Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) (2620 Views)

Help! My System Slows Down When Charger Is Plugged In / Hp 8440p ELITEBOOK Laptop Plugged In Not Charging / Plugged In Not Charging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by majortwild(m): 12:12am On Oct 04, 2017
Pls my computer jst all of a sudden wen its charged to 95 or so it begins to write (CHARGER PLUGGIN BUT NOT CHARGING WHY) I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING ON YouTube BUT not working am very sure my battry is working fine cuz sometimes it charges on wen i use it below 95% but apart from that i keep writing that

Pls Any solution am sure its not charger cuz av changed it but still same thing
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by horllamy(m): 4:50am On Oct 04, 2017
majortwild:
Pls my computer jst all of a sudden wen its charged to 95 or so it begins to write (CHARGER PLUGGIN BUT NOT CHARGING WHY) I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING ON YouTube BUT not working am very sure my battry is working fine cuz sometimes it charges on wen i use it below 95% but apart from that i keep writing that

What is the model
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by udemzyudex(m): 6:29am On Oct 04, 2017
majortwild:

Don't be too sure cos electronics are very funny.
look for someone else with same system and use his ba3 to test or go to where they sell ba3 and test.
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by hatchy(f): 6:58am On Oct 04, 2017
Your ba3 is bad. I had a similar experience and replaced the ba3 before it stopped.
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by majortwild(m): 8:55am On Oct 04, 2017
horllamy:
What is the model

Hp elitebook 8560p
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by majortwild(m): 8:57am On Oct 04, 2017
hatchy:
Your ba3 is bad. I had a similar experience and replaced the ba3 before it stopped.

Mine works but the only thing is i have to let it go down like from 95 to 90 or 80 before i plug in then it will charge full but if mistakenly Nepa takes and bring light immediately it will stop
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by horllamy(m): 9:03am On Oct 04, 2017
majortwild:

Hp elitebook 8560p

Try another follow come charger
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by maverickdude(m): 7:52am On Oct 05, 2017
This is nothing serious na....This have been happening to my 8460p for as long as i can remember and my battery is perfectly fine
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by majortwild(m): 7:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
maverickdude:
This is nothing serious na....This have been happening to my 8460p for as long as i can remember and my battery is perfectly fine

Yea i noticed that my battery is Working fine jst that once it reaches 95% and am nepa takes and bring it or I unplug and plug back it would stop charging this only happen wen its 95% but tanks I now know how to stop it all i need to do is reduce the battery percent and plug back in it will work fine
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by chygoz3(m): 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
It's a normal thing built into some laptops. My dell laptop does it as well. If the battery was fully charged and then starts discharging, it wouldn't charge again if power gets restored until the battery drops to 94%. Don't worry yourself.
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by majortwild(m): 12:07am On Oct 07, 2017
chygoz3:
It's a normal thing built into some laptops. My dell laptop does it as well. If the battery was fully charged and then starts discharging, it wouldn't charge again if power gets restored until the battery drops to 94%. Don't worry yourself.
Tanks soo much at least i can rest now i thought it was something serious Tank u
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by Antina(f): 11:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
hatchy:

You are right, his laptop battery is bad.
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by stano2(m): 7:37am On Oct 09, 2017
Lol, u need a follow come charger...it's not a ba3 issue
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by chygoz3(m): 7:40am On Oct 09, 2017
It's not a matter of follow come charger or bad battery.
I have been experiencing the same thing on my laptop which was bought brand new, the battery still lasts up to 7 hours.
Like I mentioned earlier, some laptop manufacturers build their batteries to work like that.
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by udemzyudex(m): 7:48am On Oct 09, 2017
chygoz3:
I have been experiencing the same thing on my laptop which was bought brand new, the battery still lasts up to 7 hours.
Like I mentioned earlier, some laptop manufacturers build their batteries to work like that.

Definitely not hp elitebook 8560p.
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by chygoz3(m): 8:05am On Oct 09, 2017
udemzyudex:

No it isn't.
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by majortwild(m): 10:19am On Oct 09, 2017
udemzyudex:

Bro i have used 3laptops so far and all are elitebook and has the same thing its not battery issues nor Follow come charger its how its built cuz am using the original charger from Amazon and battery too
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by majortwild(m): 10:19am On Oct 09, 2017
chygoz3:
Exactly
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by majortwild(m): 10:22am On Oct 09, 2017
stano2:
Lol, u need a follow come charger...it's not a ba3 issue
I have a follow come charger
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by majortwild(m): 10:22am On Oct 09, 2017
Antina:

You are right, his laptop battery is bad.
Its not the battery
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by udemzyudex(m): 10:53am On Oct 09, 2017
majortwild:

Bro i have used 3laptops so far and all are elitebook and has the same thing its not battery issues nor Follow come charger its how its built cuz am using the original charger from Amazon and battery too

Noted

So u mean to say they don't charge to 100% right?

Still wondering why you were looking for solutions when you already know this, anyway I'm glad you understand how they work.
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by chygoz3(m): 11:29am On Oct 09, 2017
udemzyudex:

Noted

So u mean to say they don't charge to 100% right?

Still wondering why you were looking for solutions when you already know this, anyway I'm glad you understand how they work.
It's not that they don't charge to 100%; they do if the battery percentage was less than 95% before you start charging it. If it is more than 94%, the battery meter shows plugged in not charging.
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by udemzyudex(m): 11:54am On Oct 09, 2017
chygoz3:

It's not that they don't charge to 100%; they do if the battery percentage was less than 95% before you start charging it. If it is more than 94%, the battery meter shows plugged in not charging.

Ok, now I understand.
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by majortwild(m): 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2017
chygoz3:

Exactly
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by majortwild(m): 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
udemzyudex:

Ok, now I understand.
Yea he has said it all
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by stano2(m): 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2017
majortwild:

I have a follow come charger
use another charger to charge the laptop. I often experience this on my Dell laptop
Re: My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) by Donsammi(m): 2:06am On Oct 10, 2017
touch your laptop base the back of the laptop. is it hot? if it's hot and the battery compartment is hot. it won't charge up bro

you have to let it cool down.

(1) (Reply)

Please Can Some One Help Me With How To Remove Bios Start Up Page Of Inec Laptop / 4chan And Racism / Like New Dell Precision 7710 - Intel Xeon, UHD Display, 8GB Nvidia Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.