Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Respect For Other Religions? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Respect For Other Religions? (1955 Views)

"If You Catch Your Wife Cheating & Forgive Her, Her Respect For You Will Go" / The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Fun Game For Everyone! Come Laugh At Other Religions. Who Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Respect For Other Religions? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
Where do we draw the line between showing respect for other religions, while at the same time strongly proclaiming that Jesus is the only way of salvation?
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by rekinomtla(m): 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
Respect for what religions exactly? Definitely not islam and atheism. Both come directly from satan and his demons, both are polluted with sin and both desire to eliminate Christianity. Both hate the truth, both desire a dictatorship where the likes of a Muhammad or Stalin will rule. Both have dogmatic load mouth followers who abused adherents of other religions, just look at Saudi Arabia and North Korean. Islam promotes wife beating while atheism promotes abortion. Religions with such outrageous teachings shouldn't be shown any respect. Do we respect dictators? Should we respect a religion that allows men to beat their wife's? Should we respect a religion that allows women to murder their unborn children? I say no, to Islam and atheism, both don't deserve any respect. I'm slightly open to Hinduism and Buddhism as I haven't studied them, but islam and atheism I have studied in depth and I know they both have devilish doctrines and followers.

Shalom

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2017
Jesus is not the only way and he is not the only life and he is not the only truth.

God's word is the only way and the only life and the only truth.

2 Likes

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by NPComplete: 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
rekinomtla:
Respect for what religions exactly? Definitely not islam and atheism. Both come directly from satan and his demons, both are polluted with sin and both desire to eliminate Christianity. Both hate the truth, both desire a dictatorship where the likes of a Muhammad or Stalin will rule. Both have dogmatic load mouth followers who abused adherents of other religions, just look at Saudi Arabia and North Korean. Islam promotes wife beating while atheism promotes abortion. Religions with such outrageous teachings shouldn't be shown any respect. Do we respect dictators? Should we respect a religion that allows men to beat their wife's? Should we respect a religion that allows women to murder their unborn children? I say no, to Islam and atheism, both don't deserve any respect. I'm slightly open to Hinduism and Buddhism as I haven't studied them, but islam and atheism I have studied in depth and I know they both have devilish doctrines and followers.

Shalom

And after this rant, if we study your life closely u won't even be a good Christian. You are most likely one of those who flout almost all the commandments in the bible but come online and spout drivel in ur temporary self righteousness.

@OP
Respect for other religion is not the same thing as agreeing with them. You can make your point and criticize other religions and still show respect while u are doing it. And that's even the best way to preach Jesus. The ability to pass your point across without being disrespectful to the person u are trying to proselytize. Not by mockery and provocation.
Unless ur whole intention is just to show off ur bible knowledge and claim u know Jesus though. Then in that case, disrespect everyone. I am sure u will be rewarded for it.

6 Likes

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by Goshen360(m): 6:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
frosbel2:
Jesus is not the only way and he is not the only life and he is not the only truth.

Brother, you need to thread with fear and caution in your ways and utterances o. Hope all is well with you and your family? Sure you're strong in the Lord?

1 Like

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
frosbel2:

Jesus is the word. John 1-4 " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
He's the way to the father in heaven.John 14:6 "6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:35am On Oct 08, 2017
rekinomtla:

Shalom

This is loaded. cool
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by jonbellion(m): 7:25am On Oct 08, 2017
rekinomtla:

Shalom
shut the fuvk up you rettarded asswipe. So Christianity should not be shown any respect as well since you seem to know how not to be tolerant of other beliefs. All you halfwits thinking Christianity's the best thing since sliced bread it's not man. Btw north Korea is a communist state and not an atheist one and there are 21st century athiest world leaders that ruled quite okay.Plus I'm sure you wouldn't mind going to the UAE for a nice vacation Just be tolerant with other people's ideologies abeg. Stop all this my faith or my beliefs reign supreme shiit
And as for dipshit that started this thread when he ready had the answer at the back of his head. You're a real fukking dolt. Seems like you and OLAADEGBU have the bible so far up your assholes you find it hard to NOT spew incoherremt bullshit that would make any sane mind be struck in awe of your total dumbfuckery

3 Likes

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by hopefulLandlord: 7:32am On Oct 08, 2017
jonbellion:
shut the fuvk up you rettarded asswipe. So Christianity should not be shown any respect as well since you seem to know how not to be tolerant of other beliefs. All you halfwits thinking Christianity's the best thing since sliced bread it's not man. Btw north Korea is a communist state and not an atheist one and there are 21st century athiest world leaders that ruled quite okay.Plus I'm sure you wouldn't mind going to the UAE for a nice vacation Just be tolerant with other people's ideologies abeg. Stop all this my faith or my beliefs reign supreme shiit
And as for dipshit that started this thread when he ready had the answer at the back of his head. You're a real fukking dolt. Seems like you and OLAADEGBU have the bible so far up your assholes you find it hard to NOT spew incoherremt bullshit that would make any sane mind be struck in awe of your total dumbfuckery

