Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card (7000 Views)

Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card / How My Roommate Stole 120,000 Naira From My ATM Card And How I Caught Him / How Can I Get A Legal Us Bank Account/atm Card? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by honeric01(m): 7:20pm On Oct 02, 2010

Hello,
Please is there any Nigerian/human living in the US who knows alot about how a non-American resident can get a bank account with an ATM card (visa or MasterCard) legally? i need it because i am trying to start a business that requires getting paid in the states through a US bank.

Reason why i need the ATM card (visa or MasterCard) is to withdraw my cash here in Nigeria whenever i want to.

Thanks.
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by CarlosVent(m): 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2010
I wonder if there is any atm in Nigeria that can give you the USD physical cash here?
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by honeric01(m): 12:15am On Oct 03, 2010
^^^^

I don't think the atm is going to dispense dollars, rather it will dispense in the local currency or am i wrong?
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by SpikesC1: 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^

I don't think the atm is going to dispense dollars, rather it will dispense in the local currency or am i wrong?
thats a lie, in lagos there is a dollar ATM available and they are still trying to extend it in some other states.
honeric01:

Hello,
Please is there any Nigerian/human living in the US who knows alot about how a non-American resident can get a bank account with an ATM card (visa or MasterCard) legally? i need it because i am trying to start a business that requires getting paid in the states through a US bank.

Reason why i need the ATM card (visa or MasterCard) is to withdraw my cash here in Nigeria whenever i want to.

Thanks.

you don't really need a usa bank account, most of businesses now require domicilliary account, so just check well, you would see whether is possible.
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by stagger: 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2010
honeric01:

Hello,

Thanks.

Let me be honest with you. YOU CANNOT OPEN A US ACCOUNT AS A NON-RESIDENT, ESPECIALLY AS A NIGERIAN. This is one of the provisions of the Patriot Act that came into effect after the Sept 11, 2001 bombings as a measure to track all funds in US banks to make sure that none of those come from foreigners who have terrorist ties.

So just forget about it.

Rather, I will advise you to open a Swiss bank account. I have the complete account opening kit. It cost only N8,000 and this account comes with an ATM card that will work in Nigeria.

I have one and that is why I am talking with confidence about this.

Don't let anyone fool you into thinking you can open a US account as a non-resident. Unless you want to get into trouble with the most powerful government in the world.
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by honeric01(m): 10:21pm On Oct 03, 2010
Spikes C, :

thats a lie, in lagos there is a dollar ATM available and they are still trying to extend it in some other states.you don't really need a usa bank account, most of businesses now require domicilliary account, so just check well, you would see whether is possible.

What's the lie here? where is a dollar dispensing machine located in Lagos? can you give me an address to the ATM? or do you mean there's a dollar dispensing machine at the international airport? undecided

Since i don't need a US bank/ATM, tell me what i need that won't make my US clients have to pay transfer fees while trying to pay me.

I have a dom account but i don't want my US clients having to pay fees before they can pay me.
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by honeric01(m): 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2010
stagger:

Let me be honest with you. YOU CANNOT OPEN A US ACCOUNT AS A NON-RESIDENT, ESPECIALLY AS A NIGERIAN. This is one of the provisions of the Patriot Act that came into effect after the Sept 11, 2001 bombings as a measure to track all funds in US banks to make sure that none of those come from foreigners who have terrorist ties.

So just forget about it.

Rather, I will advise you to open a Swiss bank account. I have the complete account opening kit. It cost only N8,000 and this account comes with an ATM card that will work in Nigeria.

I have one and that is why I am talking with confidence about this.

Don't let anyone fool you into thinking you can open a US account as a non-resident. Unless you want to get into trouble with the most powerful government in the world.

When you read through the thread, did you see me write about Swiss bank account? did i tell you i wanted another bank account except a US bank account?

