Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Limbo!! (fantasy) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Limbo!! (fantasy) (617 Views)

ADAM (rebooted)--dark Fantasy/sci-fi / Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Limbo!! (fantasy) by Darkhors3(m): 9:45am On Nov 10, 2017
Prologue
When the world was young the earth and the sky where together and the rivers flew , there was no good, no, evil, no light, no darkness, no truth, no lies, no order, no chaos.
A supreme being known as Mother Time spat upon the world and her spittle became a seed which grew into a very mighty tree which was now called the World Tree. The tree was so great that it separated the earth from the sky and divided the rivers, creating a new world.
Later on the world tree grew a beautiful crystal fruit, the first of its kind and mother time ate of it then became pregnant. She conceived twins named Day and Night.
The children of Time where the polar opposite of each other, Day the benevolent who represented light, justice, morality and order wanted to create new things while his twin sister Night the malevolent who represented darkness, injustice, immorality, chaos sought to destroy everything Day created. After a millennial of conflict between Day and Night they decided to strike an uneasy truce and share the world between themselves.
Day took control of the sky and the heavens which stood above the world tree and established his kingdom known as the kingdom of the High-heavens while Night went to the darkest and deepest depth of the earth called the Nightland and made her territory.
Day sired three sons, Zeal, Power and Victory, they were called Supremers due to their great powers above every other celestial spirits of the High-heavens
They were crowned the Three Heavenly Kings and they ruled over the heavens in their father's stead. Through them more supremers were born and their great powers spread across the earth where they were recognised as gods.
Prophesy has it that should Day and Night ever meet again this world would end.
Re: Limbo!! (fantasy) by zephry(m): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
loving this please don't disappoint
Re: Limbo!! (fantasy) by Darkhors3(m): 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
Limbo!!
Chapter 1: Crystal fruit
D my result spelt, it was my grade on Macroeconomics a course I offered.
"aww man" I said as I stared at the result sheet which was posted on general notice board at hall of the library science department. "with grades like these how am I gonna get a nice job when I graduate?"
"don't sweat it out dude, at least you didn't get a carryover" said Eduardo
"I can't continue to depend on the crumbs of academic excellence, this is my third D in a semester" I replied.
"Aristotle said" Eduardo quoted "the roots of education are bitter but it's fruits are indeed sweet. I like bitter roots"
"that's a metaphor dude...I've gotta think about my life" then I asked "hey Ed what did you get in this course?"
Eduardo was already leaving when he answered "I got an E, can you believe it? a f*cking E just like my name" he laughed."as far it's above an F I'm cool with it" my friend left.
Believe me when you fail an exam you feel bad but when your friends also fail you felt better.
Re: Limbo!! (fantasy) by TemmyT123(m): 12:05am On Nov 11, 2017
Following.. Please don't disappoint.
Re: Limbo!! (fantasy) by Darkhors3(m): 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
For those who don't know me I'm Lukas Berg a normal eighteen year old student at the Dewlake County University of Detroit. I live alone in Dewlake town at a tiny apartment which I pay for with my part-time job as a pizza delivery man (I work full-time on weekends), for my tuition fee the government students loan has it covered.
If I start describing Dewlake I'll get bored, the town was just like me :silent and bottled up. Eduardo my friend is the Tyrion lannister of our sophomore class being the shortest and wittiest, he was also good at repairing stuffs as if he was the god of mechanics. Me on the other side I wasn't blessed with academic excellence nor was I good in sports or physical workouts, that was why I was worried about my life after school, with brains or talent how was I going to get a nice job with only a B.sc in library science?
My smartphone rang, it was a Friday night and I was finished with my evening shift, I answered
"hey Miss beautiful"
"hey sugar" a feminine voice answered I felt blood rush through my cheeks "how was today? " the caller asked.
"fine as usual, but in a dull colour without you to paint it " I answered and she laughed.
"come on Lukas be serious for once!" she laughed again, more blood flowed to my cheeks.
"so Clarissa when are you going to be back from Harvard? " I asked
"I'm here already, left the airport this evening and still tired from classes. Believe me travelling by air can be weighing" she is. My heart played a celebration beat, the woman of my dreams was back in town.
"cool!" I couldn't wait to see her "are you at your place? "
Clarissa paused for a while and answered "not tonight Lukas... daddy's home and he'll get mad, but guess what? I bought two movie tickets to see the new Transformers movie tomorrow. I thought you'll like it since tomorrow is your big day "
I wanted to jump through the phone line and kiss her.
"you remembered my birthday?"
"sure, why should I forget? though I have a test on Monday I decided to pass off the weekend and be with you"
"Clarissa you didn't have to... what of your test..... "
"so pick me up by seven tomorrow evening and don't be late?... got to go!...kisses!" she ended the call.
"kisses" I said back and stared at the night sky trying to construct her face with the countless constellations of stars.
Re: Limbo!! (fantasy) by TemmyT123(m): 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
Keep it coming, though your update is short.
Following...

(1) (Reply)

It's Not Always About The Size Of The Dog In The Fight / Ecstasy Of Teenage Hood By Philip Vincent Abayomi / Help Me Locate This Story ***Located***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.