Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,827 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Las Vegas Massacre: The Facts And My Speculations - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Las Vegas Massacre: The Facts And My Speculations (803 Views)

List Of Prisons In Nigeria: Facts And Locations / Nevada Judge Attacked By Defendant During Sentencing In Vegas Courtroom Scene / Ozubulu Church Massacre Suspects Arraigned In Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Las Vegas Massacre: The Facts And My Speculations by Bauer1: 5:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
It was a nightmare for the people of Las Vegas yesterday as a gunman opened fire on a crowd of about 22,000 attending a concert in Mandalay Bay. Below are the facts according to CNN;

* 50+ people are dead and 400+ injured

* The heinous crime was supposedly carried out by a man of 64 (Steven Paddock) acting alone. He has no prior record with the police nor does he have any known terrorist connection.

*The weapons used were automatic, capable of firing 27/28 rounds per minute. About ten guns were found in the hotel from which the shots were fired.

* According to his brother, there is absolutely no reason why he would do such a thing
* his home and hotel room were searched and nothing suspicious was found. Hotel Employees reportedly moved to and from his room for the number of days he was checked in and found no sign of nefarious activities.

* He killed himself after the shooting

Now here are my speculations;

Even though the possession of arms in the US is legal, the possession of guns as powerful as that used by the assailant is illegal and would require some underground connections to get. Now, for someone with no record of crime, at his age, and no known terrorist connections, It is hard to envisage him actually carrying out this crime.

The gunman conveniently positioned himself at the 32nd floor and deliberately opened fire. He took a lot of guns to do this (passed through hotel security with that many weapons). These facts points to a premeditated crime. it hardly fits the MO of one who suddenly became deranged and decided to just walk up to the black market without having connections to get so many powerful weapons all in a bid to kill so many random people.

It is even more convenient that in the end, he killed himself. If I'm going to kill myself at the end of such a crime, I'd leave tell tale signs of my involvement, our supposed killer didn't do that.

Could it be that someone else was involved in this?

could it have been a planned terrorist attack with Steven Paddock conveniently left holding the bag (after all, dead men can't defend themselves)?

In any case, there is more to this than meets the eye.

lalasticlala
mynd44
Seun
Re: Las Vegas Massacre: The Facts And My Speculations by spyroet(m): 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
So sad
Re: Las Vegas Massacre: The Facts And My Speculations by Bauer1: 7:16am On Oct 03, 2017
spyroet:
So sad
Yeah.. but what is your take on the issue?
Re: Las Vegas Massacre: The Facts And My Speculations by spyroet(m): 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
Bauer1:
Yeah.. but what is your take on the issue?
what could had let a man to do such an evil act no one knows but I think it a revenge mission
Re: Las Vegas Massacre: The Facts And My Speculations by Bauer1: 6:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
spyroet:
what could had let a man to do such an evil act no one knows but I think it a revenge mission
revenge on whom?
Re: Las Vegas Massacre: The Facts And My Speculations by spyroet(m): 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
Bauer1:
revenge on whom?
dnt atually knw but somthing tells me
Re: Las Vegas Massacre: The Facts And My Speculations by Bauer1: 5:36am On Oct 04, 2017
spyroet:
dnt atually knw but somthing tells me
I strongly doubt that

(1) (Reply)

Sos!!! Open Letter To The Chief Judge Of The Federation/inspector General Of Pol / Ogun Man Kills His 6-month-old Baby To Punish His Wife (photo) / "My Roomate Cut Me With Razor Blade Because I Fine Pass Her"-see Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.