Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience (69425 Views)

TSTV Is Back As CEO Holds Press Conference And Rolls Out New Deals / TSTV Is Back With Exciting News / TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by LorDBolton(m): 6:15am On Oct 03, 2017
mecussey:

Nobody can convince me how all these features will be 5k. The cheapest techno phone self na 5.5k yet e no get any of this....this is too good to be true. I just hope Yahoo boyz never go nuclear and have decided to scam the whole Nigeria instead.
Per the. Bolded ���☺️ #Savage

You got a point tho ..

2 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by LorDBolton(m): 6:26am On Oct 03, 2017
To the naysayers , my Neighbour says this is same way Nigerians were yapping up n down on why GLO cannot do per second billing ...

Later you guys will claim NIGERIAN GOVT n politicians dey sabotage competitors to DSTV ...

Y'all r the saboteurs !!! Why not wait a week or 2 first b4 dropping analysis??

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Justhere: 6:34am On Oct 03, 2017
mecussey:

Nobody can convince me how all these features will be 5k. The cheapest techno phone self na 5.5k yet e no get any of this....this is too good to be true. I just hope Yahoo boyz never go nuclear and have decided to scam the whole Nigeria instead.
oga, the features might not be 5k this tstv guy is looking beyond the loss in this features that loss can be recover from revenue the subscription will generate within three years. mtn and econet sell sim card but our own glo give it free. shay sim card production no get cost abi nah 1# wey glo sale ham him be. now others follow.

3 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nackzy: 6:42am On Oct 03, 2017
Please does anyone have their contact..i would love to work with this people....
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 03, 2017
TundeHashim:
Yeah bro...for the fact that they're Nigerian...we'll force them to succeed. They don't have a choice. It's only in Nigeria South Africans rape us economically. To rub salt on the injury, they kill us in their own country. Shey na only we waka come ni?

I want to be careful on commenting on this TSTV before they launch, but I feel DSTV is being crucified unnecessarily. Cable TV is expensive everywhere in the world + DSTV has done wonders for local content. Secondly, in an era when ALL of your major ISPs are struggling, someone offering ridiculously cheap internet bundle with video-on-demand would get a side -eye from me. If you have gotten shitty service from Glo, been scammed by Daarsat's IPO, still have your obsolete decoder from HiTV e.t.c in the name of supporting Nigerian businesses, you would understand why I'm very wary of this TSTV.

3 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Kingsley121(m): 7:33am On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:
Buyer beware, Do your research before you jump in. Here is my little research on this.

These TSTV guys are actually reckless. I am really surprised that they brought the minister into this.
I believe that this is another MMM. Buyers beware. This is based on the following:
1. Bein sports acquired the EPL, Champions League and Laliga only for MENA (Middle East and North Africa). They do not have the right for Nigeria. DSTV owns the rights for Nigeria till 2019. You cannot give what you do not have. When a new service is launched, you have to wait for the next bidding round to have a shot at acquiring the rights. You cannot jump in the middle and start showing it. Things are not done that way in the PayTV world.

A lot of channels listed like CNN, National Geographic, Discovery etc were acquired by DSTV on an exclusive basis for DTH in sub-saharan Africa by DSTV. Channels like Star Movies, MBC2, etc are only cleared for middle east and Asia. I really doubt that they have the rights to those channels. They may show it for one or two months before they are asked to take them off air.

I check with a content aggregator on the cost per subscriber for these channels, assuming they can buy the rights, it came out the about 23 USD per month. That is excluding the sports channels. Based on today's naira exchange rate of 365 naira to a dollar, the cost is 8,395 Naira per subscriber. The content owners globally charge per month for their content. They do not charge per week or part of the month. The content owners dictate the terms. Nobody can pay 8395 Naira and charge 3000 Naira. Not possible.

The cost of decoder package is as follows - decoder 25 USD, smartcard 4 USD, dish is 5 USD. Total is 34 USD (12410 naira). If we add shipping and clearing, you can get 15,000 Naira. To charge 5000 Naira for the package, you will need a lot of cheap money from bank to fund the decoder purchase. Buying 15,000 and selling 5000 sounds interesting to me.

To do internet via satellite, you need VSAT equipment which is expensive compared to the dish/lnb you need to receive dstv. Minimum cost of vsat equipment should be not less than 50,000 Naira. If you use the traditional dish equipment, you can only receive. You cannot do internet with it. Unless TSTV will supply you 40,000 Naira vsat equipment for 5000 Naira.