I thought you no longer debate the sheeples
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by GodsMopol: 7:43am On Oct 08, 2017
frosbel2:

Gods word is Jesus Christ, John 1:1
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by vaxx: 8:07am On Oct 08, 2017
rekinomtla:
Shalom
your type is the kind of problem we have in northern Nigeria, Syria and all other religion war turn country....

If your rreligion is good for you ,then keep to it...

We need to stop this attitude of my country is better than yours

My religion is better than yours

My dick is better than yours..

I see it as quite immature, my little bible knowledge says Jesus did not condemn the Samaritan woman (john 4 vs 1 to 42)..so why should you comdem anybody faith....paul was benjamites ...according to Philippians 3 vs 5 yet he identify himself as jews...

If you are true Christian , you should wear the symbol of Christ.... Your attitude can as well preach on your behalf as a true Christian ...

How will the atheist see beauty in your faith with such utterances . let us be careful..

1 Like

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by OtemSapien: 8:15am On Oct 08, 2017
NPComplete:

And after this rant, if we study your life closely u won't even be a good Christian. You are most likely one of those who flout almost all the commandments in the bible but come online and spout drivel in ur temporary self righteousness.

@OP
Respect for other religion is not the same thing as agreeing with them. You can make your point and criticize other religions and still show respect while u are doing it. And that's even the best way to preach Jesus. The ability to pass your point across without being disrespectful to the person u are trying to proselytize. Not by mockery and provocation.
Unless ur whole intention is just to show off ur bible knowledge and claim u know Jesus though. Then in that case, disrespect everyone. I am sure u will be rewarded for it.

How can Christianity show respect to other religions when to them, the gods of other religion are the devils? Imagine how they called Baal of Baalism religion the devil and killed his prophets.
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by rekinomtla(m): 9:22am On Oct 08, 2017
jonbellion:
shut the fuvk up you rettarded asswipe.

Control your emotions. It's unnecessary to resort to such childish insults.

So Christianity should not be shown any respect as well since you seem to know how not to be tolerant of other beliefs.

Go read my post again, no one utter a word of tolerance. You can believe whatever you want, don't just expect me to be obligated to respect your "beliefs." I don't respect them, I don't respect the belief that it's not immoral for a husband to beat his wife, that an abortion is ethically neutral, that there's nothing morally wrong about homosexuality etc. I have no obligation to respect any of those beliefs just like you are not obligated to respect mine.

All you halfwits thinking Christianity's the best thing since sliced bread it's not man.Btw north Korea is a communist state and not an atheist one and there are 21st century athiest world leaders that ruled quite okay.

The two are not mutually exclusive, North Korea is an atheist state.

Plus I'm sure you wouldn't mind going to the UAE for a nice vacation Just be tolerant with other people's ideologies abeg.

I am tolerant of their beliefs, I just don't respect them.

Stop all this my faith or my beliefs reign supreme shiit.

Unfortunately that would require me to not criticize false beliefs, something I refuse to do. In the public sphere, all beliefs are open to criticism, no one is required to respect anyone's beliefs. So I'll continue to have no respect for both islam and atheism.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by rekinomtla(m): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2017
vaxx:
your type is the kind of problem we have in northern Nigeria, Syria and all other religion war turn country....

We need to stop this attitude of my country is better than yours.

I see it as quite immature, my little bible knowledge says Jesus did not condemn the Samaritan woman (john 4 vs 1 to 42)..so why should you comdem anybody faith....paul was benjamites ...according to Philippians 3 vs 5 yet he identify himself as jews...

If you are true Christian , you should wear the symbol of Christ.... Your attitude can as well preach on your behalf as a true Christian ...

How will the atheist see beauty in your faith with such utterances . let us be careful..

Truths should be proclaimed not kept in the dark.
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by rekinomtla(m): 9:40am On Oct 08, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

This is loaded. cool

Thanks. grin infuriated atheists keep viciously insulting me for proclaiming the truth. I've seen them attacking you in the same manner, they must have something against truthfulness.