By the way, i wasn't looking for any paid service from anyone, so go advertise your "kit" elsewhere. (selling kits as if you are the one that owns the bank).
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by stagger: 8:27am On Oct 04, 2010
My friend, no one is selling anything to you. That is the Naira equivalent of what you will pay to get the kit. If you don't want advise, then why did you come here? Don't you know you can't open a US BANK AC? You are doing business with an American and your business partner did not tell you the provisions of the Patriot Act. Why do you think American forex companies have stopped accepting clients from several countries incl Nigeria? You are doing business with a national of a country and you don't know the government regulations regarding conduct of business in that country. Some of you think you are wise, but don't know you are empty. Go and open the US ac let us see. When you do so, come here and tell us how far. This is how you guys set yourself up to get scammed. Then you come back here to talk rubbish about how you got scammed!
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by honeric01(m): 9:42am On Oct 04, 2010
^^^^

Who's this one self? you don't have any tangible info to tell me about getting a US bank account, i have gotten the info i needed so i don't want your swiss bank sermon.

whoever told you it was not possible to own a us bank account does not know nada about what he is saying.

I have gotten all the info needed to get a US bank account, so please spare me the sermon.

some of the info are even on some of these US bank, so like i said, keep your Swiss bank and "impossible" sermon to yourself.

Getting scammed is not in my vocabulary, i was never looking to pay anyone a dime, so hold your peace.
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by stagger: 10:19am On Oct 04, 2010
Another lamb about to be led to the slaughter of scammers. Like i said, if you are able to open that US bank account, i will come here to give you a public apology. Don't even try to use some crooked means because you will be found out, all your funds seized and you could be prosecuted by the US goverment. Find another way for your client to pay you. Use a card option. Payoneer has an option where you can receive funds from another person via credit card. Don't go daring the US Government by contravening the Patriot Act. Me i don talk finish!

1 Like

Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by honeric01(m): 10:34am On Oct 04, 2010
^^^^

it seems you cannot read, maybe you think you are dealing with a newbie on this forum, because i posted here about getting a US bank account does not mean i do not know how things work out there, lol funny people.

Enough of time wasting.
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by honeric01(m): 10:50am On Oct 04, 2010
By the way, read the content of the thread again, this dude here is not in anyway going to pass through the backdoor, if that was an option for me, wouldn't be here asking for advise.
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by nasbock(m): 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2010
think i could be of help for more details feel free to reach me on nasbockhomebusiness@gmail.com
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by honeric01(m): 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2010
^^

What info do you have? please kindly share it on this thread.
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by zinaLPF: 11:04pm On Oct 04, 2010
stagger:

Untrue. Non residents CAN open a US bank account. Yes, the Patriot Act is very restrictive, but it does not prohibit banks offering account services to non residents. In fact it is the social security number requirement that was historically a stumbling block for non residents. However, there are several banks throughout the USA that now legitimately accept other forms of identification.

I know of at least one bank at which all my visiting friends and family have opened accounts without breaking or bending any laws. They will not, however, open an account in absentia. If you are ever in the US, I would be happy to refer you to the banking officer, free of charge!
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by mammilo: 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2010
US bank account for NON US residents

US Dropshippers list

UK Dropshippers list

if interested call 07066555898
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by biolabee(m): 9:39am On Apr 24, 2011
@zino@pf
can u let me hv the details of the bank u used
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by zinaLPF: 5:39pm On Jun 27, 2011
@biolabee -
Sure. Send me mail @ info@lpfinvestments.com
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 15, 2011
honeric01 my guy, here is the info you need. If you are in lagos please go to their office

virtual pay solution dot com
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by honeric01(m): 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2011
^^^

Thanks bro but i already have 2 international cards that can work here in Nigeria, only issue is that the cards cant be funded by an independent person. sad

