Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Tithing: Should I Disregard This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing: Should I Disregard This? (969 Views)

Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by betterABIAstate: 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2017
I want to talk about TITHE, please after this, you can choose to believe anything you want, but you can read your Bible carefully too.

99% of Nigerian Christians don't know how to pay tithes:

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22-29 told us how to pay our tithes

"22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.
23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.
24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),
25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose.
26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.
27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,
29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands"

According to the passage, we are suppose to eat our yearly tithes in a place the Lord thy God has set aside, buy anything you like and celebrate in the sight of the Lord, revere in his presence. You are suppose to only pay your to tithes to the "levites"after every last "3years", not every month. In celebrating, don't forget the Levite's, he didn't say submit your tithes to them, you can actually call them for the celebration or give them things aside the tithe.

Pastors are not Levite's, so they are not ordained to collect your tithes " after every 3 years". A LEVITE is a member of the Hebrew tribe of Levi, descendants of Jacob, especially of that part of it that provided assistants to the priests in the worship in the Jewish temple. "A priest or pastor don't collect tithes"

The Question is "how should your tithe be dispatched? The book of Nehemiah 10 vs 37&38 explains that:

"37 “Moreover, we will bring to the storerooms of the house of our God, to the priests, the first of our ground meal, of our grain offerings, of the fruit of all our trees and of our new wine and olive oil. And we will bring a tithe of our crops to the Levites, for it is the Levites who collect the tithes in all the towns where we work. 38 A priest descended from Aaron is to accompany the Levites when they receive the tithes, and the Levites are to bring a tenth of the tithes up to the house of our God, to the storerooms of the treasury"

This passage made it clear again that only Levites collect tithes, the Levites will bring "tenth of the tithe" to the house of God present them to the "priest" (so only 1% of your tithe should eventually get to your priests). Don't forget that you pay tithes at "3rd year" only, every other thing you want to bring at any other time are not tithes.

They will always want to deceive you with the book of Malachi 3 vs 10 "

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it."

But go and read that same Malachi 3 from vs 1-9, the passage was referring to the Levites (descendants of Jacob), who have the responsibility of collecting and bringing the tithes to the house of God, not you. God was urging them to bring the correct "tenth of your tithes" to the house.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2017
Well, I've always wondered. I really don't know what to say. Paying tithe in Mission churches like Qua Iboe, Apostolic, Lutheran etc is justifiable because it is no Man's church & the money will be used judiciously. Besides, its just once in a month. Paying it in Business churches is a different ball game entirely grin
Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2017
Dear op ask the holy spirit to teach more about tithing. He will reveal more truth to you. Don't study the Bible like literature or comprehension.
Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by Wilgrea7(m): 3:03am On Oct 05, 2017
according to the Bible, you're not a jew.. nor are pastors levites.. only the other tribes of Israel pay tithes to only the levites.. if you work the math, you'll realize that the instruction was not for you

2 Likes

Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by An2elect2(f): 8:57am On Oct 05, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Dear op ask the holy spirit to teach more about tithing. He will reveal more truth to you. Don't study the Bible like literature or comprehension.
If you have the Holy Spirit like you think, you would have known that tithing isn't for Christians. Stop making yourself look like the wise one and God the fool.

Be humble O man full of pride and poor in Spirit and let God give you wisdom.
Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 05, 2017
An2elect2:
If you have the Holy Spirit like you think, you would have known that tithing isn't for Christians. Stop making yourself look like the wise one and God the fool.