5 Likes

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by segunojo866: 9:45am On Oct 08, 2017
rekinomtla:

Thanks. grin infuriated atheists keep viciously insulting me for proclaiming the truth.
which truth? Hell fire?
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by vaxx: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2017
rekinomtla:

Truths should be proclaimed not kept in the dark.
Truth shouldn't be spread with hatred..
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by orunto27: 10:28am On Oct 08, 2017
We are all Settlers in this Market called Earth. And God is on His Throne observing and judging us.
The Lord watches over all working and walking in His Purpose!!!
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by rekinomtla(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2017
segunojo866:
which truth? Hell fire?

All truths, whenever I speak the truth about anything that doesn't conform to the anti-religious propaganda many atheists have feed into, atheists attack me ferociously with unnecessary insults. undecided almost identical to how muslims attack me for speaking the truth about islam. It's a tactic of bulling the opposition into remaining silent and accept what is being said. It sad and unfortunate that such means are being utilized by atheists here in their crusade against religion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by segunojo866: 10:42am On Oct 08, 2017
rekinomtla:

All truths, whenever I speak the truth about anything that doesn't conform to the anti-religious propaganda many atheists have feed into, atheists attack me ferociously with unnecessary insults. undecided almost identical to how muslims attack me for speaking the truth about islam. It's a tactic of bulling the opposition into remaining silent and accept what is being said. It sad and unfortunate that such means are being utilized by atheists here in their crusade against religion.
so you think islam is bullshit and Christianity is the right one? You sound like a child that thinks his father is the strongest man in the whole world angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 08, 2017
GodsMopol:

Gods word is Jesus Christ, John 1:1

According to your religious text !
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by gabe: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2017
Good point. This respect thing is hard eg so many people are finding it difficult to respect church leaders who rob their members continually in the name of tithes to buy private jets and palatial properties while their members live in squalor. Key word is continually. You already have millions stashed in your bank accounts. Then you morally coerce the poor widow struggling to feed her children to give you her 'widow's mite'. Every sunday. She sells groundnuts or pure water all through the week. Then you make her bring the money as tithes or seed sowing. I really can't respect that.

2 Likes

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 08, 2017
gabe:
Good point. This respect thing is hard eg so many people are finding it difficult to respect church leaders who rob their members continually in the name of tithes to buy private jets and palatial properties while their members live in squalor. Key word is continually. You already have millions stashed in your bank accounts. Then you morally coerce the poor widow struggling to feed her children to give you her 'widow's mite'. Every sunday. She sells groundnuts or pure water all through the week. Then you make her bring the money as tithes or seed sowing. I really can't respect that.

Well said !
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by jonbellion(m): 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I've been busy Ser landlord. Though I have some free time on my hands now I think I need to bring out reasonbringer again
*goes to bring out reasonbringer from the sheathe and sharpen it*
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05am On Oct 09, 2017
jonbellion:

This is the best wannabe atheists can get. When they've lost the battle they then resort to insults, ridicules and ad hominems. Their emotions take over exposing their lack of logical reasoning. They have no argument. cheesy

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:10am On Oct 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

The sheep are commanded to show love to the goats even though they can be a pain in the behind. shocked

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:18am On Oct 09, 2017
frosbel2:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1).

You need to know Jesus Christ as the offended Creator before you can believe on Him as the sin-bearing Saviour and Redeemer. He is the true God who was there at the beginning.

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2017
NPComplete:

@OP

I hear you say not by mockery and provocation, good. How can I at the same time proclaim Jesus as the only way of salvation without disrespecting your religion?

Re: Respect For Other Religions? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26am On Oct 09, 2017
Goshen360:

Brother, you need to thread with fear and caution in your ways and utterances o. Hope all is well with you and your family? Sure you're strong in the Lord?

Why use medicine after death? undecided
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28am On Oct 09, 2017
vaxx:

We need to stop this attitude of my country is better than yours

Can you just respond to the OP and stop picking the mote out of your brother's eye? undecided
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30am On Oct 09, 2017
OtemSapien:

How can Christianity show respect to other religions when to them, the gods of other religion are the devils? Imagine how they called Baal of Baalism religion the devil and killed his prophets.

I can understand that you guys have not recovered from that embarrassment meted out by Elijah and are now bent on taking revenge on God's people. cool
Re: Respect For Other Religions? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35am On Oct 09, 2017
rekinomtla:

Thanks. grin infuriated atheists keep viciously insulting me for proclaiming the truth. I've seen them attacking you in the same manner, they must have something against truthfulness.

They are used to believing a lie as God has given them over to a reprobate mind since they rejected the truth. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Christian Fathers And The Jews / The Mark Of The Beast, 666, Is In All Human Beings Already / Money Cometh To Me Now - Prosperity Preaching At The Highest Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.