Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Barca Will Consider Playing Outside Spain If Catalonia Gains Independence - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barca Will Consider Playing Outside Spain If Catalonia Gains Independence (549 Views)

Xavi & Pique Come Out Of Retirement To Play For Catalonia Against Venezuela / Messi Can Quit Barca, If Catalonia Leaves Spain / Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Barca Will Consider Playing Outside Spain If Catalonia Gains Independence by omochelsea004(m): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has confirmed the La Liga giants will consider playing outside of Spain if Catalonia win independence.

90 per cent voted in favour of going it alone from Spain during yesterday's referendum which was marred by violent clashes and led to Barca 's clash with Las Palmas being played behind closed doors on Sunday.

And the Nou Camp chief insists the board would have to discusswhere the club will play their football in the future, with Catalan sports minister Mariano already having state that Barcelona could end up plying their trade in the English Premier League .

Bartomeu also confirmed Barca plan to join a strike in protest at a violent crackdown by police by not training on Tuesday.

Speaking after a club board meeting, Bartomeu said: "In the case of independence, the club and the members would have to decide in which league we would play,"

"We are going through difficult and complicated moments and with respect to what could happen in the future we will take it on with calm and wisdom."

Bartomeu also explained the decision to play Sunday's match behind closed doors.

"Here at FC Barcelona we decided that we had to take some kind of measure to show our indignation to the world," he said.

"There were many matters at stake and we discussed these with the different departments of the club: directors, executive, coaches and players.

"I must say that this was one of the most difficult decisions that I have ever had to make as Barça president. We very seriously considered the option of postponing the game, but we could not get the Professional Football League to approve our request."

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had earlier responded to claims Barcelona could join the EPL and insisted Scottish clubs would be in the queue ahead of the Catalan side.

Wenger said: “I will try to learn Catalan and if Barcelona want to join the Premier League, it makes it even more difficult for everybody.

"But I don’t think it will go as far as that.

“It’s an interesting situation to see how it will develops because it will have an impact on the sporting side as Barcelona is a highly political club.

"But we have enough clubs here, 20, if you want to go up to 24, but before we have to welcome the Scottish before we go to the Spanish."
Re: Barca Will Consider Playing Outside Spain If Catalonia Gains Independence by Wayne4uall(m): 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2017
omochelsea004:
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has confirmed the La Liga giants will consider playing outside of Spain if Catalonia win independence.

90 per cent voted in favour of going it alone from Spain during yesterday's referendum which was marred by violent clashes and led to Barca 's clash with Las Palmas being played behind closed doors on Sunday.

And the Nou Camp chief insists the board would have to discusswhere the club will play their football in the future, with Catalan sports minister Mariano already having state that Barcelona could end up plying their trade in the English Premier League .

Bartomeu also confirmed Barca plan to join a strike in protest at a violent crackdown by police by not training on Tuesday.

Speaking after a club board meeting, Bartomeu said: "In the case of independence, the club and the members would have to decide in which league we would play,"

"We are going through difficult and complicated moments and with respect to what could happen in the future we will take it on with calm and wisdom."

Bartomeu also explained the decision to play Sunday's match behind closed doors.

"Here at FC Barcelona we decided that we had to take some kind of measure to show our indignation to the world," he said.

"There were many matters at stake and we discussed these with the different departments of the club: directors, executive, coaches and players.

"I must say that this was one of the most difficult decisions that I have ever had to make as Barça president. We very seriously considered the option of postponing the game, but we could not get the Professional Football League to approve our request."

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had earlier responded to claims Barcelona could join the EPL and insisted Scottish clubs would be in the queue ahead of the Catalan side.

Wenger said: “I will try to learn Catalan and if Barcelona want to join the Premier League, it makes it even more difficult for everybody.

"But I don’t think it will go as far as that.

“It’s an interesting situation to see how it will develops because it will have an impact on the sporting side as Barcelona is a highly political club.

"But we have enough clubs here, 20, if you want to go up to 24, but before we have to welcome the Scottish before we go to the Spanish."

Wenger they fear because he know say na to dey win league back to back every yr for barca

(1) (Reply)

Make 406000 With 200 Naira Only In 11 Days / Go! Go!! Go!!! Manchester United Fans Blasts Lukaku - Mourinho Not Happy / Kane “proud” To End Messi-ronaldo Duopoly After Record-breaking Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.