Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar (6992 Views)

Naira Closes 1,402/$ At Official Market As Dollar Demand Persists / Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn / Dollar Supply Rises To $11 Billion, Naira Closes 1,572/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by Truth234(m): 5:46am On Oct 05, 2017
Increased foreign exchange liquidity has started filtering through key economic sectors and prop up Naira value against the US dollar.

The Naira appreciated against the US dollar to N363 on Wednesday, up from N366 recorded a week ago.

The continuous intervention has helped sustain economic activities and stimulates growth, the central bank on Tuesday intervened again in the interbank foreign exchange market with the sale of $195 million.

Since the economy recovered in the second quarter, experts have said recovery was aided by the surge in global oil prices. Suggesting that recovery might be temporary if not diversify across key sectors.

Also, while oil sector rebounded from 15.4 percent contraction recorded in the first quarter to grow at 1.64 in the second quarter, the report showed growth is not broad-based with the manufacturing and services sectors growing below the preceding quarter. The non-oil sector contributes about 90 percent to the gross domestic product, suggesting sustainability of the sector is needed to deepen growth and create new jobs.

“Rising global oil prices remained the force behind economic recovery and has equipped the Central Bank of Nigeria with capital to consistently support the Naira and at the same time stimulate the economy by boosting forex liquidity,” said Samed Olukoya, a foreign exchange research analyst at Investors King Ltd.

Foreign reserves rose to $33 billion in September. Up from $31 billion in August.

Meanwhile, the Debt Management Office announced the Federal Government would raise between N270 billion and N330 billion in naira-denominated bonds in the fourth quarter.

According to the Debt Management office, Nigeria’s debt stood at N19.16 trillion as of June 2017. Foreign debt payment over the next 10 years is estimated to be over $11 billion.

http://investorsking.com/naira-closes-higher-n363-dollar/

3 Likes

Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by dhantey324(m): 6:00am On Oct 05, 2017
$360 is the new utopia... Dis govt gan undecided

4 Likes

Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:17am On Oct 05, 2017
Tot it was 359 now it increased ok.
Dont forget to check this out
https://www.nairaland.com/4076198/15 Things You Can Do Online Just Sitting At Home And Earning Big(Proof)
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 05, 2017
This is how Dollar is showing our Economy pepper

5 Likes

Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 05, 2017
.?
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by HumanistMike(m): 7:18am On Oct 05, 2017
What will it take to bring this number to N100?

Things have to improve drastically.

Peep my signature.
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by twilliamx(m): 7:19am On Oct 05, 2017
Nice
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by Discharge(m): 7:19am On Oct 05, 2017
Nice one.....Hypocrisy can be described as a situation Where an individual condemns the gov't for poor economy and still wants the dollars at hand to appreciate....

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by Promismike(m): 7:20am On Oct 05, 2017
This can only be news when the exchange rate for naira to dollar falls below 175. Where it was before clowns took over the government.

You don't expect the value of naira to dollar to appreciate when your economic policies are snuffing life out of businesses and industries.

This government is just a big mistake Nigeria will live to regret. A WASTE OF 4 GOOD YEARS IN PURSUITS OF FRIVOLITIES.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by InwehAkpevwe(m): 7:27am On Oct 05, 2017
D way d tin dey go so. I jst dey 1da if we can ever get 2 d $1 to #1 promise. Or beta stil can we get back 2 $1 to #150.
#Godabeghelpus
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by Nukilia: 7:29am On Oct 05, 2017
When a country is led by dumb people, this is what we should expect. grin

With all the billions injected, we are still in a deep mess. I am tempted to ask if those in charge of our financial sector in Nigeria are intelligent at all... angry

grin 2019 is around the corner, and I am sure that those who are mismanaging this economy will end up surrendering their heads on the altar of true justice.
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by khalhokage(m): 7:29am On Oct 05, 2017
₦1 = $1
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by Vado(m): 7:30am On Oct 05, 2017
HumanistMike:

Peep my signature.

Hundred is too generous. They should reverse all their trashy policies and let that thing return to 166-200 of Jona era.

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by HumanistMike(m): 7:32am On Oct 05, 2017
Vado:

Hundred is too generous. They should reverse all their trashy policies and let that thing return to 166-200 of Jona era.

Nothing higher than N1 is to generous.
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by GavelSlam: 7:35am On Oct 05, 2017
HumanistMike:

Peep my signature.

If the average Nigerian is not into production of local substitutes or export, nothing would bring the dollar down to 100 Naira.

Except of course all US economy goes down the drain.

