrs ago ni

Learn to read before you comment

6 Likes

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by Millz404(m): 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Chain dis babe go sweet die for bed
Raw abi

2 Likes

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by muller101(m): 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
She get AIDS like that grin I think I know her o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by sircrabo: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
Wow. Thank God for her life. See how beautiful she is. One would nvr suspect she has a virus. Even looking healthier than most HIV negative people.

Don't worry, God will perfect your healing

7 Likes

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by enemyofprogress: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
Millz404:

Raw abi
yes now

1 Like

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by oshe11: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
chaiiiiii

see head
Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by muller101(m): 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Chain dis babe go sweet die for bed
without condom o
I can arrange a meeting for u with her

2 Likes

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by IJOBA2: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
bet9jawin:
Banks is a nice guy.. I REMEMBER RUNNING OUT OF FUEL AT THE MAINLAND BRIDGE ONE MIDNIGHT AND BANKY W PASSED BY AND STOPPED AND REMOVED FUEL FROM HIS TANK AND GAVE IT TO ME... U TRIED FOR ME BANKY... COOL MAN

CONTINUE

9 Likes

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by Rikze: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
He was
always warm, always hugging...

Good you didn't tell us the rest...
you are indeed fortunate.

Ladies are always fortunate.

Guys I dey hail ooo...

Unfortunate me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by Kraspo(m): 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
muller101:
She get AIDS like that grin I think I know her o
b

HIV is different from Aids. And HIV is no longer a death sentence

3 Likes

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by MhizzAJ(f): 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
He's got a good heart

3 Likes

Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by oshe11: 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
Kraspo:
Learn to read before you comment
coman fox me
Re: HIV+ Mary Ero Was Helped By Banky W When She Was Abandoned 8-Years Ago by enemyofprogress: 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
muller101:
without condom o
I can arrange a meeting for u with her
no problem. I go even give her head

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Linc And Yul Edochie Unfollow Each Other On Instagram / Solomon Akiyesi And Ezinne's Wedding Pictures / Cynthia Fresh Uzomba: Dancer Celebrates 18th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.