I went to lyngsat and checked the ABS 3A satellite, I did not see any information about any TSTV channels. Lyngsat is the database of all channels currently on satellite.

When you launch a new DTH platform, you start with a test transmission. This allows you to work through some issues that might come up. It also gives people chance to see some of your channels to make sure they are real before committing their money. There is no test transmission from TSTV.

In conclusion, people should ask enough questions before investing their hard earned money. If it is too good to be true, it's probably is. Let this not be another MMM.

EFCC recently arrested this guy for fraud.

http://motherhoodinstyle.net/2016/01/23/doctor-who-proposed-marriage-to-wifes-close-friend-4-months-after-her-death-dumped-after-hes-nabbed-by-efcc/
Saying beinsports doesn't give rights to Nigeria is u not doing ur research well....CTL in portharcourt televises all premier league, spanish league, french league, German league, Italian league and Even Championship on their Bein channels live...it's only in lagos that I see Dstv monopolizing the market...even I Enugu, Nsukka I used Real summit for a friend's viewing center and it still televises all the core matches and with English commentary

2 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Lexusgs430: 8:33am On Oct 03, 2017
MOBDRO is my favourite satellite service provider........

1 Like

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by whitering: 9:28am On Oct 03, 2017
Where is CNN and e. TV?
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by cuteralph101(m): 9:31am On Oct 03, 2017
Donald3d:
I might not be a complete expert at this ,but the knowledge of technology I have so far makes something suspicious about TSTV
(except I am not understanding the whole thing properly)
If you notice they keep mentioning data ,data ,data
My fear is that the data would be shared between your normal "hotspotting" and the stations you are viewing (so e go be like say you dey stream video on youtube with your data ).Does that mean the thing go quick finish
As much as Its an awesome news ,it still sounds too good to be true
Because they won't only be taking DSTV down,MTN,AIRTEL,GLO,SPECTRANET,SMILE are all going down cool

let me wait for all the "lab rats" to buy it first ,if there is good feedback I will buy two wink cool
that's exactly what they doing...availing u cheap access to internet...and cheap access to television experience. TSTV ti take over
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by sauceEEP(m): 9:39am On Oct 03, 2017
Till now not a single unboxing pics or user review of this TSTV, watching in AMOLED screen...
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by mecussey(m): 10:13am On Oct 03, 2017
Justhere:

oga, the features might not be 5k this tstv guy is looking beyond the loss in this features that loss can be recover from revenue the subscription will generate within three years. mtn and econet sell sim card but our own glo give it free. shay sim card production no get cost abi nah 1# wey glo sale ham him be. now others follow.

Subcription 3k with 20gb of data... If you know how much satellite frequency costs cost of TV programs well, everything is possible. I pray it works, it will revolutionarize the Tv industry. However, i would have preferred they started this company without noise. They would have recovered losses before enemies of progress arrives but the way it is...all this is too good to be true and with all this noise, expectations wil be to high and not obtainable.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Thundeh(m): 12:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:
MOBDRO is my favourite satellite service provider........
Yes bro. The only time I watch matches at viewing centre is when I don't have much data on my phone, when the data network is bad or when my phone battery is low. But bro wait, it's only a mobile app na or do they have Internet pay TV service so as DSTV.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Lexusgs430: 12:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
Thundeh:

Yes bro. The only time I watch matches at viewing centre is when I don't have much data on my phone, when the data network is bad or when my phone battery is low. But bro wait, it's only a mobile app na or do they have Internet pay TV service so as DSTV.

No DSTV or others, simply MOBDRO & LIVENETTV........
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Xmen149(m): 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2017
30days validity is for the 10gig(20gig at installation) data not for TV sub which is all on the 3k.

now 3k for 30 days on TV sub is N100 per day if your decoder is on 24hrs. N100 by 24hrs is N4.166 per hour multiply this by number of hours you watch TV.

if number of hrs u watch(including NEPA factor)is less that 24hrs you will use ur sub more than 30 days(do the math) but your data must expire after 30days.

you can pause your sub up to seven days to prevent people using it when u travel (after second days if anyone around puts it on it will start reading).

hope clear...
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Xmen149(m): 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2017
all facility ,sample device,rights and license where reviewd by all relevant authorities and approve before launch

we should only be worried about network handling large number of consumers.

for those doubting beinsports operation and stuff,kindly visit their official website
to see
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by chibuzor05(m): 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2017
grin.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Opetech(m): 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:
Buyer beware, Do your research before you jump in. Here is my little research on this.