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by emmabest2000(m): 7:36am On Oct 05, 2017
Discharge:
Nice one.....Hypocrisy can be described as a situation Where an individual condemns the gov't for poor economy and still wants the dollars at hand to appreciate....

Hmmm....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by HumanistMike(m): 7:37am On Oct 05, 2017
GavelSlam:

If the average Nigerian is not into production of local substitutes or export, nothing would bring the dollar down to 100 Naira.

Every Nigerian doesn't have to be into production for that to happen.
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by GavelSlam: 7:38am On Oct 05, 2017
HumanistMike:

Every Nigerian doesn't have to be into production for that to happen.

Average was the key word.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by Vado(m): 7:42am On Oct 05, 2017
HumanistMike:

Nothing higher than N1 is to generous.

N1 to 1$ is unrealistic. Nigeria doesn't have such capacity. A country still grappling with power issues can never reach that feat without being heavily industrialized and a prolific exporting nation. Not even China, the largest economy in Asia is on that level yet.
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by HumanistMike(m): 7:42am On Oct 05, 2017
GavelSlam:

Average was the key word.

Exactly
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by brainpulse: 7:43am On Oct 05, 2017
The page is on 1 because it's good news for Nigeria. The biafran, PDP and iPods goats are not here

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by HumanistMike(m): 7:43am On Oct 05, 2017
Vado:

N1 to 1$ is unrealistic. Nigeria doesn't have such capacity. A country still grappling with power issues can never reach that feat without being heavily industrialized and a prolific exporting nation. Not even China the largest economy in Asia is on that level yet.

Unrealistic or not, that should be our target. Always better to aim high.
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by GavelSlam: 7:44am On Oct 05, 2017
Promismike:
This can only be news when the exchange rate for naira to dollar falls below 175. Where it was before clowns took over the government.

You don't expect the value of naira to dollar to appreciate when your economic policies are snuffing life out of businesses and industries.

This government is just a big mistake Nigeria will live to regret. A WASTE OF 4 GOOD YEARS IN PURSUITS OF FRIVOLITIES.

Please tell me what price you see?

Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by maxia: 7:44am On Oct 05, 2017
I just don't get it. I make payment for domain they charged at the rate of 367/$...then i withdraw from my Payoneer card they charge at 300/$...person confuse o

Pls is thr anyone who can buy dollr thru payoneer.

Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by Vado(m): 7:55am On Oct 05, 2017
HumanistMike:

Unrealistic or not, that should be our target. Always better to aim high.

Our politicians, technocrats and even most Nigerians are not ready for that yet. We are still on the frivolity train calling ourselves Afonja, Igbo up and down, corruption, kidnappings, ritual killings, nepotism by these elites and other vices too numerous to mention. Let us wait another 200 years, maybe we'll achieve stable power first, then another 500years to attain a common sense driven civilization on our own and not inspired by neocolonialism.

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by HumanistMike(m): 7:58am On Oct 05, 2017
Vado:

Our politicians, technocrats and even most Nigerians are not ready for that yet. We are still on the frivolity train calling ourselves Afonja, Igbo up and down, corruption, kidnappings, ritual killings, nepotism by these elites and other vices too numerous to mention. Let us wait another 200 years, maybe we'll achieve stable power first, then another 500years to attain a common sense driven civilization on our own and not inspired by neocolonialism.

You are not a positive/optimistic human being. Please stop replying me.
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by Vado(m): 8:02am On Oct 05, 2017
HumanistMike:

You are not a positive/optimistic human being. Please stop replying me.

You have dreams, that's cool but Nigeria is not that fantasy world. Arrive derci!
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by Pixeldesign: 8:13am On Oct 05, 2017
Our criminal banks still charging 370-375/$
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by Abbotp: 9:06am On Oct 05, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by dagr8(m): 9:56am On Oct 05, 2017
maxia:
I just don't get it. I make payment for domain they charged at the rate of 367/$...then i withdraw from my Payoneer card they charge at 300/$...person confuse o

Pls is thr anyone who can buy dollr thru payoneer.

Yes, I do buy. Kindly contact me. Check my signature
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by Zdoh(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2017
BRING ALL YOUR FUNDS

Payoneer

Paypal

Skrill

Bitcoin

Neteller for instant exchange to
Naira...instant payment guarantee.

Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer and iwriter withdrawal services available @attractive rate

ZIDOHEXCHANGE
Call/Whatsap....08088759163
Re: Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar by Teel: 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2017
$1500 payoneer for immediate sale at N340

Holla on whatsapp

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Appoints Transaction Advisers For $6.2 Bilion Eurobond Issuance / Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently / I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.