Oga tithing is for Christians. The scripture made it clear in Mal 3:10 on that and shouldn't be argued unnecessary. If you don't tithe,you're a thief and wouldn't have part in God's kingdom. The spirit is one can never lie
Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by Topgainer: 9:56am On Oct 05, 2017
An2elect2:

There monikers I don't quote and that incorrigible asuuchild is one. He is very slow in understanding and very quick to display his ignorance. For instance, it is very clear from Malachi chapter 1-3 that it is not addressed to Christians but Jews and the Levite Priests who were found wanting in that aspect of the Mosaic Laws.
I think you should do the same with that child
Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 05, 2017
Holy Spirit is indeed teaching his Church. I pray we Understand this Truth. Tithing is not by force but by revelation. If you don't have the revelation don't give because you may not be bless for giving without cheerfulness.
Malachi 3:1-8 is not for Christians but for priest and Levi. Abraham gave tithe because he had a revelation of tithe. There is nowhere God instructed Abraham to tithe.
Am open to learning and very teachable. Please correct me if am wrong. Shalom
Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by betterABIAstate: 5:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
asuustrike2009:
should I also ask the holy spirit to explain the ten commandments to me?
Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by Goshen360(m): 6:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
Stlawr:
Holy Spirit is indeed teaching his Church. I pray we Understand this Truth. Tithing is not by force but by revelation. If you don't have the revelation don't give because you may not be bless for giving without cheerfulness.

Am open to learning and very teachable. Please correct me if am wrong. Shalom

Malachi 3:1-8 is not for Christians but for priest and Levi. Abraham gave tithe because he had a revelation of tithe. There is nowhere God instructed Abraham to tithe.

Exactly the point we have fought over the years on tithes and tithing. If Abraham tithe is not the same as the one in Malachi 3 and not for Christians, when did Abraham tithe become

1. A monthly law to Christians?

2. A threat of curse to Christians AFTER Christ redeemed us from the curses of the law?

3. Why should religious leaders threaten Christians with curse of Malachi seeing you just said it's not for Christians instead of allowing God to reveal to tithe payers like He revealed to Abraham?

3 Likes

Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by Goshen360(m): 6:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by An2elect2(f): 8:31am On Oct 07, 2017
Topgainer:

There monikers I don't quote and that incorrigible asuuchild is one. He is very slow in understanding and very quick to display his ignorance. For instance, it is very clear from Malachi chapter 1-3 that it is not addressed to Christians but Jews and the Levite Priests who were found wanting in that aspect of the Mosaic Laws.
I think you should do the same with that child
Thanks I already did grin
Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
betterABIAstate:
should I also ask the holy spirit to explain the ten commandments to me?
Yes please do.he will teach you better and reveal miseries to you but it depends on you
Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2017
. Don't fall for the trick of the devil coming in angel of light. Yahweh made it clear in the book of Malachi.

1 Like

Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by Saverin: 8:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
I don't even want to go into the argument of whether tithe is right or wrong.

My question to Christians is who exactly do you pay your tithe to? God?

you gotta be kidding me.

You are just paying your 10% to a man who is not accountable to you in the name of God and I won't do that cause am not an idiot.

#making_common_sense
Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by betterABIAstate: 1:39am On Oct 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Yes please do.he will teach you better and reveal miseries to you but it depends on you
this is why our Christianity in Nigeria is the mist backwards.
Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
this is why our Christianity in Nigeria is the mist backwards.
This world is not ours. Narrow is the way to heaven. The broad way makes you think it's very easy. There's a way that seemeth right to man but the end is destruction.Satan is very crafty in leading many to hell
Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by betterABIAstate: 10:03am On Oct 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

This world is not ours. Narrow is the way to heaven. The broad way makes you think it's very easy. There's a way that seemeth right to man but the end is destruction.Satan is very crafty in leading many to hell
I'm not interested in your African version of Christianity.
We have more churches yet the most backward and lack common sense of reasoning.

Christianity without common sense is a curse and it has eaten deep into our society. You call devil for everything that happens
Re: Tithing: Should I Disregard This? by plainbibletruth: 11:59am On Oct 12, 2017
Goshen360:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWPjBzau_W8

Something for those who can think right and not carried away by emotions.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why I Suck Women's Breasts – Popular Pastor / Snippet: Concrete Reasons Why The Noahs Ark Story Is False / Not Everyone You See Is A Human

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.