These TSTV guys are actually reckless. I am really surprised that they brought the minister into this.
I believe that this is another MMM. Buyers beware. This is based on the following:
1. Bein sports acquired the EPL, Champions League and Laliga only for MENA (Middle East and North Africa). They do not have the right for Nigeria. DSTV owns the rights for Nigeria till 2019. You cannot give what you do not have. When a new service is launched, you have to wait for the next bidding round to have a shot at acquiring the rights. You cannot jump in the middle and start showing it. Things are not done that way in the PayTV world.

A lot of channels listed like CNN, National Geographic, Discovery etc were acquired by DSTV on an exclusive basis for DTH in sub-saharan Africa by DSTV. Channels like Star Movies, MBC2, etc are only cleared for middle east and Asia. I really doubt that they have the rights to those channels. They may show it for one or two months before they are asked to take them off air.

I check with a content aggregator on the cost per subscriber for these channels, assuming they can buy the rights, it came out the about 23 USD per month. That is excluding the sports channels. Based on today's naira exchange rate of 365 naira to a dollar, the cost is 8,395 Naira per subscriber. The content owners globally charge per month for their content. They do not charge per week or part of the month. The content owners dictate the terms. Nobody can pay 8395 Naira and charge 3000 Naira. Not possible.

The cost of decoder package is as follows - decoder 25 USD, smartcard 4 USD, dish is 5 USD. Total is 34 USD (12410 naira). If we add shipping and clearing, you can get 15,000 Naira. To charge 5000 Naira for the package, you will need a lot of cheap money from bank to fund the decoder purchase. Buying 15,000 and selling 5000 sounds interesting to me.

To do internet via satellite, you need VSAT equipment which is expensive compared to the dish/lnb you need to receive dstv. Minimum cost of vsat equipment should be not less than 50,000 Naira. If you use the traditional dish equipment, you can only receive. You cannot do internet with it. Unless TSTV will supply you 40,000 Naira vsat equipment for 5000 Naira.

I went to lyngsat and checked the ABS 3A satellite, I did not see any information about any TSTV channels. Lyngsat is the database of all channels currently on satellite.

When you launch a new DTH platform, you start with a test transmission. This allows you to work through some issues that might come up. It also gives people chance to see some of your channels to make sure they are real before committing their money. There is no test transmission from TSTV.

In conclusion, people should ask enough questions before investing their hard earned money. If it is too good to be true, it's probably is. Let this not be another MMM.

EFCC recently arrested this guy for fraud.

http://motherhoodinstyle.net/2016/01/23/doctor-who-proposed-marriage-to-wifes-close-friend-4-months-after-her-death-dumped-after-hes-nabbed-by-efcc/

Go and hug transformer !!!
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by VellyG(m): 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
nototribalist:
do you know something similar like tstv have been in use in some South East states like imo. It's called CTL just that the beIN sports 1 - 10 HD are not English channels but the 10 stations will show you all football live matches. As for the TV part I believe, but my problem is the internet part.
Bein sport has an English sports channel exclusively for premier league on CTL. Am surprised most people don't know about CTL. Honestly if CTL was in Lagos dstv for don hear am.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Opinionated: 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
VellyG:

Bein sport has an English sports channel exclusively for premier league on CTL. Am surprised most people don't know about CTL. Honestly if CTL was in Lagos dstv for don hear am.

I am wondering too. They used to be around a very long time ago.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by ossy7881: 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2017
TStv Africa wishes to inform the general public that the delay in the commencement of the commercial sale of TStv Africa decoder is as a result of complaints of non-availability of dealer / retailer outlets in some areas and some dealers who are still in the process of accreditation, pleaded to get accredited before product sale commencement so as to have control over their region.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by meobizy(f): 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hahahaha.
Almost a year later and TSTV is still giving promises. DStv still remains king in Nigerian homes. Those who can’t afford it patronize Startimes and other mushroom providers.
Let’s see what 2019 will offer this company. I lost hope on them a long time ago.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by tarantino1: 11:18am On Jun 10, 2020
Shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bbnaija: How Viewers Voted For Tega, Peace, Michael, Boma, Saga, Nini / KiddWaya & Erica Boobs: Will This Fresh Scandal In BBNaija Be Ignored Again? / The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.