Thanks for the link sha, should look into it.
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2011
^^
Ok
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by fegflu: 11:49pm On Jul 21, 2011
Please I need to open a swiss bank account - pls show and link me up. Send me ur telephone number and email
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by frisahost(m): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2011
why not apply for GTBank visa classics or get a saving acct with master card, it can also be use for online shopping all over the word
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by seanet02: 4:54am On Jul 26, 2011
Honeyric go to spring bank or sterling bank. Seems one of them offers it sometimes ago. Don't know if they still do sha o. Btw you can use foreign cards in our Atm here. Access bank i can vouch for.
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 26, 2011
frisahost:

why not apply for GTBank visa classics or get a saving acct with master card, it can also be use for online shopping all over the word
Its been long you did biz with gtb they no longer issue out such cards unless to special customers
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by frisahost(m): 9:52am On Jul 26, 2011
blink182:

Its been long you did biz with gtb they no longer issue out such cards unless to special customers

Gtbank is still offering it, i ve both visa and master card, i am using my naira master card to make payment online, just walk to any grbank branch .they will give u a form for it.
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 26, 2011
frisahost:

Gtbank is still offering it, i ve both visa and master card, i am using my naira master card to make payment online, just walk to any grbank branch .they will give u a form for it.
They don't, here is the letter they sent me after I filled the form, I'll show you the thread of letters even.

Dear xxxxxxx,

REQUEST FOR A MASTERCARD/VISA USD CARD

Thank you for choosing Guaranty Trust Bank as your preferred service provider for International payment cards.

We received your application for a US Dollar denominated Visa/MasterCard and are pleased to inform you that based on your account history and needs; the GTBank Naira MasterCard (ATM card) is adequately equipped to serve you for all your Dollar payments.

A very exciting feature of the GTBank Naira MasterCard (ATM card) is that the card can be used both in Nigeria and in other countries of the world up to a yearly limit of $40,000; allowing you to carry out all your transactions on ATMs, POS and Websites where the MasterCard logo is displayed.

If you have not collected your GTBank Naira MasterCard (ATM card), kindly visit your GTBank branch to pick it up and activate it by changing the Personal Identification Number (PIN) at any Guaranty Trust Bank ATM and start shopping!

For further information, please call GTConnect (24 hrs Contact Center) on +234 700 482666328 or +234 700 GTCONNECT, +234 1 4480000, 234-80-2900-2900, 234-80-3900-3900 or send an e-mail to cardservices@gtbank.com

Yours faithfully,

For: GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC

Thank you for your reply but I need the visa card for my dorm account as the online gaming site I intend to use it for categorically stated they accept only visa card. My naira master card will still be of great value.

Thank you

Dear xxxx xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank’s Cardservices.

We are in receipt of your response and thank you for your continued interest in our dollar cards.
We would like to advice that the issuance of the GTBank dollar card is based on certain criteria’s that are system based and so we are currently unable to oblige your request for the issuance of a dollar card.

We thank you and are appreciative of your interest and request

Thank you for banking with GTBank.

Kindly copy cardservices@gtbank.comin your response

Why can I not get the dollar card, I've met the requirements on your site. I cannot work with the master card, if you can't give me the dollar visa card, then give me a naira visa card, just give me a visa card. I do not want master card

Dear Bleep Bleep,

Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank's Cardservices.

Your mail below has been received and we sincerely empathize with you on any inconvenience,

The issuance of the GTBank dollar card is based on certain criteria’s that are system based and so we are currently unable to oblige your request for the issuance of a dollar card.

We would also advise you that you can use your Mastercard naira card for all transactions both in Nigeria and in other countries for ATM,POS and online transactions.

We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for banking with us.

Ok, the thread is longer but I think this should do grin
Re: I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card by Chinoanyi(m): 1:58pm On Aug 12, 2011
Spikes C, :

thats a lie, in lagos there is a dollar ATM available and they are still trying to extend it in some other states.you don't really need a usa bank account, most of businesses now require domicilliary account, so just check well, you would see whether is possible.

bro re u sure of this,plss i really ned dis address were it s in lag,d last i checked was at MMA airport but it does not work,do u kno any more

(1) (2) (Reply)

Closed / Get Your National ID Card Image For Verifications On Websites / How Do I Set Up A Commercial Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.